It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Some person in that article said that they are not effective when "worn in public"? Isn't that a strange comment as in so whats up with surgeons and medical professionals in the operating rooms.

However, the rush of sales may come at no benefit for buyers: Researchers dispute whether the masks are effective when worn in public, and argue that they are more effective to prevent the transmission of the disease from those who already have it. "There's little harm in it," Eric Toner, of the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security told Business Insider of the masks. "But it's not likely to be very effective in preventing it."

So I wonder what this guy thinks about Made in The USA toilet paper

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Does anyone know how long it typically takes (in the West) for test results to come back positive or negative? I'm monitoring a bunch of situations close to home and want to know roughly when we'll know if these are legit cases or come back negative...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

A few days for the 100% confirmation test, wasn’t the CDC sending testing kits to all the states to decrease wait time on the tests? I think I saw it on the news today or last night but I wasn’t really listening.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: celltypespecific

This may be a lesson in why globalism is bad.

this is ANOTHER lesson is why trusting the media is wrong

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The cases I monitored in Detroit came in sometime between 48-72 hours.

link   
a reply to: Waterglass

One thing that the masks will accomplish is preventing a person from putting their hands to their mouth. You can do it subconsciously, so having a physical barrier there will be advantageous.
If things go south in the US, I plan to wear a mask, keep my distance from others in public as mush as possible, wear disposable gloves and safety glasses.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
Does anyone know how long it typically takes (in the West) for test results to come back positive or negative? I'm monitoring a bunch of situations close to home and want to know roughly when we'll know if these are legit cases or come back negative...

I'm willing to bet money they come back negative, talk about over reacting

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Marlborough Red

There was a Reuters press release from the 28th of November going around , not sure of its validity , but it states that 4 cases of bubonic plague were found in China in the nothern inner mongolia region. Part of me wonder if this traveled on wildlife to the Wuhan area and they had an outbreak.

Now plague is treatable by today's medical standards for sure, but not if you A) aren't prepared for it B) have a ton of people get it quickly in a small area where it can't be effectively treated. C) the hygiene standards of the area are nearly non-existent.

I could see this being the ground level illness China is panicking about. Using the corona virus as a cover for an illness supposedly eradicated centuries ago.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc

A few days for the 100% confirmation test, wasn’t the CDC sending testing kits to all the states to decrease wait time on the tests? I think I saw it on the news today or last night but I wasn’t really listening.

Do we know if it does in fact cross the blood brain barrier please?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb
It looks like China has closed its financial markets.

bloomberg link

from link

Chinese authorities have decided to suspend trading on the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges.
This move comes as the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak grows in size and severity.
The government is kicking the can down the road. Investors can expect a massive correction when trading resumes next Monday.
China’s financial markets will remain shuttered until Feb. 3 due to coronavirus fears, according to separate announcements from the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges.

Excellent post.

If anyone was looking for a signal or point when they should be extremely concern the below is it....
Remember always follow the money!!

China’s financial markets will remain shuttered until Feb. 3 due to coronavirus fears, according to separate announcements from the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: johnb
It looks like China has closed its financial markets.

bloomberg link

from link

Chinese authorities have decided to suspend trading on the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges.
This move comes as the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak grows in size and severity.
The government is kicking the can down the road. Investors can expect a massive correction when trading resumes next Monday.
China’s financial markets will remain shuttered until Feb. 3 due to coronavirus fears, according to separate announcements from the Shanghai and Shenzhen exchanges.

What that suggests to me is that a BIG bad news update is going to be released very soon, and they're shutting the markets to stop them being hammered into oblivion.

Watch the news carefully...

edit on 28-1-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: scyther2286

interesting post. I've often thought there were two different viruses spreading through Wuhan and we are seeing the less deadly form in other countries.

Welcome back!

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Do we know if it does in fact cross the blood brain barrier please?

Rainbows
Jane

There's speculation it does, mainly coming from someone on 4chan who claims it's a bioweapon (flu symptoms first (flu to spread it)) then the delivery of the main viral payload to the brain and lungs.

They claimed this is why people have been on video just collapsing in the street - like a seizure.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
My company shut down its China factories yesterday and do not plan to re-open them until at least Feb 10
a reply to: ShortBus

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BostonBill99
My company shut down its China factories yesterday and do not plan to re-open them until at least Feb 10
a reply to: ShortBus

If that happens do people still get paid?

I'm thinking about the social implications of all of this not just the viral ones.

I mean if there's food shortages, etc, AND people don't have money to buy things with either - anarchy will be just around the corner.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Same thought here - as far as the Deadly Virus in Wuhan Version Dec. 26 2019 - 5.0 EQ Hubei region
(Link Fixed)

Wuhan - Don’t think we had any damage and didn’t hear any things falling, but the whole building shook for about 10 seconds.
Wuhan - My son asked me to stop shaking his chair.
Wuhan - The property wasn’t damaged and the shaking lasted just for about 4-5 seconds. It was just surprising as I’ve never experienced an earthquake before and I’ve lived in Wuhan for 11 years.

Wonder if the Lab was compromised and something else escaped ?

edit on 1282020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi
Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Certain strains of the flu can which also target the respiratory tract but they are not a coronavirus. But if this does happen, it’s very unlikely, you won’t see damage or symptoms for awhile, months or years because of neuron damage or scar tissue healing post infection. There are also other pathogens that cause meningitis or encephalitis which is increased swelling and pressure on the brain and those can cause seizures and high fever. Those aren’t coronavirus either.

The guy on 4chan also says the payload inhibits muscle movement and communication, but only the diaphragm....he’s trying to fit too much into a space with very limited genetic material mostly focused on reproduction. Destruction of infected tissue by our immune system depending on replication and signaling etc are why we get sick with viruses.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

That's what I heard, and that's been the real delay. The actual test only takes a few hours, but only the CDC has been able to do it.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

I'm expecting a shipment today from a place in China. I contacted them if I should even touch the package and they gave me a link saying that the virus can't live on packaging.

Then consider all packages/mail from anywhere possibly contaminated.

Can`t hurt to be cautious.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join