It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

If it's something that has an illness serious enough to knock people on their butts for a prolonged period and overwhelm your health care system just from that alone, then it increases the death toll. Even if it isn't something that has a sky high mortality rate like ebola does, it still runs the risk of seriously undermining your social fabric and creating chaos.

Think about it ...

Most major cities are 3 days away from running out of supplies. If enough people are knocked on their butts from illness or in hiding to avoid the same, how do you keep the lines of supply open? Social order breaks down, but not necessarily because everyone is dead. It's because they're home sick, even if many will recover or because they're afraid of getting sick.

Look at how many of us are planning to shelter in place.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying

You would think that with something as serious as this, they would forget the politics, and lay it on the line to help the rest of the world. It seems to be out of control at this point already, time to come clean.

Where is WHO? WHO's on first just standing around I guess.

Have you seen the series done recently about Chernobyl?

When it first happened no one senior at the plant would admit it had happened, it was impossible because Russian nuclear reactors were infallible.

So they told the regional party members everything was okay - anyone who said no it isn't okay were basically threatened to shut up.

The regional party elite passed it onto their superiors, them onto theirs, etc right to the top.

Every one is so frightened of admitting anything is wrong they fool themselves into believing everything is alright.

And that's where the big problem starts.

Chernobyl was so close to being a major disaster - it could have killed 10's of millions and destroyed the environment across the whole of Europe.

I think this is very much like that.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Someone said Chinese social media said they were crop dusting with disinfectants, can anyone source that? I have looked but not seeing anything

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

You would think that with something as serious as this, they would forget the politics, and lay it on the line to help the rest of the world. It seems to be out of control at this point already, time to come clean.

When it first happened no one senior at the plant would admit it had happened, it was impossible because Russian nuclear reactors were infallible.

So they told the regional party members everything was okay - anyone who said no it isn't okay were basically threatened to shut up.

The regional party elite passed it onto their superiors, them onto theirs, etc right to the top.

Every one is so frightened of admitting anything is wrong they fool themselves into believing everything is alright.

Chernobyl was so close to being a major disaster - it could have killed 10's of millions and destroyed the environment across the whole of Europe.

Yes, I did see it. Extremely well done and insightful. The USSR covered a lot of things up, especially space related accidents.

Even still, that was a bygone era, in a nation that no longer exists. You would think that when it comes to something this potentially serious, even the most closed off government would be more open.

If this is truly the case, someone needs to have their eyes put out with a hot poker. (well at least an international tribunal)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

Yes, I did see it. Extremely well done and insightful. The USSR covered a lot of things up, especially space related accidents.

Even still, that was a bygone era, in a nation that no longer exists. You would think that when it comes to something this potentially serious, even the most closed off government would be more open.

If this is truly the case, someone needs to have their eyes put out with a hot poker. (well at least an international tribunal)

To my mind the Chinese govt today are much like the Russian one back then.

Only possible worse - maybe communism from the 1950's.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Why do you assume China is more forthright? Are you familiar with the concept of saving face?

To admit they cannot handle this, that it is out of control, would be to lose face because it would be a criticism of all those who did not do what they were supposed to up to this point. It would be a failure of all China at this point.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Why do you assume China is more forthright? Are you familiar with the concept of saving face?

To admit they cannot handle this, that it is out of control, would be to lose face because it would be a criticism of all those who did not do what they were supposed to up to this point. It would be a failure of all China at this point.

I guess I could understand it more if it was to save face because of some accident. Something preventable, man made, such as a nuclear disaster like Chernobyl. This is an act of nature. Not exactly something that is anyone's fault.

Unless of course it did start from something at one of the research facilities... Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You have to hear this guy...... turn on captions.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

They've been telling everyone since it started that it was under control.

Man-made or not, it is now clearly *not* under control, but they said it was. To now say that it is not is a major loss of face. It basically shows they cannot control their own place. That's bad if you are just culturally Chinese and twice as bad if you're a repressive Communist ... and culturally Chinese.

This is now a power struggle for them.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
And now these rumours..... CCP finalizing statement that explains how ncov comes from their BSL-4 lab..... blame put on human error....

gnews.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itiswhatitis1979
Someone said Chinese social media said they were crop dusting with disinfectants, can anyone source that? I have looked but not seeing anything

I've heard that as well..

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
Welp, I ran the whole scenario twice and it seems that we don’t have much of a chance left. 👇

Meanwhile, Doomsday prepper sales on Amazon have increased 1000%.

Didn't the doomsday clock get closer to midnight just recently too? 🤔

Yea, I posted it a few days ago or maybe it was another thread.

The End Is Nigh: Doomsday Clock Reaches 100 Seconds To Midnight.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm starting to hear that they are keeping the number of deaths and confirmed cases low by diagnosing patients with other illnesses even though its clear they have the coronavirus.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: slapjacks
Dont we import Pork and Chicken from China?

Many of your dog's rawhide and chewy snacks are made with chicken from China. Vets often advise against them.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: flice How legitimate is this source?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If anyone is still keeping up with stats, here's the latest:

1734 cases, 54 deaths.
30 confirmed cases outside of China. (not including Canada, yet)

With China's population density and spread the case load is probably more like 17,000 or more or far more. Who knows.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow
If anyone is still keeping up with stats, here's the latest:

1734 cases, 54 deaths.
30 confirmed cases outside of China. (not including Canada, yet)

With China's population density and spread the case load is probably more like 17,000 or more or far more. Who knows.

thanks,
This is the info we need to keep posting.

I've just seen this update:

#WuhanCoronavirus 1823 Confirmed Cases, 55 Deaths. #Canada added to list.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
Just curious, where are you tracking your numbers from? The chart I'm using seems to be quite outdated, still showing only 42 confirmed deaths and 1438 cases.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Hey folks, my friend is in the hospital in Hong Kong. Are the Hong Kong hospitals now blocking "What's App"? I'm not able to chat now with him. Can any of you here also follow up on this.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join