It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Hmm interesting info appears the virus, can be transmitted by infected who appear healthy. Profound...

Some get an illness others do not.. Thing is designed to survive and infect.

Dunno how legit, this article is but looks legit.. www.theloop.ca...

They reference the papers that I posted here earlier...
Its legit.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24892779]MetalThunder[/post
Cheers

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

first case reported in Australia now, getting a bit close to home

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dslayer

Auckland will be next.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dslayer
a reply to: hiddenNZ

first case reported in Australia now, getting a bit close to home

Interesting just last week the news was impeachment and Australia forest fires, now within the last72 hours we are observing the birth of a pandemic, a virus figuring us out faster than we are figuring it out it appears. Or we are just now paying attention to it and it’s in allot more places than we think. With about a 3% mortality rate in its current form, sadly we will see more deaths it looks like.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dslayer
With the school year starting soon you can bet it will be here soon man.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This partially answers one of my questions.

Officials said the new patient, a woman in her 60s, is doing well and is in stable condition. She remains isolated in a hospital as a precaution, U.S. health officials said on a conference call with reporters. The Illinois patient traveled to China in late December and began experiencing symptoms when she returned to the U.S. last week, officials said. She did not have symptoms while flying, they said.

“She was not symptomatic when flying. And based on what we know now about this virus, our concern for transmission before symptoms develop is low, so that is reassuring,” Dr. Allison Arwady, Chicago’s public health commissioner, said on the call.

This is talking about the woman in Chicago. Right now, they do not think it's very contagious when you are asymptomatic. They say the lady's movements in Chicago were very limited, so it's unlikely she came into contact with many.

Now the bad news:

There are 63 cases being monitored in the U.S. that stretch across 22 states, including the first patient in Washington state and the new case in Illinois, said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases.

So we don't know what states, but a lot - 22, and 63 possible cases. They only know of 2 confirmed so far -- Washington and Illinois. One of the problems right now is that any testing must be done by the CDC, and that takes time, days in fact, but only hours for the actual test. They are working on speeding this up. They should be working on making more testing sites available, IMO, and it says they are.

They acknowledge this is a bad time of year with many upper respiratory bugs already in circulation, but if you think this is what you have, call your doctor in advance and warn them so they can prepare.

Health officials are trying to contain the fast-spreading illness without unnecessarily spooking global trade. WHO physicians said they needed more data before declaring a global emergency, but the virus is now spreading through close human contact and in health-care settings, they said.

Close human contact and in packed hospitals.
edit on 24-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We should be able to contain this until a vax is found...but it will likely result in quite a few deaths.
All flights and travelers from China should be denied entry to the US until this is under control.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This story is an interview with the woman who apparently shot the viral video of a Wuhan hospital with dead bodies lying around.

China coronavirus: Wuhan residents describe ‘doomsday’ scenes as patients overwhelm hospitals

- One woman said her husband had been feverish and coughing blood but was turned away by several hospitals that said they had no room

- Desperate scenes come as death toll rises to 41 and more than 1,000 cases of infection confirmed nationwide

1138 1307 cases, 41 deaths. The number increases every hour.

Liang Wudong, a doctor at Hubei Xinhua Hospital who had been at the front line of the Coronavirus Outbreak battle in Wuhan, dies from the virus at age 62.
edit on 24-1-2020 by EndtheMadnessNow because: count

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The bit about close human contact and packed hospitals also confirms some of what I've been thinking.

China is in a crisis because of this, but the disease, while likely highly infectious, is not casually contagious like cold or measles for which we should all be thanking God (or whatever higher power you profess to). It gives us time to try to prepare, but will our PTB take advantage of it?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Just taking in time for the Superbowl... I'll pass

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A young, previously healthy man died in Wuhan, raising concerns about the deadliness of the virus. Until now, the vast majority of victims have been older than 60 with preexisting conditions.

Quoted from here. Article posted in the last 10 mins.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Time to focus

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Paywalled.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

That’s not I’m reading.

The R0 is inline with SARS at 2-5, SARS was 2-4. That’s really high and hits higher end of R0 for common flu. R0 is measure of secondary cases. Which means roughly 40% secondary infections from the people an infected person comes in contact with. I might be a little off so correct me if I’m wrong about the last part.

Zerohedge

UK expert said today that he predicts 250,000 infections in 10 days. And keep in mind that’s from the flawed numbers China is releasing.

Also a really not good thing, my wife’s friends in Wuhan aren’t answering on WeChat. And many others are saying the same of their families and friends. Right now appears they and blocking WeChat in Wuhan.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
first doctor treating patients confirmed dead age 62

Death toll now stands at 54

This is crazy out of control
edit on 24-1-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
first doctor treating patients confirmed dead age 62

Death toll now stands at 54

This is crazy out of control

Aren't the odds of contracting the flu and dying from complications, higher than contracting the Corona virus?

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

I didn't say it wasn't highly contagious, but it wasn't like the measles or the common cold level contagious.

Close contact means you can pass it to someone in close proximity to you through larger airborne particles. I would also guess it lives on surfaces for long time like cold and flu viruses.

So it passes through surfaces you touch and get in your eyes/nose, and if you get coughed or sneezed which explains why it's so bad in those areas of China, but has not leapt like wildfire beyond the country. Sure, it's showing up, but it took longer to do than one would think given the magnitude of what we're seeing in China right now.

I am in no way saying it couldn't/won't get that way all over, just that it will take longer than you see in the movie Contagion which models something truly airborne.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

I have not seen that death toll number reported yet. Still holding @ 41 until next update. I did see 36 have recovered.

Cases are expected to increase exponentially due to 'super-spreaders', and whatever China censorship is holding back. I've seen reports of over 8,000 within China which is still low considering the population density.

Youngest victim is 2 yrs old in South China Guangxi. So, that kinda dismisses the theory only elderly are susceptible according to some media sources. (@globaltimesnews)

450 military medical staff arrive in China's virus epicentre: state media via @AFP.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Gotcha.

We aren’t there yet and I doubt it would happen.

Though if this is manmade from their bio research lab in Wuhan it could happen.

Hopefully this dies out quick but something keeps telling me no.

Wife’s friends in Wuhan aren’t answering WeChat. Many in China saying same for their family and friends in Wuhan. Others are saying WeChat is being blocked in Wuhan. I haven’t seen proof yet but they are heavily censoring WeChat right now. And the panic level is super crazy.
edit on 24-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hmmm 🤔
Western diplomats in Wuhan are understood to have looked into information about Wuhan National Biosafety Laboratory, a key facility for researching Ebola and SARS located just 20 miles south of the Huanan seafood market, epicentre of the latest Coronavirus outbreak.

With a population of 11m, Wuhan is home to several consulates from major countries, including the US, UK and France. South Korea and Russia also have delegations there.
twitter.com...

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join