It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 266
<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Couple questions--

If the first reported cases in China were the beginning of December and being so highly contagious why did it take till the middle-end of January to blow up? I would have thought it would have become more uncontrollable sooner.

Also does anyone have a chart with the r naught for just the US or other countries? Just kind of curious.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
17489 Cases
362 Dead
530 Confirmed recoveries

That's just about 2% mortality rate

To give you another way to think about this:

We all know that China has a firewall preventing Chinese people from accessing the outside internet, and everything posted onlne there is heavily censored.

When the official death toll was c.300 we'd all already seen videos smuggled out that showed at least 30 dead people - 11+ in hospitals, already in body bags most of them, people in the street covered with sheets, people dead in the street with people in hazmat suits collecting them.

What do you think the chances are that in such a restrictive country, 10% of all of the people who have died just happened to be caught on camera by people who had the wherewithall, the gumption, the bollocks, and the technical knowhow to post those vids for the wider world to see?

It's just not credible, the 30 dead people probably represent a tenth of 1% of the true number - if not even less than that.

And if there's 30 dead people from 2 hospitals in 2 5 minute clips on 2 different days, plus various others on the street - how many more than that have died at home and haven't been caught on camera?

The Chinese did diddly squat for SARS, MERS< etc - for this "minor flu" they've shut down cities, cancelled the new year celebrations, started bilding new hospitals, etc, etc, etc.

It's blindingly obvious that this is WAY worse than you could imagine in your worst nightmares.
edit on -06:0020201America/ChicagoMon, 03 Feb 2020 08:56:38 -0600_rdAmerica/Chicago0256 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Why lots of people keep saying *wait till next week*, when they said the same last week too...?
With a single case out of China dead, and the ones here in Europe doing almost pretty well are we really facing a pandemia out of China?

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

What if they are correct? They’re just delayed 2-3 weeks from actually numbers? Or even worse, they’re doctored numbers from a few weeks ago?

Dr. Albert Ko, Yale School of Public Health seems to think so, this guys great, awesome studies and one of the best in the field.

The world is slowly waking up to the pandemic potential of this virus. Controlled release of information was another prediction in the Event 201 scenario to reduce the impact of panic and a run on resources. Even with a low mortality pandemic or epidemic, the healthcare and supply chain systems can be overwhelmed.

I can’t believe I missed that email, it was 5 days ago but he’s a subject matter expert of the field.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
17489 Cases
362 Dead
530 Confirmed recoveries

That's just about 2% mortality rate

Your logic is false. This kind of logic gives the wrong assumption, for example recovering rate is then only 3,3%.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Since watching this thread since it started I have come to accept that I will very likely get infected at some stage. It may take 2 to 3 months before it reaches here, might even take a year or two but I doubt it will take that long.

It is the Asymptotic transfer and long incubation of this virus that will beat all but the most strict and well defended quarantine measures. For now we are limiting flights from China, but the virus is spreading everywhere. How long will it take before we have to limit flights from everywhere? 7 days? a month? Then what happens as we shut down all global air travel? Will it really make any difference to the infection rates once the decision is made to do this as everywhere already has some level of infection?

Martial law looks to be on the rise as the fear take hold in China, I am starting to see this as more of a threat than the virus as industry and trade starts to break down. Yeah we are in for a recession.

Trying to track, limit and isolate the disease is good, reasonable and prudent to do. But where is point that we realize that we just have to live with it? Well those that survive through it do. The actual fatality rate from the wuflu is still a bit hazy, anywhere from 2-20%. What kind of fatality rate can we expect when a city breaks down? How long can a place like Hong Kong survive under quarantine when most of its essential resources come from out of state?

This virus is a killer, some of the media is still asleep and down playing it. When people do start to wake up to it, shock and fear are some standard reactions. Wuhan is a couple of months ahead of the curve that the rest of the world is looking at.

I have been hit hard by the flu a couple of times, not looking forward to it. Getting hit by the fear of my fellow man worries me more at this time.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SaddledMummy

...and real calculation: 362 dead, 530 recovered means, 362+530=892. Mortality rate is 40,5%.
edit on 3-2-2020 by SaddledMummy because: right calculations

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

10000 have died of the flu in the USA last year this thing has killed what 400,but this thread is interesting because what is going on in China does not pass the pub test.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Isn't this special ......

