It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
These would be people that had personal interaction with the infected person. The ones that she would remember. There will be more people that she would not know their names... cab drivers, bus drivers/passengers, store/bank clerks, people in restaurants.... etc.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Lancet Medical Journal with a study of 99 subjects in a Wuhan hospital;

Lancet

Some points;

Early detection is important for survivability
More men than women susceptible
49% had direct contact with suspect meat market
Clustering of cases, quickly spreads among small groups
11% mortality rate in study group
1/3 of those studied developed organ failure and complications
17% develop acute respiratory distress syndrome.

I’m still trying to digest this thing, maybe a more medically inclined member can weigh in with more laymen analysis of the details.

Also found out via a friend with means to know that 92 cases are being isolated and tested in Arizona this afternoon. Seems that lids are clamped down tight of this in US.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

someone upthread earlier this afternoon said they had been told unofficially that the uk has its first case, Ive been waiting ever since for an announcement, but nothing, Perhaps "they" are keeping the truth from us in the west too?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eccentriclady

we need to be closing points of entry in every country to and from China, period, and for some even border closings

full stop
edit on 30-1-2020 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: liejunkie01
These would be people that had personal interaction with the infected person. The ones that she would remember. There will be more people that she would not know their names... cab drivers, bus drivers/passengers, store/bank clerks, people in restaurants.... etc.

I agree, I am downstate and I am concerned because my brother lives up in Peoria which isn't too far from Chicago. People in this state seem to travel everywhere all of the time.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Organ failure/complications would mean sepsis in the blood leading to septic shock in the organs? Lids are definitely clamped down tight in the US and elsewhere. As I said yeterday, we are about halfway through our own Jan 2nd to Jan 17th period China saw during which no new victims were acknowledged and a single death was credited to the virus... I think they need time to prepare. It did not take China but a couple of days after resuming additions to the sick and dead rolls to implement quarantines and other measures, actions which can't be swiftly implemented unless you've prepared and planned the logistics out a couple of weeks in advance.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

we need to be closing points of entry in every country to and from China, period, and for some even border closings

full stop

I wish someone in charge (Japan) would read and obey your post. Its crazy here. By ferry, tour boat and airplane.
Keep in mind we have cargo ships with crews on them and yes, they get off ship and go shopping also. I live in a port city so this is real. Are they being checked for diseases? Have no idea.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

full stop

I wish someone in charge (Japan) would read and obey your post. Its crazy here. By ferry, tour boat and airplane.
Keep in mind we have cargo ships with crews on them and yes, they get off ship and go shopping also. I live in a port city so this is real. Are they being checked for diseases? Have no idea.

Same here, and one of my biggest concerns is cargo ships and merchandise, yes people getting off but, im not sure we know how long this stuff can live on the surface, when youre shipping millions of parcels off ships and planes all over the planet

well you get the idea

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

full stop

Italy quarantined a whole cruise ship.. almost 8K people,, becasue of 2 chinese with flu symptoms. I havent heard what happened after that though. I sure hope its being abundantly cautious and a false alarm 'cause it would rip through a cruise ship like a norovorus.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Fast mover in some of them, not the healthiest group, prior smokers, heart disease, history of strokes, diabetes, fatty livers. The cough is the primary symptom, if they have heart disease, poor perfusion in lung tissue from smoking/poor air quality etc. it will move right down. Once they start having fluid buildup, that’s it.

The treatments looked pretty good, at least with what they were trying to deal with. It goes with a bunch of what we have seen and heard of regarding their initial treatment and response to the disease. They were responding to sepsis and the fluid buildup in the lungs. The disease looks like it can last for weeks.

Lancet also had an article where a child showed no symptoms and infected their whole family. It does not seem to hit them as hard as adults which makes me feel better for my kids.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

“Perhaps” they are keeping the truth from us in the US? Lol of course none of them are sharing the true numbers.

China would not have done an unprecedented quarantine of 60+ million people over 200 deaths since the reported November/December outbreak.

