It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Liquesence

If it mutates rapidly, there is always a chance it gets less lethal.

And also a chance of the opposite.

Too many unknowns, at this point.

“We don’t know how infectious it is, we don’t know how severe it is, and we don’t know how it’s spreading,” said Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

WSJ

This is the part I don’t agree with.. We have close if not more than FIFTY MILLION people quarantined. I think they do know.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The great firewall of China Im amazed at how they can stop virtually everything getting to the web,the only thing I can verify today is that official Chinese figures show a 50 per cent increase in one day and also why the hell is the WHO dragging its feet.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
"This is big for world economy: Suzhou, a big manufacturing hub, is first major Chinese city to prolong current holiday. Businesses will not resume until Feb 8th at earliest. So we could be headed for two full weeks (at least) of China economy in low gear."
twitter.com...

Suzhou pop. ~11 million. Probably the longest vacation some have ever had. Wonder how that Trump trade deal is working out now.? Alot of of big semi-conductor corporations have Mfg plants in China.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

So you may have answered this previously, but I was wondering what your credentials are.

I ask with the utmost respect. You seem incredibly knowledgeable and experienced. I really do appreciate having someone like yourself on the forums. This is scary stuff and we all want to protect our families, and I thank you for all the great insight.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
How bad does it have to get for all International travel/Shipping to be banned ? The way I see it that's the only way to to stop the spread.
edit on 1/26/2020 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

It's crazy how good they are at filtering their population. I think if this does continue and gets out of hand (more so than it already is) and China is just keeping quit, trying to save face and millions of people die due to their negligence, they should be punished in some way. International sanctions or something of that effect.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Those concerned with China disguising deaths by calling it "viral pneumonia' should know that likely, that was the cause of death. If you get the flu, followed by pneumonia, it is the pneumonia that killed you.

My ex wife passed away in her 40's from heart disease. I was blown away that was the cause of death, because she was on every psychotic med imaginable over the years, had stomach surgery, ECT, all sorts of stuff (I divorced her 10 years prior to her passing) and all those things put together turned into heart disease.

If someone has a heart attack and likely would have been saved by if the virus outbreak wasn't happening, and they died. Did they die from a heart attack or did they die because of the virus outbreak. You just never know.

Sure, China is not releasing all the numbers.

I think we can trust, at this time, the number of cases outside China, and as it stands now at 33... I think we can hold off buying the rolls of plastic and the masks, until that number starts to skyrocket. Right now, it's not. But as another poster said... the next week will tell if we dodged a bullet or if we need to prepare.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
🤷‍♂️ A student at Texas a&m was tested for the virus last week... We still don’t know if this student had the disease.. 🦗 crickets.. Those tests, and symptoms would be revealing themselves right now.. Looks like we can now confirm the information blackout is in place..

By the end of this week, we will get a good handle on how serious we take this current event. Myself, I stocked up on my water and non perishable staples just in case.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite

a reply to: Hellas

This thing can live for about 5 days on a surface like a standard coronavirus. So how long do those container ships take to go from point A to point B? How long are the goods in that container? I'd be more worried about air freight than overseas.

Ships take few weeks but there was some research on previous SARSlike virus and it could survive up to 28 days.
Someone posted the link earlier.

It could, but can this one? Not all coronaviruses are the same. We get infected by several all the time and they give us colds.

So just because one can, doesn't mean this one does.

Better safe than sorry. I wouldn't order anything from China but I know many who can't wait for their Wish package...
edit on 26-1-2020 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

link   
Not sure how valid this is but Roads in Wuhan are being blocked off with mounds of soil and debris Twitter

link   
A third person has tested positive for the coronavirus in the United States. Officials in Orange County, California, say the person traveled from Wuhan, China, on Saturday.
NBC News

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Dont worry when we're all dead the algorithms will still get the Dow to 40.000

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

I think it'll be interesting to see how Americans fare and how our health care system deals with this virus.

Given the fact that most Americans have access to better health care and are generally in better health than someone eating bat deep fried in sewage oil. And that not to be disparaging to the Chinese people. It just is what it is.

ETA if this makes it full force to our shores I really hope and pray that we can come together, across aisles and geopolitical boundaries and fight this together.
edit on 26-1-2020 by Oppositeoftruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Suspected case in Zurich, Switzerland and Israel.

Preliminary estimation of the basic reproduction number of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China, from 2019 to 2020.
R0 for the 2019_nCoV ranges from 3.30 (95%CI: 2.73-3.96) to 5.47 (95%CI: 4.16-7.10).
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory

SARS R0 was 3.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
Not sure how valid this is but Roads in Wuhan are being blocked off with mounds of soil and debris Twitter

Happened the other day.... footage and photos are being recycled by useless bloggers and twitteres who cant be arsed to check up on original dates. And ofcourse it doesnt help that it seems like new footage cant get out of Wuhan

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Wow that’s a marked increase from the prelim R0.

More scary.

Reading on WeChat that people are trying to flee via car to others areas around China and are being turned around by roadblocks. Some of the people are buying their way through.

Many of the videos on Twitter are from WeChat, they are quickly downloading them before govt censors it. I expect WeChat communication to slow as govt censors or blocks it in quarantined areas.

Some stuff is hard to believe, I’m only posting what comes up a lot and that I can strongly believe based on living in China, some Twitter stuff and applying some logic.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
According to this tweet there is now a vaccine. twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tarifa37

Ready for testing mid summer ....

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarifa37
According to this tweet there is now a vaccine. twitter.com...

Ready for trials by summer.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join