China accuses US of spreading ‘panic’ over coronavirus outbreak

Meanwhile, the World Health Organization said Monday it was working around the clock with internet and social media giants to fight widespread misinformation about the outbreak.
WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus warned of the dangers posed by “the spread of rumors and misinformation,” according to Agence France-Presse.

“We have worked with Google to make sure people searching for information about coronavirus see WHO information at the top of their search results,” Ghebreyesus said in opening remarks to the UN health agency’s executive board meeting in Geneva.

“Social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Tencent and Tiktok have also taken steps to limit the spread of misinformation,” he said.

The WHO chief’s comments were interrupted by a fit of coughing, but he assured the assembly that there was no need to worry.

“It is not corona,” he said.

So much for that loving feeling

Will China Invade Taiwan Before the Communist Party Approaches its 100th Anniversary? January 25, 2020

I'd say there has been a slight Delay to plans .... perhaps ....

The world's most powerful countries are moving around Taiwan shortly, and it looks as though Xi has decided to annex Taiwan when the CCP will approach its 100th anniversary in 2021 and the Taiwan Strait is becoming more combustible than ever as Taiwan is becoming the most likely flashpoint of World War III.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
wuflu.live... a nice website for those who would like to keep up to date with the stats.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

this thing has killed what 400

You have not been watching this thread too closely if that is what you believe. Previous to this virus the crematoriums where open about 4 hours a day to process roughly 200 bodies a day on average. Now they are running 24 hours a day.

Have you seen how the regime in China has been cracking down on people that talk about it? Have you heard about the difficulties in testing it?

China dropped the ball bad in letting this virus grow to the scale it has. Now they are busy saving face and pretending it ain't that bad. Time will tell what the actual numbers are. For now the official numbers are whatever the officials decide they are.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

Standard CCP doctrine, everyone is dumb barbarians and we are cultured smart calm harmonious society.

I would not put it past them to once they knew it was a bio weapon release to have allowed it to spread across the globe and restricted information intentionally. At least as far as CCP leadership goes.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Propagation timeline datastudio.google.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: loam
A week from now, I predict we won't like what we see.

Isn't that what you were saying last week?

Well, if it WAS what he was saying, he was right. I DEFINITELY don't like what I'm seeing right now, as of Monday morning February 3rd, 2020.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Pakistan have resumed flights to and from China.

Reuters

Rev

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Big one: Origin story of China epidemic falls apart completely

The story

Yeeh just repeat the narrative....

And btw, virus in body dont necessarily mean it causes symptoms....some virus are in dormant or latent state causing no symtoms. It is when the virus get activated when it can start causing synptoms

Epstein-Barr Virus

There can be several things that can activate virus.

CCP is a virus

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I agree. Does anyone remember a day when the government of any country said that you cannot bury your dead (if they died from the flu), they must be cremated?

Also as stated earlier, there's a Biolab 4km from Wuhan that had "leaks" in the past. Where do you think the workers of that bio facility shopped for their food? The marketplace possibly?

Also, there's evidence that this is not a "normal" virus.That there's a "moderately strong confirmation of laboratory origin" see link below.

jameslyonsweiler.com...

John Hopkins Hospital Blog: systems.jhu.edu...

And also, since it's based on the "cold" virus, there's no cure and it can keep reinfecting.

a reply to: Power_Semi

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Personally I think you need to calm down a bit. Self fulfilling prophecy is real # so if you think you'll get it you'll get it.
I don't think you'll get it and I don't think you need to spend your time worrying about it. We don't have any real control over this bull# anyway and neither do they, they only tell us they do. But no sense in getting all worked up, life goes on and we have to live it. I work in Boston and the first case was reported here over the weekend so I'm not super happy about that, but I still have to come to work everyday.

Worst case this keeps spreading, people get sicker and sicker, the death toll rises, economy starts to go south, martial law, resources start to get lean, violence breaks out, people are in survival mode. I swear I've seen end of world movies just like that. Even if that all goes down what can you do about it? What can anyone do about it?

I say just be as prepared as you can, be diligent, wash your hands, take your vitamin C and live on dude.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I didn't realize the lockdown in China was this extensive. 61 million people!
Cities locked down in Hubei due to novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) | 03FEB20 @13:22
Source

]Primary Source - Wikipedia

edit on 3-2-2020 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

extra DIV

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArcAngel

And also, since it's based on the "cold" virus, there's no cure and it can keep reinfecting.

Thai doctors claim to have a fix for it....

Treating patients with HIV meds and Flu meds, equals fix in 48 hours.

top topics

<< 263  264  265    267  268  269 >>

join