It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 248
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Odd random thought some quick google shows an average adult can walk 12-20 miles in a day, might pay for folks to see what kind of distance they are from a major population center.

its easy to focus on the mass transit but if people think a lockdown is coming (Wuhan) they may just pack a bag and walk, and since it takes time before this virus really debilitates you that person you see walking down the road could be a problem IF it really spins up and Captain Tripps pays us a visit.

ETA: just watched the Dr Cotrell video.
edit on 2-2-2020 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Even drilling down further ... how serious is this in people not from China or other Asian countries with serious air quality and environmental damage?

So far, we only have serious trouble in those from countries with poor environmental conditions where they've lived in those conditions all their lives. So is this infection the cause or the trigger? Is it like cancer clusters in areas where something is literally in the water?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: tanstaafl

Even drilling down further ... how serious is this in people not from China or other Asian countries with serious air quality and environmental damage?

So far, we only have serious trouble in those from countries with poor environmental conditions where they've lived in those conditions all their lives. So is this infection the cause or the trigger? Is it like cancer clusters in areas where something is literally in the water?

Remember China has been infected since the end 2019, there is allot of lag, outside of China.

Something is going on in China thou, for me it’s the missing puzzle piece.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Exactly something is going on in China and it is being covered up.

IF anybody has ANY plausible other reasons for the quarantining of entire cities and complete lock down I'd love to hear them..

This is unprecedented in modern times to my knowledge - the borders closed and the level of quarantine.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

That’s what I am focusing on. Unfortunately we have a novel virus infecting a communist country, truth and facts are hard to come by. Chernobyl, all over again.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I didn't say there wasn't something going on in China. I also didn't say they weren't having a serious problem over there.

I'm saying is there an added dimension aiding and abetting this disease that makes it worse for the Chinese that we don't see in other areas? And is that why they have this massive problem we aren't seeing in other people in other countries who have been infected.

For a disease that is making people die in the streets in China, it has been remarkably well behaved in Germany. People there have barely even noticed they've been sick, but ... Germany has a much healthier environment to grow up and live in too.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: angelchemuel

a reply to: tarifa37

Someone up thread was saying they commonly use those for construction site offices and similar in China and the bars come standard because they are an anti-theft measure. So if they're knocking together pre-fabs out of what they have, the bars would be there.

Good point...let's hope you are right....but I doubt it somehow given they are on the inside windows as well

Rainbows
Jane

The bars are on the windows because they are prefab buildings, and are used to help strengthen the walls/frame/windows when being moved.

I have to disagree.

Generally when you want to strengthen a hole or square pattern the best way to run supports is in an X pattern. This gives more strength in not allowing the structure to buckle or twist. Besides the window frame alone is usually designed to add strength to the wall where the window is located. This is why you do not see prefabed modular homes moving down the interstate with bars on the windows. They are not needed for support. Also they seem to be placed on the outside of the structure. Not inside the frame where more support would be allowed.

The vertical bars shown in the picture are even and semetrical and seem to be placed for another reason than what you stated.

When one of our contractors has a job trailer and are in a high crime area, such as East St louis. the job trailers tend to have bars on the windows.

Just my opinion on the matter being in the construction field.
edit on 2-2-2020 by liejunkie01 because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have been following this thread for the past week. I've read a lot of it, but not all. I don't know if the following analysis has been posted:

Logistical and technical analysis of the origins of the Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

"This report is the product of a collaboration between a retired professional scientist with 30 years of experience in genomic sequencing and analysis who helped design several ubiquitous bioinformatic software tools, and a former NSA counterterrorism analyst. It considers whether the Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is a naturally emergent mutation against the possibility that it may be a bio-engineered strain meant for defensive immunotherapy protocols that was released into the public, most likely by accident..."
Source

edit on 2-2-2020 by 1questioner because: more info

edit on 2-2-2020 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   
As far as the bars, I seem to remember reading that the first group the US evacuated all agreed to be in quarantine and they still had someone try to get out, so if you are putting something up to potentially treat/quarantine people on an involuntary basis it makes sense to build in security measures from the start.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think, most of those deaths are the elderly. The health care for the few infected seeds in other countries are indeed better at this time, because one infected case and thousands of doctors available to help vs in China where thousands infected not enough doctors. I suppose pollution plays a factor, just like if you smoke etc. definitely something is not adding up in China. Or it just maybe China, is so far in the epidemic.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: TruthJava

originally posted by: angelchemuel

a reply to: tarifa37

Someone up thread was saying they commonly use those for construction site offices and similar in China and the bars come standard because they are an anti-theft measure. So if they're knocking together pre-fabs out of what they have, the bars would be there.

Good point...let's hope you are right....but I doubt it somehow given they are on the inside windows as well

Rainbows
Jane

The bars are on the windows because they are prefab buildings, and are used to help strengthen the walls/frame/windows when being moved.

I have to disagree.