Hopefully there are better recovery stats for cases outside of mainland China but it remains to be seen at this point, and some cases are taking 5, 6, probably more days to provide testing results (based on the dozens of cases popping up on all continents except for Antarctica) over the past 4-5 days

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

full stop

and here..

We're still allowing flights daily from multiple Chinese cities into Australia.
Its been shown that 20% of people dont show fever - so temperature checking DOESN'T WORK
We're handing out pamphlets telling people what the signs are.

madness.

in a poll of around 10,000 people... there's a massive 93% who say shut the border.

Yet, Australia's leaders refuse to. We're addicted to Chinese $$$ and we will sacrifice Australia's security for them

edit on 30/1/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

www.usatoday.com...

They diagnosed the passenger with the flu and sent the ship on it's way... (which should enrage anyone who's been harping on how much worse and how much more of a threat influenza is than the Coronavirus... seeing as how the other 7999 shipmates will be directly exposed to the flu now.)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
·
2 min
U.S. State Department says Americans currently in China should consider leaving the country

no seriously ? ...
edit on 30-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

The local news closed the comment section for the two days between the article announcing the disease flight from the quarantine zone would be landing here in Anchorage for refueling and additional passenger screening and 12 hours following it taking back off. A local Facebook group was also combined mocking/removing anyone who expressed worries about that stupidity by our leaders.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Although I know the governments in the west are not honest, I didn't question the numbers they were giving out until today. Doppy me.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: musicismagic

Initially there would be a "banking holiday" event, likely entertwined with some sort of national level closure of all places that see high levels of foot traffic like malls, schools, libraries, etc, under the same auspices as China has used to combat the spread of the virus. After that holiday yeah, when banks reopened the little guys would see caps on how much they could withdraw.

I read on a post earlier that the 2nd guy in Chicago may have gone to Cleveland while contagious. If he drove on the turnpike, there are a lot of rest stops along the way with restaurants and coffee shops inside each. I wonder how many he was in and out of there and back. (I drive to Cleveland regularly from Southeastern MI so I know the route well.) Also, I have always read that when there is news they are trying to distract the public from, that agencies will wait until Friday's in the U.S. to feed it to the MSM. Just wondering if that is what the CDC is doing. How many days does it take to process those tests, it been 5+ days in some cases already, unless they are testing them twice.

(I'm new to posting on here, and using the quote marks. My apologies if it appears incorrectly.)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dolby_X

BNO Newsroom
@BNODesk
·
2 min
U.S. State Department says Americans currently in China should consider leaving the country

no seriously ? ...

It's almost like the rest of the world wants this pox in their population, isn't it? Never thought I'd see the madness of western collectivism rear its head on a global matter that easily could have been isolated to a communist nation.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Fast mover in some of them, not the healthiest group, prior smokers, heart disease, history of strokes, diabetes, fatty livers. The cough is the primary symptom, if they have heart disease, poor perfusion in lung tissue from smoking/poor air quality etc. it will move right down. Once they start having fluid buildup, that’s it.

That would accurately describe the types of people who normally frequent those markets. The markets like this are usually in older, less affluent areas of the cities. Older traditional people frequent them as well as those who have a taste for cheap or exotic meat.

People younger than maybe 50 generally don’t go to these places unless they are uneducated, in a rural area or countryside, or were sent there by family to buy something.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Advantage

www.usatoday.com...

They diagnosed the passenger with the flu and sent the ship on it's way... (which should enrage anyone who's been harping on how much worse and how much more of a threat influenza is than the Coronavirus... seeing as how the other 7999 shipmates will be directly exposed to the flu now.)

Geez! Oh yeah, JUST the flu. I almost died from a secondary infection from the flu several yrs ago and Im physically fit. viruses are mean boogers. Still though, this novel flu now seems more violent. The description of thick syrupy mucus in the lung secretions makes me pretty SARS-ish uneasy..

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join