It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 254
<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
From Coronavirus to the Hong Kong Protests: How China’s Leaders Manipulate News Globally -- American Thought Leaders.
"Just how is Chinese communist disinformation playing into coverage of the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak?

How has the Chinese regime been ramping up its efforts to spread propaganda and shape news content globally, including in the US?

And, what methods does Beijing use to systematically suppress dissenting voices and critical coverage?"

"In this episode, we'll sit down with Sarah Cook, a senior research analyst at Freedom House who specializes in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. She is the director of the China Media Bulletin and author of the new Freedom House report."

Beijing's Global Megaphone: The Expansion of Chinese Communist Party Media Influence since 2017 - Report

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   
www.marketwatch.com...

BEIJING — China’s central bank announced plans Sunday to inject 1.2 trillion yuan ($173 billion) into the economy to cushion the shock to financial markets from the outbreak of a new virus when trading resumes on Monday after a prolonged Lunar New Year holiday.

They can slow it down, but they can't stop it.

Mainland China’s main share benchmark, the Shanghai Composite index SHCOMP, sank 2.8% to 2,976.53 on Jan. 23, its last day of trading before the Lunar New Year.

Brace for Shanghai Composite crash in 138 minutes.
SSE trading opens at 9:30 local time.
edit on 2-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

I think at-least 50% of the city is infected.

11 million people

lets assume 2 million got out

that's 9 million

so 4.5 million could have it.

This was a pandemic a week ago... our governments failed us.. they ignored the signs and allowed 1000's of passengers to fly in daily for over a week

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's 7:30 am now in Hong Kong. Wonder how crowed the hospitals will be this morning there.
At about 8:20 this morning we'll be getting the latest on what is happening here at the Ministry of Health in Tokyo
I'll post later and report.
Yesterday we went shopping, although no signs of panic was shown, people did seem to be buying more at the grocery stores.
If panic sets in on the subways here in Tokyo, unemployment will sky rocket in about 8 hours. Already firms are seeing a reduction of speed at work since the uncertainty of parts from China may be delayed. Economy crashing? Maybe not so much for farmers and fisherman type of industries unless we get a gasoline shortage which would affect the kerosene shortage which will then affect most of the older homes that only heat with kerosene. Let's hope this all doesn't come our way.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Absolutely terrifying if this is indeed the case.

Suddenly extreme quarantine measures we have been seeing China take in the last few weeks seem more appropriate, than it being 360 dead and 11k infected.
edit on 2-2-2020 by Ch1m3ra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

*BOOM* … well, and rightly said. You can drop the microphone after saying that. Ugly ugly ugly stuff.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ch1m3ra

17,000 confirmed cases

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

They banned short selling

I think they shut down the market if it drops 7% in a day

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

The newest situation report is in from the WHO.

First time I have seen this listed in any of the other 12 reports: "Due to the high demand for timely and trustworthy information about 2019-nCoV WHO technical risk communication and social media teams have been working closely to track and respond to myths and rumours.

SOURCE

edit on 2-2-2020 by TruthJava because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I think you are right, the markets could close after the 'circuit breaker' of maximum tolerated daily loss is tripped, every day, until there is finally a bank holiday.

This event could be VERY deflationary. Indebted companies and governments that owe payments on their debts will lose revenue. How much? Enough that they go bankrupt? Is it time for a debt jubilee? (((finally?))) Or, will they take all property to compensate for debt?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Oh this is going to massively impact the market next quarters earnings reports will be very profitable for me

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Wow! This is hard hitting. Record low for the year.
In New York on Friday, worries about the impact the outbreaks will have on the global economy sent the Dow Jones Industrial Average plunging to a record low for the year, losing at least 600 points from the previous day.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Meh that's nothing if it sheds 5,000 points I'll be impressed just wait until the supply chain starts feeling the impact of China not going to work

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

You are right.

I was lowballing and just used the Hubei province numbers.

link   
miamioh.edu...

Announcement in 6 mins..fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
So 21,000 cases now

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Necrose

They banned short selling

I think they shut down the market if it drops 7% in a day

Yeah, as I'm saying they are doing everything to slow it down, they can't stop it though.
7% results in a 15-minute break in the West, so I guess it could be the same for SSE but not sure about the rules there.
next "circuit breaker" is 13% drop, also results in halting the market for a while. Trading suspended completely when it drops 20%+ in a day.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
So 21,000 cases now

no, 17,339

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
NEW: China's National Health Committee reports 593 new cases of coronavirus, adding to the 2,100 reported 2 hours ago.

There are currently 17,386 confirmed cases worldwide, including 362 fatalities.
Suspected cases: 21,558 up from 19,544 yesterday.

bnonews.com...

edit on 2-2-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Its LIVE GUYS

new topics

top topics

<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join