It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 159
<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

For all we know, we could already be there, but the oh, so glorious CCP government daddy knows better and keeps onlying to literally everybody, even the WHO.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

India worries me too, the hygiene is poor. Monkeys on the street. Typical Hindi Funerals take one to two days. This all and huge areas of slums without decent sanitation.. Its a ticking Bomb !

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: dollukka

80,000 people died of the flu in the US alone last year

let me know when we get anywhere near that

Out of how many cases of the flu?
30 million?
If and when we have 30 million cases of coronavirus in the US, we can compare the number of deaths.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

80,000 people died of the flu in the US alone last year

let me know when we get anywhere near that

If the numbers are on track like they have been, you won't have to wait long.

I am hoping the calculations are wrong, but still being cautious.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka

India worries me too, the hygiene is poor. Monkeys on the street. Typical Hindi Funerals take one to two days. This all and huge areas of slums without decent sanitation.. Its a ticking Bomb !

Not to mention all of the human bodies floating in Ganges river.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It usually ticks up a little this time of day. I think its like an interim update with the main update coming early morning GMT.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

pics or didn't happen

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

It's a old news from 2015

www.aljazeera.com...

google it there are plenty of pic i'll not post here
edit on 30-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

a reply to: Fowlerstoad

I know your feelings, i have type 1 diabetic son. Our house has two entrances, so i might just stick in one side of house and hubby and son in other.

Just some advice (for future reference should anyone on this thread catch the actual virus)....

If you plan to shelter in place, and isolate yourself from others living in another part of your house, please make sure that you have 2 separate HVAC units serving those areas. If you only have 1, then your intake air vents are going to be pushing your germs/virus through the HVAC ducts in the WHOLE house. The filters will not stop the very tiny micron size of the virus.

A garage with a space heater is probably the best place. Just make sure to tape the door edges leading into the house, or temporarily caulk them.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: butcherguy

pics or didn't happen

Oh you don't wanna see that...

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have to believe that a lot of foreign companies will rethink relocating to China after this.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
edit: double post
edit on 30-1-2020 by Audiokat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
Type 1s love to forget to eat and then take their insulin as they get older ....Or you get the ones with really poor diets who send themselves into DKA with Kussmaul respiration’s.

This is the main problem. Type I's need to forego any/all processed carbs/sugars (and foods high in sugar) if they want even half a chance to get better. Their overarching goal should be to slowly lower insulin resistance and minimize their need for insulin injections, and bolstering their pancreas. It can be done.

Type 2s can be reversed to a point,

It can be reversed completely using fasting/IF/autophagy, but everyone must use their head and do it right.

once you cross that threshold there can be no turning back from the resistance and damage caused.

Never say never...

I’ve even seen diabetics confuse ketoacidosis with ketosis. One will kill you, the other I use to lose weight all the time lol.

True again, but it is also a myth that Type I diabetics cannot do the keto diet - in fact, it is the healthiest thing they can do as long as they are doing the healthy version and keep certain other issues in mind. If they start slowly, research and learn everything they need to know and be careful of and do it right, I firmly believe that even many with Type I can be reversed.

That said, of course, if you don't have a pancreas, there is nothing there to spontaneously regenerate/heal itself.

That said (from the Dept. of Redundancy Dept), with the advancements being made with stem cells and the possibilities for regrowing full blown individual organs, who knows what will be possible in time.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Mask rationing in Singapore. Each household gets 4.

I've seen these masks need to be tossed after 8 hrs. use.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

More likely they will close and move offices and factories to other countries. Relocation to China slowed and nearly stopped over the last few years.

I’m expecting shortages of goods made in China to start in February. The lead times are usually between 30 to 60 days depending on logistic chains and warehouses.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Birmingham / UK man cleared of having virus

( source www.birminghammail.co.uk... )

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
other than the discussions relating to diabetics who get nCov-2019 or sugars as they relate to nCov-2019, can the other conversations related to sugar occur in a new thread? Just a friendly request - not trying to be a pest

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I am with you. I have never taken the flu vaccine and don’t trust it (oddly, I trust other vaccinations but not the flu for some reason - gut instinct?).

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That’s nothing, they’re supposed to be single use only, they get nasty quick, the most I would want to wear one is an hour.

I’ve never seen the entire planet run out of an item I use daily, the closest was when we were having normal saline supply problems.

Respirators are so much better, as long as the battery doesn’t die. You get that nice airflow around your head while you work.

posted on Jan, 30 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
For those interested in doing a little prep but can't find or are fearful masks are not available .....

Found a supply of masks (USA based company/Store) for those interested from a 3M related site (MSCDirect.com) – Keep in mind I say available because they are NOT shown as SOLD-OUT…. The prices have not been raised - and to add - I have ZERO interest or affiliation with said website.. just thought I'd pass along

All Varieties N95 / Respirators / Disposable etc ..... gloves suits you name it

It is what it is ..... YMMV

Godspeed

edit on 1302020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 156  157  158    160  161  162 >>

join