It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 268
<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SaddledMummy

No! 362 dead out of 17,486.
The current mortality rate is about 2.07%

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yes they do. One of the German cases is the son of one of the workers and a 10-year-old Chinese boy was one of the first known asymptomatic carriers.

That being said, we aren't hearing about critical pediatric cases, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow
362 dead
408 recovered
17,486 confirmed cases

Cant keep saying 2%
Its assuming all 17,486 are going to recover
This argument is ridiculous
Wait till it's over to get mortality rate
As of right now assuming all cases go down the same route it's around the 40% mark

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
We should start seeing a bloom in cases now that we're at the 2 week mark for first non Chinese cases appearing. If we don't see that outside China then we are missing something about what vector spreads it best. One possibility, considering the finding of the virus in fecal matter, is that China is more susceptible to rapid spread due to poor sanitation and hygiene. If that is the case, the US, Canada, Japan, and Western Europe will fare well. India, Africa, the Mideast, and Asia ex Japan not so much.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Starting to hit the news now, CDC preparing for a pandemic.

Cautious or not they know more than what they are saying.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

You do understand that the Chinese are short of test kits, so only the worst cases are being diagnosed for the most part, especially in the the worst affected areas. That will skew your numbers.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying
Yup, still agree with you! I guess the ones flying into panic are the ones who didn't prepare for anything.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
Starting to hit the news now, CDC preparing for a pandemic.

Cautious or not they know more than what they are saying.

Source?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hello. That's why I said current; nobody knows for sure yet. Those are the official numbers we have to work with.

2019nCoV coronavirus may kill ~ 2% (Nobody knows yet)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That’s a misread of the statistics. You need get the average days it take from onset to death. Divide the deaths by the number of cases from several days ago (whatever the actual latency is).

Your math will work once there are no more cases. This is a dynamic situation.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Yes I completely understand that I'm going off official numbers as that's all we have, iv seen this constant argument on here all day and thought I'd chime in with common sense

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Common sense? I am sorry, but it looked panic to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Wondering how we know the true numbers, there is a lock down of 55 million people only 180,000 tested.

How many people are locked in their apartments suffering /recovering or dying from 1. the Virus or 2. lack of care.
Feel like there is a Schrödinger's cat situation were everyone in their box is being assumed to be ok and only when getting out do they count.

Other things I ponder are
Reports of having virus to showing symptoms appear to be 10 days - but how long from showing symptoms to recovery or worse death?

If the virus like other virus can survive outside the human body - how long before it dies or does it just go dormant?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: new_here

I dont think shanghai is affected

Who knows , it will probably take an extra month

hopefully the stuff is sitting in a chinese owned warehouse in Europe and isnt coming from shanghai

It is now. Also, it has 203 Confirmed cases, but only 1 death
Shutdowns
Cases: 2019 nCov
edit on 2/3/2020 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Quarantines mean something when dipsnip western governments are violating them to fly planes of death from the quarantine zone into the native countries? LOL, get real.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

That is the question isn't it? Most of the issue at present is the closed nature of the CCP. We have no idea what's actually going on, so we're all making sh!t up as we go. Human nature is to panic especially when faced with the things social media shows us, but we have no solid context for any of it. Most of it can't be solidly verified one way or the other.

We won't know until we see it for ourselves and by then it may be too late ... or not.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
a reply to: ketsuko
Yes I completely understand that I'm going off official numbers as that's all we have, iv seen this constant argument on here all day and thought I'd chime in with common sense

It is the opposite of common sense to trust a single statistic published by the Chinese Communist Party.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
362 dead
408 recovered
17,486 confirmed cases

Cant keep saying 2%
Its assuming all 17,486 are going to recover
This argument is ridiculous
Wait till it's over to get mortality rate
As of right now assuming all cases go down the same route it's around the 40% mark

Ok - just to clarify, it won't end up being 40%, so throwing those #s our there means nothing. The most accurate guesstimate so far was around 6.5% or so, it will probably end up being around there, I think (based on a paper by a respected medical group).

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

Reading reports from a CDC telebriefing this morning, scant official sources at the moment. Zerohedge reporting it and some other financial sites are saying market took a hit due to telebriefing. At work.
edit on 3-2-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
I dont trust the numbers but right now that's all we have.

top topics

<< 265  266  267    269  270  271 >>

join