It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Everyone is talking about it so why not.

I'm not paranoid to think it's all just a distraction.
But I also don't think it's going to spread like the black death or anything.

I'm confidant enough in modern medicine to not worry...yet.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Some data they have nCoV-2019 victims . Age is reported .

docs.google.com...=0

virological.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This is not a cheap shot or joke.
But the Antiviral Drug Valtrex might might be a good start of medicinal cocktail. We prescribed it to Hantavirus patients.

Edit: sorry OP, I didn't take my advice and report the updates.
edit on 23-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Monoglia reports 1st case and 2 more suspected
3g.dxy.cn...

04:00 on January 23, the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region reported one new confirmed case of pneumonia due to new coronavirus infection and two additional suspected pneumonia cases due to new coronavirus infection.

edit on 23/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   
www.spencerfernando.com...
JANUARY 23, 2020 - Virologist Who Visited Wuhan Says Coronavirus Epidemic Situation “Out Of Control”''

As reported by the Globe & Mail, Dr. Guan – the director of the State Key Laboratory of Emerging Infections Diseases at the University of Hong Kong – explained his concerns: Dr. Guan, however, left Wuhan convinced that “the epidemic situation was out of control.”
Most viral outbreaks ”are controllable,” he said. He pointed to SARS, H5N1 and swine fever.

edit on 23/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Monoglia reports 1st case and 2 more suspected
3g.dxy.cn...

04:00 on January 23, the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region reported one new confirmed case of pneumonia due to new coronavirus infection and two additional suspected pneumonia cases due to new coronavirus infection.

Mongolia...
Has Russia stated any cases yet? I'm searching, but nothing yet.

And India?
edit on 23-1-2020 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Just something I thought of... the spanish flu wouldnt have killed as many if not for cytokine storm. Same with H1N1 and etc. Then subsequent bacterial pneumonia add to it. Not all antivirals are created equal.. nor are virus. You have to find the receptors the particular virus hits in order to develop the correct antiviral. Take tamiflu for example. Does nothing for certain influenza strains but slows replication of others.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This looks like people are starting to panic in wuhan.

Lines at wuhan hospital

Wuhan supermarket
edit on 23-1-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
For informational purposes:
this is a PDF file
Information and herbal strategies for Influenza support
Understanding the virus, its risks and complications,
and the goals of herbal therapy

It deals with herbs that may be helpful, including those that may reduce cytokine storm activity.
Worth a read.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Finally the CDC has raised the level to restrict unnecessary travel to those areas. They should have done that two weeks or more ago. They told everyone to throw away their Romaine quickly, but said they do not want to be messing with Chinese New Years celebration tourism. China is concerned about their people, evidently the CDC is more about making us believe they are actually doing things than doing them correctly.

Stock up on food, make sure you have a few weeks worth of food on hand at all times in case a pandemic comes to your town. The stores will empty quickly if there is a pandemic, and standing in line at the store increases risk of disease spreading. Coronoviruses often do not give lasting immunity if you have had them, some do, others do not. I do not know about this one. I could not find out if our immune system builds up immunity to it.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   
8:16 PM PST 1/23/2020 China closing 70,000 cinemas

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

China's 70,000 movie theaters — the most of any country in the world — are closing their curtains.
The country's leading cinema chains — including Wanda, CGV, Bona, Lumiere Pavilions, Jinyi, Dadi and others — publicly announced that they would be temporarily shutting down in response to the coronavirus epidemic that has infected hundreds and gripped the nation.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
This looks like people are starting to panic in wuhan.

Lines at wuhan hospital

Crazy.. a hospital is the LAST place Id want to be. Dont these people watch zombie movies?? Joking aside kinda sorta... I caught h1n1 FROM the hospital. Ive caught all sorts of things from the hospital and not being the patient there. I know more than your average bear about contamination, cross contamination, etc etc and I still have gotten some nasty critters. Those folks being clean but think they are exposed are walking into a viral soup. The sick ones who have one or another more mild yet totally miserable coronavirus could expose themselves to this strain/the killer. There are 6 or 7 strains... including the common cold. SARS MERS Animal strains they THINK cant be passed between species. Etc Etc. It really is a needle in a haystack scenario. They mutate, piggyback, etc.. and thats not even mentioning engineered ones. Humans and pigs are the top most easy mixing vessels for viruses. If you get into virology even in passing.. youll become a hermit on some mountain .LOL!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I cannot speak for this (Corona Virus) as I do not have all the information at the moment. What I will say... back when swine flu hit (H1N1) back during 2009 - 2010 and everyone was getting worried quite literally "Sick". Some of the pharmaceutical firms that manufactured Tamiflu vaccinations had an agreement in place that if stocks ran below certain points before expiry dates, replacement stockpiles would be provided at a fixed cost and with stocks being held by certain members of government it was quite the profit making stitch up whilst keeping costs low for the buyers. Keep an eye on AstraZeneca, they always seem to hide in plain sight and get away with things that others are caught out with.
This just looks a bit strangely similar and have watched it being extremely hyped up more than a title fight, since there were only 13 suspected cases of it... just seems too suspect.

Approximately 7.7 billion people on the planet... so far 25 have died!

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

Just waiting on the announcements with the solution then ill do the digging.

Don't get me wrong it might be something to worry about, but right now, ill stick to being more worried about a satellite hitting me square on the forehead whilst taking the trash out

Just my opinion of course based on a document I was given to read when I used to work in stage 1 Virolgy labs when swine flu was the big thing at the time.

If you are an investor, there is big money to be made if you pay attention just now

edit on 23-1-2020 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

www.newschannel5.com...

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The Tennessee Department of Health says a Tennessee Tech student is being tested for the Coronavirus.

The student had "very mild symptoms" and had a recent travel history that met the criteria to test for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), according to university officials.

Everyone who has been through China and is showing flu like symptoms will be presenting to hospitals for testing.
This doesn't mean its spreading or they're infected.

Cookeville isn't far from me. Well, nice knowing ya'll.
edit on 2312020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

During the impeachment hearing this evening Senator Mitch McConnell announced the Senate will get a briefing on the coronavirus tomorrow.

thehill.com...

Senators are set to hear from top federal health officials Friday regarding the outbreak of the new coronavirus originating in China. The administration’s briefing will be jointly hosted by the Senate Health and Foreign Relations committees, the panels said in a joint statement on Thursday.

edit on 23-1-2020 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You can add Scotland to the out brakes.
BBC news,
"At least three of the patients are believed to be Chinese nationals.
It has been confirmed that two people diagnosed with flu were
now being tested for the virus. Three others are
also being tested on a precautionary basis."

"All those being treated in Scotland have respiratory symptoms and have
been in Wuhan, thought to be the source of the outbreak, in the last 14 days."

They came from the Source and have Flu!
they need to test every one from China.
They are Making a Big thing out of this Flu.
its just Flu right? people do die from the Flu.
So Why make a big thing this Time???

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

www.newschannel5.com...

COOKEVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — The Tennessee Department of Health says a Tennessee Tech student is being tested for the Coronavirus.

The student had "very mild symptoms" and had a recent travel history that met the criteria to test for the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), according to university officials.

Everyone who has been through China and is showing flu like symptoms will be presenting to hospitals for testing.

Can I have your stuff when you die?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

www.newschannel5.com...

DIBS!!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

www.newschannel5.com...

See when you die after they die...

Can I get all of this stuff then sell it to someone else after disinfecting it all?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: XXXN3O

www.newschannel5.com...

See when you die after they die...

Can I get all of this stuff then sell it to someone else after disinfecting it all?

Double Dib!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join