It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I bet if the US influenza virus was killing 2+ % of infected, like the Spanish Flu did, (and like this new coronavirus is purportedly doing), then we would definitely be quarantining major cities.

Lets watch what happens during the next 1-3 weeks. Quarantines in the US could happen yet. I hope not, but wouldn't rule it out.

edit on 25-1-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: adjusted the number of weeks before potential quaranteen in the US. Expect schools to close before quaranteens happen in some areas first.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

THE Chinese government is now spraying disinfectant, from the air, over 15 quarantined cities.
This indicates we're looking at something completely unprecedented.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Some good nuggets in this thread...

"also, young virus enthusiasts: please continuously interrogate your feelings. people are dying. this is going to be economically catastrophic for Wuhan in ways that will devastate already-vulnerable people. it’s bad. it’s not the end of the world, though. keep perspective."

"A scientist at Johns Hopkins last year modeled what would happen if a deadly coronavirus reached a pandemic scale.

His simulated scenario predicted that 65 million people could die within 18 months."
twitter.com...

Don't know about his simulation but, Pneumonia epidemic caused by a novel coronavirus of which pneumonia affects approximately 450 million people globally and results in about four million deaths per year.
Sourced from 2019–20 outbreak of novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Seems nearly confirmed that this came out of a lab, two such labs in Wuhan. The more advanced lab, the Wuhan Institute of Virology, is the only lab in China capable of studying such a virus, and its right at the epicenter of the outbreak. A former Israeli military intelligence officer said the lab is linked to biological warfare research.[1]

The lab researched bat corona virus. "Wuhan's new pneumonia virus is identical to Bat SARS-like coronavirus w.r.t envelope protein, based on NCBI's BLAST. So the bat virus must have undergone genetic alteration. As it is almost impossible for envelope protein to remain intact after natural mutation, the only explanation left is artificial DNA modification, possibly by the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which since 2007 has collected samples from thousands of bats across the country and done genetic experiments with them.[2]

And it seems like this is a bigger deal than the media is saying.[3]

[1]washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/24/vir us-hit-wuhan-has-two-laboratories-linked-chines/
[2]facebook.com/hongkongbilingualnews/posts/879889799115452
[3]imgur.com/a/m91RAOz
edit on 1/25/2020 by revswim because: Reposted to combat forum sliding.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: revswim

It is no where near confirmed. You are confusing correlation with causality.

And facebook posts are not evidence.

edit on 25-1-2020 by blackrabbit1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Really, really bad handling of the situation on the Chinese part.
It's so obvious they weren't prepared for this.
WTH is WHO thinking, are they going to step in?
This is madness..

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
And where the heck do they plan to do with this US citizens once they are brought back here?
Have them live on an abandoned military base for a month??????
www.foxnews.com...

Officials are also said to be taking extreme caution when evacuating, as to prevent the virus from spreading.

Medical personal will be aboard the flight to check if anyone has been infected and to care for and prevent its spread if so, according to the report.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Slab City, California. 😮😳

or Crystal Peak. Wait.. No, that's my hideout. 😎

Hopefully, in an isolation chamber.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
a reply to: SimpleIdea

I've seen those videos on twitter, along with people eating live baby mice and frogs. There's also a video of a monkey head in soup. That's their culture but I just can't wrap my head around it. It seems the chinese will eat anything!

An actual Chinese person said if space aliens landed in China they'd probably eat them too. They eat literally anything that moves because they need to.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Read the sources, the facebook post that you immediately dismiss links to the freaking DNA sequence, you can compare how they are exactly the same. The evidence they are citing about the protein wall is from the number one bat expert in china quoted from the NIH official government website. Fix your algorithm. I know its hard to think for yourself sometimes but that doesnt mean you should turn into an AI.

"This fallacy entails declaring that an argument or statement is wrong or flawed simply because of who it came from, or by casting unfounded aspersions upon the person who made the statement or argument, rather than addressing the validity of the statement or argument itself."

Dismiss it on its merit or lack thereof. If I scrawl the laws of thermodynamics on a bathroom wall, should the laws be dismissed because nothing important is ever written on the bathroom wall? You need to focus on what they are saying, if its true or false, instead of who said it or where it was posted.

What this comes down to is if this is actually bat corona virus, and how it was able to mutate so it can spread from human to human without changing the protein wall. If you have any information about this, I'm happy to hear it.
edit on 1/25/2020 by revswim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Here is a link to a map of the real time Coronavirus spread.

Coronavirus real time

At the moment as I write this post the following stats are from that website:

Total confirmed cases: 1438
Total deaths: 42
Total recovered: 39

It's good news people can recover from this virus.
edit on 25-1-2020 by lostinspace because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just Landed...

flight from wuhan about to land at sfo. Seems sane. #coronavirus

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: revswim

Denying ignorance works both ways. This is a conspiracy site but real facts are important when people are dying.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

San Francisco?? How appropriate. What could go wrong.?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

San Francisco?? How appropriate. What could go wrong.?

Sanctuary City...so, no problemo.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
According to Google the flight was cancelled. pasteboard.co...

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
update here from Chicago. Per my previous post: friends husband is planned to be released this evening after suffering "severe" complications from pneumonia..

side note; has there been any indication on how this virus reacts to weather?

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deviant300
According to Google the flight was cancelled. pasteboard.co...

Good call.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
@PDChina
People's Daily, China

Wuhan announced to build another hospital with a capacity of 1,300 beds for #nCoV2019 patients in the next 15 days. The hospital will be named as Leishenshan Hospital.
twitter.com...

I think "Leishenshan" translates to "Thunder mountain."

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
First Corona Virus CURE?

twitter.com...

Looks like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join