It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: sapien82

for some its about getting out...

I don't think its possible to quarantine a country like china.. but you'd atleast try, right?..

We could quarantine the coast easier than the land side....good luck Europe.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

and its incredibly stupid and selfish

you could infect half the planet

and be responsible for killing millions , just because you didnt want to die yourself

why dont governments lock down all outbound traffic and all inbound traffic if it means protecting the planet and the species ?

isnt saving lives more important that the GDP ?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The death toll could be way higher than 25.

Who knows how many people could be sitting in their homes dead that no one knows anything about.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

That's the real thing - when does virus actively begin to shed? With ebola, it's onset of fever, but with standard flu, you can start to shed before you know you're ill by about 24 hours if I recall correctly. So screening for fever at the airports may or may not do any real good. It could be too late to catch the beginning of the contagious period or it may be spot on.

The other thing to keep in mind is that this thing isn't going to kill everyone. It hasn't killed everyone so far. They are saying about 1 in 50. Again, this is information from China, but at the same time, Captain Trips just doesn't exist. It would burn itself out before getting too far.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
They are saying you are contagious for between 7-14 days I have read a few places.

WHO is saying 7 days minimum I think.

Many people on WeChat saying 2 weeks but there is lots more panic as govt started removing videos last night. The censorship is creating more panic. Only the CCP is this stupid.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:30 AM
link   

24 Jan - 07:47:06 AM - NEPAL HEALTH MINISTRY SAYS A STUDENT WHO HAD RETURNED FROM WUHAN, CHINA HAS BEEN FOUND INFECTED WITH CORONAVIRUS - ANI - [RTRS]

www.aninews.in...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
After January 15 phase 1 meeting in Whitehouse with the chinese i hope Trumps not infected, it's probably only around now symptoms would show up.

edit on 24-1-2020 by CthruU because: 1

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
a reply to: weirdguy

I initially assumed it was a train station, because its got queue lines inside the door.. but thats a total guess. I see the flashing lights you're talking about

there's another clip just coming out apparently showing apc's in the streets, but there's no indication when or where
twitter.com...

What better means of checking if people are normal?
Closing 70,000 movie theaters down across an entire country doesn't seem normal. Maybe they should have an APC check the theaters out.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

edit on 24-1-2020 by Waterglass because: complete rewrite

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Talk about incredibly selfish and stupid:

www.dailymail.co.uk... rue

Who boards the plane without their kids? And why the heck did they allow the sick boy to board the plane?! Why didn't they just ban the whole family from boarding?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Values

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Talk about incredibly selfish and stupid:

www.dailymail.co.uk... rue

Who boards the plane without their kids? And why the heck did they allow the sick boy to board the plane?! Why didn't they just ban the whole family from boarding?

Fear and panic.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This happened in Nanjing, which is only about 6 hours away from Wuhan. The panic is real. But I don't think they should've let the family board the plane. IMO, that's just asking for trouble.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure how much if any of this video is fake but pretty dramatic.
youtu.be...

edit on 24-1-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Too early to talk about closing the borders? No incoming flights from any country with cases?

Seems like we are getting close to the end of flu season. Usually by the end of Feb. it just dies out. I wonder if this will be the same. Just as it starts to ramp up, it just fizzles on it's own. Let's hope so.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I feel like there is a missed opportunity to call this thing the Kung Flu.

Is that insensitive?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Whats the current status outside China ? any casualties yet outside China ?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

this link with numbers and contry
bnonews.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Not sure if posted yet, but this article talks about a simulation of this virus run 3 months ago.

Eric Toner, a scientist at the Johns Hopkins Centre for Health Security, wasn’t shocked when news of a mysterious coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China, surfaced in early January.

Less than three months earlier, Toner had staged a simulation of a global pandemic involving a coronavirus.

A scientist at Johns Hopkins last year modelled what would happen if a deadly coronavirus reached a pandemic scale. His simulated scenario predicted that 65 million people could die within 18 months.

Source

65Million people dead within 18 months is what his simulation found.....

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Amazon is sold out of most face masks. There are a few ridiculously priced options from third-party sellers, but most are “currently unavailable” with no expected date to be available.

Just another data point.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join