It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What if we have been lied to about the incubation period?

What if the incubation period is more like a month in length?

And people are spreading it for the last week or so of that month?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllWait

Hey you've got to stick around for the encore.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Let’s say that is in fact the case,
One way or another the seemingly low number of fatalities is proof enough that it is not an epidemic.

And I’m probably one of the more consistent purveyor of information regarding this thing on this thread, filter my post. I have done a ton of digging into this thing over the past four days.

My conclusion is that although dangerous and clearly something that warrants cause for alarm, this is another virus being analyzed by every available research team on the planet at this point.

It had an opportunity to mutate before every scientist on the face of the earth found out about it.

Furthermore, the level of lethality that is currently reflected suggests this thing is all but finished and probably is the last we will see of these things unless they are being weaponized.
edit on 29-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

One way or another the seemingly low number of fatalities is proof enough that it is not an epidemic.

Assuming that the official numbers out there are 100% accurate, you are right... if like many people think the CCP is not telling the truth then its possible still that it is a pandemic.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Seemingly low number of fatalities.
Seemingly being the important word there.
I’ll feel more comfortable after another month goes by and I am still sucking wind.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Still, what was up with China's reaction then? Just to avoid admitting that their healthcare services suck so much that a lot of people died because of lack of attention and not the virus itself? Either way, the killcount must have been much, much larger for such chaos to be unleashed.

Let's wait some time before claiming victory, we still don't know what the hell is going on, let alone the origin of the virus. All we can do is check the data as it is released until it is entirely cold.
edit on 29-1-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
5th confirmed case in France

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

It's been 5 days since we first heard of suspected cases in Mumbai, India. We should be getting info on the outcome of at least the first suspected case(s) there within the next day or two I would think???

link   
Apparently 'sugar' has some anti-viral qualities and can help in the vaccine for this coronavirus:

www.swissinfo.ch...

Swiss scientists discover ‘antiviral’ powers of sugar

Swiss and British researchers have modified sugar molecules so that they are capable, by simple contact, of destroying viruses, without toxicity to humans. The method could apply, for example, to the new Chinese coronavirus. So-called "virucidal" substances, such as bleach, destroy viruses by simple contact, but they cannot be applied to the human body without causing serious damage, noted the University of Geneva (UNIGE) in a statement. Most of today's antiviral drugs work by inhibiting the growth of viruses but are incapable of destroying them. Complicating matters, they are not always reliable: viruses can mutate and become resistant to such treatments. "To get around these two obstacles and be able to effectively fight against viral infections, we found an entirely different angle of attack", stresses Caroline Tapparel Vu, a professor in the department of microbiology and molecular medicine of UNIGE who led the research effort along with Francesco Stellacci, a professor at the faculty of engineering sciences and techniques of the Federal Polytechnic School of Lausanne (EPFL).

Researchers had previously produced a gold-based antiviral. Applying the same concept, they have this time succeeded in developing an antiviral using natural glucose derivatives, called cyclodextrins, according to an article published in the journal Science Advances. "The advantages of cyclodextrins are numerous: even more biocompatible than gold, and easier to use. They do not trigger a resistance mechanism and are not toxic," said Samuel Jones, a researcher at the University of Manchester who was cited in the UNIGE press release.

link   
I’m posting this link to Zerohedge though some are calling their reporting into question.

It contains some tweets and covers experts calling death counts into question based on data China has provided. It also covers a concise description of how China is misreporting numbers partially intentionally and due to their authoritarian system.

Zerohedge

One choice piece is;

richard horton
@richardhorton1
The latest clinical report on 2019-nCoV: 99 patients from Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital. Important: a key group of patients progress rapidly to ARDS, septic shock, and multiple organ failure. 23% ITU admission, 17% ARDS, 11% mortality.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

Which school district are you? Ours hasn't said anything as of yet, but kiddo hasn't come home yet today.

As I mentioned this morning, it was the topic of convo on morning talk as I was waking up.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllWait
Looks like this things over boys.

2% fatality rate.

People have been cured already, their city is a mess because it had the pleasure of hosting this nasty demon.

We spent a lot of time keeping up with and unfolding this thing.

I had a lot of fun and learned a lot while paroozing patents and research findings.

I’m with you on that.

Three months (max) time this will all be over and 99.9% of the populace will have totally forgotten about it.

Respects to those though that have passed and succumbed to the virus ☹️

MR

link   
a reply to: WeAllWait Lets hope so! I'd rather keep an eye out a week or two to be sure the viral spread is slowing.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Mateo96

It's been 5 days since we first heard of suspected cases in Mumbai, India. We should be getting info on the outcome of at least the first suspected case(s) there within the next day or two I would think???

Mumbai, India and Rio, Brazil are the 2 that I really want to hear a follow up on. Those 2 locations could jumpstart this thing all over again.
edit on 1/29/2020 by tennisdawg because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Seemingly low number of fatalities.
Seemingly being the important word there.
I’ll feel more comfortable after another month goes by and I am still sucking wind.

i'm getting tired of those "fatality rates". am i the only one seeing this?

6171 confirmed cases as of now, 133 deaths, 126 recoveries. if there would be more recoveries, media would be all over it - so that means thousands of people are still sick, either at hospitals or at home. and noone knows how many of them will die.

how the f..k can anyone calculate how deadly the virus is based on ongoing situation/missing data like that? also, that's all assuming the official numbers are true - and they're not. it is bad. very bad.

link   

originally posted by: deviant300
a reply to: IAMTAT I can't seem to get access to that map it keeps sending me to a log in screen.

Try pasting this into search:
gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

link   

What if there is no virus at all. Do you know anyone PERSONALLY that has the virus? Maybe it's all a big dis-information campaign to try and distract people from something else?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

There are a lot of other cases that are inland and close to high-population areas like Las Vegas, the 8 suspected cases in Seattle, the ones in Ottowa & Quebec, NYC and DC (just for the North American ones) that I'm watching as well.

Many of these might just be the seasonal flu but if we start getting confirmation and it turns out these confirmed cases have had close contact with others, numbers could blow out not too long after that confirmation hits...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAllWait

Let’s say that is in fact the case,

And I’m probably one of the more consistent purveyor of information regarding this thing on this thread, filter my post. I have done a ton of digging into this thing over the past four days.

My conclusion is that although dangerous and clearly something that warrants cause for alarm, this is another virus being analyzed by every available research team on the planet at this point.

It had an opportunity to mutate before every scientist on the face of the earth found out about it.

Furthermore, the level of lethality that is currently reflected suggests this thing is all but finished and probably is the last we will see of these things unless they are being weaponized.

Also, the wild cats being captured and sold in a wet market in Wuhan caused an outbreak of SARS I believe in early 2000’s.

Scientist are suggesting policing the activity of capturing and selling of wild animals.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The latest clinical report on 2019-nCoV: 99 patients from Wuhan Jinyintan Hospital. Important: a key group of patients progress rapidly to ARDS, septic shock, and multiple organ failure. 23% ITU admission, 17% ARDS, 11% mortality.

Pretty sure that was based on people with existing conditions. The latest update from WHO via their meeting puts the rate right at 2%. They are going to meet again tomorrow to determine if they want to label it a global pandemic emergency. They heaped praise on China for their reaction to the virus, but we'll see how much correct info WHO was given by China - probably only time will tell.

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join