Generally when you want to strengthen a hole or square pattern the best way to run supports is in an X pattern. This gives more strength in not allowing the structure to buckle or twist. Besides the window frame alone is usually designed to add strength to the wall where the window is located. This is why you do not see prefabed modular homes moving down the interstate with bars on the windows. They are not needed for support. Also they seem to be placed on the outside of the structure. Not inside the frame where more support would be allowed.

The vertical bars shown in the picture are even and semetrical and seem to be placed for another reason than what you stated.

When one of our contractors has a job trailer and are in a high crime area, such as East St louis. the job trailers tend to have bars on the windows.

Just my opinion on the matter being in the city sruction field

Architect here, those bars are indeed NOT for structural integrity, exactly as you say.

In such a pre-fab module, you wouldn't need anything like that, you can make entire buildings by only putting a steel beam of 20x20cm every 8 meters without much trouble, and no diagonal additional beams to sustain the deformation (that is only in certain metallic structures that need to cover a long distance or to have multiple floors sustained with the same element, with the floor being added later, or when the distance ceiling-floor is too high, more than 6m at least).

Those modules are perfectly fine by being sustained by one beam per corner with absolutely nothing else, and surely not beams in the window and only the window. The walls themselves carry almost no weight, even if it sounds counterproductive at first; the corners' beams are the ones doing all the work, which, in this case (prefab cubicles with only one level, so they are only sustaining the thin roof), is more than enough.

Those bars are to keep patients from breaking out, which sounds crazy, but there are already videos of Chinese people doing exactly that.

And as far as I can tell, NO, they were not made for prisons. To begin with, you wouldn't put drywall for one and you have to rethink even the height the window is at, prisons are quite entirely different than most buildings, everything is designed to keep people organized, compartmentalized, an controlled. Small details such as the toilet and the windows have to be designed with a prison in mind, and I can't see anything here pointing to that.

Hell, they are not even using concrete, I can't think of any prison, even if temporary, that wouldn't use concrete, it is the steel's main defense against fire, one of the main risks in a prison.
edit on 2-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SimpleIdea

originally posted by: Jubilation T Cornpone

originally posted by: ahamarlin
youtu.be...

Doc Cottrell is telling it as it is.
Manhattan area in New York: attention!

Stay safe.

This is borderline criminal negligence by DiBlasio ...Why the lies, Mayor? -- The 9 minute mark is especially eye opening for those of us who have been following this for weeks. The sickeningly flippant ignorance of these people "in charge" will be the death of us all. Do they think we're stupid? Do not believe their words, Folks. They are belied by their actions.

You don't have to know everything to be in charge. But you should be able to get good advisors and knowledgeable people about the subject in question to accurately inform you and help you make good decisions. A poor leader has poor judgement, and listens to fools.

And you can be misinformed or misunderstand something and make a statement that is wrong and not be lying, it is just a wrong statement. In the video the Doctor both called the mayor a liar, and then accused him of being ignorant of the facts. I highly doubt he was both. And it was probably the latter. He is probably not fully aware of all the facts. Which is understandable. Who is fully aware of all the facts right now?

From what I've seen, the virus is contagious, even with brief contact (the case of a foreigner passing through the Wuhan airport for only an hour on the way to his final destination, I think it was Japan, and caught the disease comes to mind), and can survive and pass on to others by surface contact.

He had a doctor standing right next to him and delivering a companion statement. No doubt she was at least one of his advisors leading into the appearance ...If those are the doctors that NYC has in charge of heading this thing off then Dr. Cottrell is right. NYC is f'ed and it's already too late for them. Just extremely poor leadership by the mayor and, again, an almost criminal misrepresentation of the facts that we DO know at this time.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I stated earlier the bars are anti theft and common in China especially on prefab shipping containers for living or used as offices and what not.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
In China, law enforcement officials are warning for internet sharing #wuhanvirus #coronavirus #china

This short 1 min video shows officials questioning someone over their social media posts. They ask them to delete a post and make a redaction otherwise they will investigate further.

In some ways China did get better in providing a public apology to the taxi drivers arrested for talking about the disease when it first broke out. The censorship regime does look to be well entrenched with a strong campaign to silence any fear about what is going on.

It is clear that the official death toll is bullocks with the videos and reports that are making their way out. It is like the CCP regime does know just how dangerous this is. The CCP does have a reputation of throwing a few million dead people in a memory hole.

What is concerning at this time is the small increases in the numbers of people recovered. I expect China will not want to cover up this number and will try to inflate it as much as they can.

This does not make any sense...why would they record themselves telling the public to censor themselves....?

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Common for police video to be leaked by insiders. Many people who are posting these have relatives in the police or govt and won’t reveal that.

Including my wife. But not much has gone down in her hometown yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

As a warning to others????

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

This is what I am talking about. Sending out the gestapo to suppress the truth.... They are hiding something...

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

From 2013
I'm sure genetic disposition could lead to vulnerability...but I am not a doctor

edit on 222020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: EndtheMadnessNow

Gotta meme for that.

Looks like a hell of a birthday party invitation! lol

Lol

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Note: The WHO report from yesterday indicates that transmission by asymptomatic carriers appears to be "rare." If that turns out to be correct, it's pretty good news, besides all the rest...

top topics

<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

join