It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 164
<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

Yep. Always some folks who will take advantage over any crisis.

Hong Kong Customs seizes 68,000 surgical masks with suspected false manufacturing date (with photos)

Hong Kong Customs today (January 30) seized a total of 68 000 surgical masks with suspected false manufacturing date from a pharmacy in Mong Kok. The seized items carry an estimated market value of about $380,000. A person-in-charge of the pharmacy was arrested.

Customs officers launched a large-scale territory-wide special operation codenamed "Guardian" on January 27 to inspect retail spots in different districts that sell surgical masks.

Be aware if ordering online.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I saw that story yesterday but didn’t have indie confirmation so I didn’t post. There’s many more similar stories out there. I haven’t posted the super bad stuff coz I can’t confirm.

I see bad stuff on WeChat daily. Videos are being blocked so some of it comes audio now because that’s harder to block.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Anyone else think its a bit suspicious no cases in North Korea? Would Kim Jong Un send a mercenary into China with orders to set off virus?

Or am i over thinking things?

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Not sure on all those numbers.. but it seems for the most part, those impacted out of China so far have all been in decent condition. However, there are those in China where it took a few weeks to really develop, and became more serious. I still think we are a couple weeks out from seeing the real impact (lesser or greater). There have been no deaths outside of China, so far, which is encouraging as far as that goes.

So 6 cases in the U.S. now? I don't think we'll know squat for at least 10 or 15 more days, to gauge anything, at least for the US.

Well there is cases in Intensive care in France so no they are not all peachy outside China
edit on 30-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
First person-to-person transmission of coronavirus confirmed in Illinois; patient infected by Chicago woman (second case in USA) is now the sixth U.S. case.

Sourc e: WaPo

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

It seems like if you've been to Wuhan you've been infected with the virus which is fairly concerning.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: texasgirl

I saw that story yesterday but didn’t have indie confirmation so I didn’t post. There’s many more similar stories out there. I haven’t posted the super bad stuff coz I can’t confirm.

I see bad stuff on WeChat daily. Videos are being blocked so some of it comes audio now because that’s harder to block.

I've seen quite a few myself but it's the personal stories that are hard to stomach. You feel so helpless.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

If there were, would we even know about it?? NK depends on China for all kinds of supplies.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It is so isolated, fun in NK isn´t even fun and all tourists are being observed there, no freedom. At this time in this game it plays well to NK
edit on 30-1-2020 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Jcavs1388

That case is pretty close to me. Happy to hear that news - thanks for the update (still waiting on Quebec, Ottowa, pending cases in Ontario and Connecticut).

Closest case to me currently is 2 confirmed in Ontario. Praying for more negative results...

Wouldn't be too surprising, as Vancouver; Toronto; and here in Montréal , all had regular direct flights arriving from Wuhan.

Went to the Chinese Supermarket last Sunday. Less customers than usual, but no masks, staff was cheery, and folks looked rather healthy, considering that it's the dead of winter here.

We bought lot's of fresh veggies, and 3 bamboo stalks for houseplants.
We eat rather healthy, and have good immune-systems.
Daily garlic and curcuma supplements, juice of one lemon, elderberry syrup, raw honey.
Also usually some form of homemade bone-soup. This week it's hot-and-sour. Delicious and healthy !

That fancy WuWuFlu™ doesn't stand a chance around here !

Yet there's always the wonder: are we just whistling our way through the graveyard ?

link   

North Korea closed all borders last weekend. No one in, No one out!

link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777
Anyone else think its a bit suspicious no cases in North Korea? Would Kim Jong Un send a mercenary into China with orders to set off virus?

Not really since they're really good at isolating themselves from the rest of the world. Plus they wouldnt intentionally infect their only true ally

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1

North Korea closed all borders last weekend. No one in, No one out!

Best move so far in this whole crisis. Don't know what everyone else was thinking.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Went to Costco this afternoon...saw two lovely Asian ladies wearing masks.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

As of Wednesday, the CDC was monitoring 165 people across 36 states for the virus, including five patients who contracted the deadly infection in China and brought it back to the United States. At least 68 people have tested negative for the virus, and the CDC is awaiting results for 92 individuals.

I may be reading that wrong, but it seems to me they are saying there are 165 positive cases in the US without coming out and saying so. They are including the 5 previously advertised cases, add in the woman's wife so that's 6. But if the patient tested negative, they'd no longer be under monitoring, so
68 Negatives
+
92 Pending
+
5 previously confirmed
+
Chicago woman's husband
=166 which =/= "165 people being monitored"

I think it has begun here.

link   
Gotta make sure we give our pet project a proper branding name.

WHO Situation Report 30 January 2020: [PDF]

WHO recommends that the interim name of the disease causing the current outbreak should be “2019-nCoV acute respiratory disease” (where ‘n’ is for novel and ‘CoV’ is for coronavirus).

ETA: The WHO press conference has been delayed until 2:30 p.m. ET
edit on 30-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: (no reason given)

link   
They eat Kimchi in North Korea, it keeps bugs away....

I allready posted about it earlyer here, Kimchi and coffee is the way to go

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Or Hong Kong customs is dealing with a shortage of masks and saw a quick way to rectify that problem...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

There that, what you said raises alarm bells. Because authorities in China are isolating everyone from Wuhan.

I just connected the dots. It’s almost as if they know 100% everyone from Wuhan is most likely infected.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

No. NorK would view any admission of cases as a sign of weakness. Their entire population could keel over tomorrow and we wouldn't know about it for weeks.

top topics

<< 161  162  163    165  166  167 >>

join