It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
Just because some random twitter bloke says there is a vaccine does not make it true!

Your avatar is the icing on the comment

Edit: Any other time of the year/situation, and Twitter is not to be taken seriously by this site. This time, they're practically prostrating in front of it. It boggles.
edit on 1/26/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Many people starting to ask where Emperor XI jinping is. He’s not been seen in a number days. People erupting on WeChat and Twitter in Chicago near asking where is the leader? If you recall Hu Jintao was on the ground in 2008 within 24 hrs of the Sichuan earthquake on live TV. At least you’d think he’d have new clips on TV news.

There’s speculation that maybe he’s been infected by someone reporting to him, I doubt this very much.

Starting to support earlier reports the CCP moved the government to Qinghai in the south which is their continuity plan. They have a whole government command complex built on an island in Pearl River Delta.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
According to wiki...

Pneumonia affects approximately 450 million people globally (7% of the population) and results in about four million deaths per year.

Roughly 333,333 deaths per month worldwide.

I assume that number does not take in effect a viral outbreak causing pneumonia like the current CoronaVirus. Just common viruses & bacteria related in the wild that can cause pneumonia. Pnemonia commonly affects the very old and very young.

Pneumonia often shortens suffering among those already close to death and has thus been called "the old man's friend."

Hello darkness, my old friend. ('The Sounds of Silence', Simon & Garfunkel)

Even though it's only Jan the 56 reported deaths in China seems on the low side. IDK, just a thought.

Also, bear in mind, after 17 years there is still no vaccine for SARS nor MERS (2012).

During attachment and penetration, the virus attaches itself to a host cell and injects its genetic material into it. During uncoating, replication, and assembly, the viral DNA or RNA incorporates itself into the host cell's genetic material and induces it to replicate the viral genome.

Since this Coronavirus is an RNA virus, it will continue to mutate as long as it continues to circulate in humans. As the virus adapts through mutations in the human host it becomes either less severe or more severe. 2 weeks from now in the US the virus could mutate into a different strain from the China origin and become more or less severe.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
New video apparently showing it's not all that bad in Wuhan city. youtu.be...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Many people starting to ask where Emperor XI jinping is. He’s not been seen in a number days. People erupting on WeChat and Twitter in Chicago near asking where is the leader? If you recall Hu Jintao was on the ground in 2008 within 24 hrs of the Sichuan earthquake on live TV. At least you’d think he’d have new clips on TV news.

There’s speculation that maybe he’s been infected by someone reporting to him, I doubt this very much.

Starting to support earlier reports the CCP moved the government to Qinghai in the south which is their continuity plan. They have a whole government command complex built on an island in Pearl River Delta.

How is a landlocked province (Qinghai) in the NW now an island in the southern delta? I've looked all over maps, where would this be down there? You sure you didn't mean Qinghai Lake's island? Not that it really matters where they went if they GFTO of dodge like wusses, but clarity of location does count if it's a real claim.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

I'm sorry maybe it's just me, but I don't believe that for a second. It reminds of a hostage reading from a index card. "life is great, thank you jingping, our government is amazing!"

Don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
a reply to: tarifa37

I'm sorry maybe it's just me, but I don't believe that for a second. It reminds of a hostage reading from a index card. "life is great, thank you jingping, our government is amazing!"

Don't buy it.

I felt the same way. Camera didn't venture inside the store to show all the shelves, either. I was looking for that confirmation. (It reminds me of North Korea propaganda)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Now a case in PHOENIX that makes 5 in the US

source
edit on 1/26/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Now a case in PHOENIX that makes 5 in the US

Maybe we should start a list of all who are confirmed?

link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

This entire site is a wealth of information, there were a few gaps I wanted to fill in and I just started replying in a few spots. There are many subject matter experts on here and I love learning from them. Figured interacting was the best way to speed up the process, plus if I get something wrong I can learn something new.

My civilian background is in medical research using animal models, not pharmaceutical evil stuff, university and NIH backed studies that work to change genes using CRISPR and retroviruses in living animals to stop diseases like CF and epilepsy from expressing. We also have studies blocking receptors with new medications that will starve out viruses from reproducing like HIV. My job is regulatory, biosafety and bio containment etc.

I’ve been in the National Guard for 12 years as a medic and have been an instructor, training and certifying them for 5 years. I’m transitioning to become a medical officer, I have not decided whether I’m going the PA or MD route but will most likely become a physician assistant and continue teaching and move to healthcare on the civilian side. Whatever the army will pay for once I reach that moment.

My undergrad is in the health sciences, it’s basically a generic pre masters in health sciences or pre med degree. I’m working on a masters in informatics, analytics and epidemiology. MPH degrees are too common and the more data focused healthcare ones are MS programs.

Not that any of that really matters, I’m just a name on the internet. I’ve met people with PhDs who were morons and others with no degree who were remarkable. Experience and credentials don’t always equate to knowledge.

I’m doing all of this for my family, mostly my son who has epilepsy that is slowly turning his midbrain into scar tissue making him more prone to having medication resistant seizures, surgery could destroy his limbic system and memory, aspects that make us human and I want to learn as much as possible to help him.

link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

And now kobe Bryant is dead? TF man..

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppositeoftruth

Yea, just heard that. WTF. Sad. Were any of his daughters onboard that helo? Apparently his wife was not.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

I'm very sorry for your son.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

That's awesome, thanks for your service, medical and military.

And you're correct, I've encountered many people with lots of acronyms behind their name, with very little intelligence. We're glad to have you. I have a 3yo daughter, she's healthy, but I couldn't imagine a better motivation for trying to help her and everyone else.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Yeah I'm not a big Lakers fan or anything, but it's just crazy. 2020 has already been a hell of a year.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Ive been following this link and they update "as it happens" it seems... but their totals are a little different than others for China, but for International, pretty accurate. They already show 5 for USA.

bnonews.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

Yep. US - 5 total 2019-nCov confirmed cases: 2 in California, 1 in Arizona (Maricopa county), 1 in Washington state, 1 in Illinois. Notes from CDC teleconference.

Here's a twitter Virus tracking account. They been on twitter since Jan 2009.

FluTrackers

They also have a FluTrackers Forum board

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
a reply to: texasgirl

Ive been following this link and they update "as it happens" it seems... but their totals are a little different than others for China, but for International, pretty accurate. They already show 5 for USA.

bnonews.com...

Thank you!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
AZ case is in Phoenix and it’s an overseas Chinese student studying at ASU.

And I ate at a Chinese restaurant last night for Spring Festival filled with people who were about 50% Chinese.

Shiznit.

I work close to ASU and ride a bus home with those students.

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join