It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
markets actually bouncing right now... green by tomorrow and I'm back on the side of thinking this is way overblown

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Numbers I haven't seen floated in this thread...

Yesterday, CDC said that 30,000 people were being monitored in China for the virus.

Just like 100 were being monitored in the USA, 25 of which came back negative for having the Wuhun Bat Flu. Obviously the other 75 haven't been tested, otherwise they would be marked as positive and or negative.

Maybe the numbers coming from China, are the ones that have been tested, not the ones that are actually sick. Which would reflect what Docs in China were saying with 90,000 infected. Well, maybe 90,000 are sick, but do they all have the bat virus?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

Yesterday, CDC said that 30,000 people were being monitored in China for the virus.

Just like 100 were being monitored in the USA, 25 of which came back negative for having the Wuhun Bat Flu. Obviously the other 75 haven't been tested, otherwise they would be marked as positive and or negative.

Maybe the numbers coming from China, are the ones that have been tested, not the ones that are actually sick. Which would reflect what Docs in China were saying with 90,000 infected. Well, maybe 90,000 are sick, but do they all have the bat virus?

True. With a population of 11 million people, how many would have the seasonal flu, or colds even at one time. Is there any way to calculate the numbers?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
So it's been said,this virus was stolen from Canada and taken to china...was engineered to kill Asians mostly ....maybe the thieves didn't know this. If true and China works this out,we could be looking at China using their nukes on the west... plausible? Entirely...probable...who knows.

It's been said...

Good god, really?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

So it's been said,this virus was stolen from Canada and taken to china...was engineered to kill Asians mostly ....maybe the thieves didn't know this. If true and China works this out,we could be looking at China using their nukes on the west... plausible? Entirely...probable...who knows.

It's been said...

Good god, really?

OK ... now it's just silly.

I think I'll go play RimWorld. It makes more sense to deal with my alcoholic toddler for a while.

I'll come back to Flumageddon in a the afternoon.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

To be fair, he is not the first person to throw an idea like that out there. Unfortunately we don't have number and stats as to nationalities of those infected. Is it far fetched, hell yea. But as far as I can tell all patients have been Chinese.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: tanstaafl

It's been said...

Good god, really?

OK ... now it's just silly.

I think I'll go play RimWorld. It makes more sense to deal with my alcoholic toddler for a while.

I'll come back to Flumageddon in a the afternoon.

Ha!!! I literally spit some of my cranberry juice out when I read that!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

A virus could care less about your nationality, it just wants to bind to protein. Could the thing still impact other nationalities based on genetic predispositions, I guess but all that is gonna do is increase infection rates in that population. Everyone else can still get sick from the thing unless they have cells circulating already exposed to it through a vaccine or prior exposure.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Lol loved it, never tried that game, now I’m going to. Seriously though, the original theory sounds like an episode of South Park or Rick and Morty.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Do it Rimworld is one of the best management games on steam i still like to play !

This on another hand is the right thing to do i think for China right now they just need to change should to they will

All schools should properly postpone the spring term amid the #coronavirus outbreak: China's Ministry of Education

twitter.com...
edit on 27-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
this doesn't sound comforting -

'Draconian' travel curbs needed to halt spread of virus: scientists

The Chinese government has sealed off Wuhan and neighbouring cities, effectively trapping tens of millions of people, in a bid to contain the virus.

But some experts have warned those measures came too late, with millions leaving the region for the annual Lunar New Year holiday before the lockdown.

Still Hoping for the Best - Join me in being guarded yet optimistic

edit on 1272020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The guy in Toronto passed it on to his wife.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Fair enough, just saying it's been thrown out there before. I just think about things like sickle cell anemia, which affects blacks predominantly. But I understand one is a virus one is a disease.

But either way I stand corrected.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Incredible new videos of people on their balconies in apartment blocks shouting to each other to "stay strong Wuhan" . Here are two .
twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 27-1-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I just did some figures, not that they mean anything, but just for thought.

In the US it is estimated that between 5 and 20% of the population will get the seasonal flu each year. Let's assume that China is about the same. Not sure what the figures are this year, but we will go with a conservative 8%.

Wuhan has a population of 11 million people give or take from what I have read. So given an 8% estimate for seasonal flu, that means 880,000 people will come down with the seasonal flu in Wuhan.

Let's figure the flu season is 6 months. That means each month on average 146,666 people will have the flu. It could be less, or more depending on when it peaks.

Let's say half those go to the hospital, especially in a panic like this 73,300. With the panic, it could be higher over just a few days, rather than spread over the month.

The numbers of 30,000 to 90,000 now make more sense. Most could be seasonal flu.

Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Lol not correcting you, just that theory made me laugh. A virus targeting Asian populations developed in Canada and stolen via some crazy black op that backfired on the Chinese. I didn’t think you had said it.

It reminded me of the retrovirus laced hepatitis vaccine sent to Africa conspiracy theory and when you think about it how ridiculous it sounds. It’s like a James Bond villain.
“Yes.....yeessssssss, gooooood, we will develop a virus to wipe out that population group.”

”But sir, wouldn’t a filovirus serve as a better model, it can hijack the immune system in a week rather than a decade. They could develop a cure, plus the virus could mutate and spread elsewhere.”

“Do not judge my immaculate plan”

It sounds like Dr. Evil

Now what’s really scary are biohackers and bioterrorists that can order pretty much anything from anywhere and create or modify genes in a microorganism that specifically targets humans or a food supply. They may not have any limitations, be radicalized and have nothing to lose.

That’s the driving force behind building virulent strains in the lab and developing ways to eliminate them from living humanized animal models.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

I've never seen something like this, it breaks my hearts.
It seems so hopeless and in the same time so encouraging. Strength in their most desperate hour.
I hope from all my heart they will all make it safe and healthy....

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

I'm in healthcare but so far removed from epidemiology and virology that this is just general info that I remember from my training.

The data coming out out of China is definitely suspect (doctored, incomplete, etc) so I won't comment on that.

However, with respect to the non-Chinese data, I believe what is work is the time it takes a person to sero-convert after being exposed to the virus. In other words, if you are exposed to enough viral load to contract the disease, how long will it take for your body to show detectable signs that it is responding to the virus. Antibodies, etc. So, in a hypothetical scenario, if it takes 7 days post-exposure to show up on blood work, then you will conceivably test negative for the agent in the time before that. Then there are false results due to any number of technical issues to be considered. Unless things have changed in the vast years since school, they don't generally look for the virus itself. They look for indirect signs. The above mentioned antibodies, generalized CBC results indicating that your body is fighting off an infection, that sort of thing.
In light of this, I would expect there to be multiple tests done over a given time frame on any one patient.

If any of our more qualified members have better info, please feel free to correct me. I'm just trying to lay down some basic methodology.

It's been a couple of years since I've posted anything on a thread, so forgive me is I''m unintentionally breaking protocol.

Hopefully, this helps.
Cheers!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

YES it is indeed a very villainous plot lol.

And yeah its a scary thing what bio-terrorists are capable of. I will say that even if this is all an over reaction, it has at least been an eye opening event.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Wizzz0001

You should post more, I mostly lurk too, I just really love this topic and it looks like it will be around for awhile. It always helps to learn from people in the field. Plus we can correct each other if we mess up, I usually pull from memory or experience and that’s never 100% lol.

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join