It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 131
<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tukota

I was thinking that myself. Hard to find new news about it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
5th case in France now.

4th and 5th people are related and both are in a serious condition on life support.

Chinese natives? Native French? Other?

This lack of any real detail on the stats of the cases outside china is infuriating.

4 are Chinese tourists and the other is a Chinese person living here in France

See BlackRabbits post on page 130 of this thread
edit on 29-1-2020 by Lagomorphe because: Phrase added

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

People are dying like flies' - South Africans escape coronavirus lockdown in China

It may look like science fiction, but South Africans are quickly getting used to the spectacle of passengers passing through doors at airports wearing masks, as the deadly novel coronavirus holds the world in its clutches. At Cape Town International Airport on Wednesday, dozens of travellers were reunited with loved ones as they unmasked themselves after overnight flights from China and nearby locations. Many said it was a “relief” to be home after being in China - parts of which are under lockdown - and that the seriousness of the outbreak pervades every conversation on Chinese soil.

“We have been watching and monitoring the outbreak every day,” said passenger Dicky Julius, who also arrived in Cape Town on Wednesday. “China is on high alert. We can attest to that - they are not taking it as a joke. Every time we go out or come back, our temperature is taken. But on the international flights you see people aren’t taking it seriously enough. That is my concern.” Travelling with him was Elrick Julius. Still wearing his mask, he told TimesLIVE, “I am just back from Beijing. That virus - dis woes, mense. It is deadly, not a word of a lie, people are dying like flies. If you go there, protect yourself and keep an eye on the facts and figures.”

Chinese family of 4 infected with new coronavirus in UAE

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Do you all remember on November 19th, 2019 when Donald Trump made an unexpected trip to the hospital and it was said to be routine and pretty much hush hush? Well, Mike Pence spent the week or so previously on an international tour through Japan, Singapore, Australia, and Papua New Guinea. Granted, my mind overthinks A LOT...but does anyone else think there could be a connection between the Coronavirus and Trumps quick hospital visit? Makes me wonder if anyone else in connection with Mike Pence had any routine medical visits after his return? On 8 December 2019, the first patient was recorded by Chinese authorities to start showing symptoms. A later Chinese report finds an earlier case on 1 December, pointing to an even earlier origin. Here's a timeline on the virus...en.wikipedia.org...–20_Wuhan_coronavirus_outbreak#1–8_December_2019

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mb1234

Interesting because MERS seemingly came to a halt sometime in November of 2019.

A coronavirae with a whooping case fatality rate of 34.4%.

This thing mysteriously appears in the MIDDLE EAST, scares the living # out of folks, and disappears.

Here’s the report published by WHO, their eastern Mediterranean regional office

applications.emro.who.int...
edit on 29-1-2020 by WeAllWait because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackrabbit1
a reply to: tanstaafl

A fifth case of coronavirus has been confirmed in France, according to France’s Health Minister Agnes Buzyn.

The fifth case is the daughter of the 80-year-old Chinese tourist who one of the first four patients, Buzyn said on French television BFMTV.

So older, but... is she a Chinese native? Or french native of chinese decent?

Again, this lack of stats is really frustrating.

Hope she gets better...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

The fact of the matter is, even though there are millions of us who are aware of the danger, we are still in a minority.

That extends well beyond the current pending pandemic. How many questioned Fukushima and the continuing hemhoraging of nuclear waste into the Pacific Ocean? How many questioned the reported killing of bin Laden despite a total lack of evidence proving "we got 'im?" The longer I live on this spinning rock the more convinced of the existence of God the Creator I become... no way in Hell a species this amazingly stupid, gullible, and clueless could have survived long enough to evolve into a group able to build an internal combustion engine or split the atom.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

“We have been watching and monitoring the outbreak every day,” said passenger Dicky Julius

That's the front runner for name of the day right there.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
4 are Chinese tourists and the other is a Chinese person living here in France

See BlackRabbits post on page 130 of this thread

Thanks, its hard to keep up in this thread.

So, still no stats about nationality, ages, and how bad they get...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Do you have a link for this story?
If it is solid, this is scary.

Edit to add link:
I found the story. Is Dispatch Live trustworthy?
Dispatchliv e
edit on b000000312020-01-29T14:44:24-06:0002America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jan 2020 14:44:24 -0600200000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The suspected case in Porto Alegre (Brazil) came back as negative, but a new suspected case just popped up in Rio De Janeiro.

Sorry tanstaafl... I understand you don't like the "suspected cases" being included in this thread but it's helpful to track ones that are in major/new areas and other thread participants also like to keep track of these to monitor the situation over next coming days. If a bunch of members agree I'll stop posting suspected cases... I've been hesitant and haven't posted any until this one in Rio just popped up since it is one to watch closely..

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
The suspected case in Porto Alegre (Brazil) came back as negative, but a new suspected case just popped up in Rio De Janeiro.

Sorry tanstaafl... I understand you don't like the "suspected cases" being included in this thread but it's helpful to track ones that are in major/new areas and other thread participants also like to keep track of these to monitor the situation over next coming days. If a bunch of members agree I'll stop posting suspected cases... I've been hesitant and haven't posted any until this one in Rio just popped up since it is one to watch closely..

man, keep posting the suspected cases. I find it fascinating, and it keeps the thread alive while we wait for the daily totals.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So far over 6,000 Confirmed

130 Deaths.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Current Numbers according to SCMP

“At least 90 nurses took sick leave on Wednesday at three Hong Kong hospitals, ahead of a potential strike planned by a health care workers’ union in protest at the government’s response to the coronavirus.”

They are demanding Hong kong close itself off.

Link here.

**also note scmp has no data for South America( they have something). It’s showing their affected count as “- -“, rather then 0.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAllWait

They are demanding Hong king close itself off.

Not sure when that article was published but according to this Hong Kong has already done so (you have to scroll down to see it, there are a few updates within the link):

Hong Kong cuts border crossings to mainland China

The Hong Kong leader, Carrie Lam, said on Tuesday the high-speed rail service between the city and mainland China would be suspended from Thursday, and all cross-border ferry services would also be suspended in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus, Reuters reports. Wearing a green face mask, Lam told a press briefing the number of flights to mainland China would also be halved and personal travel permits for mainland Chinese to the city would be suspended. It comes as Hong Kong health workers threatened to strike from tomorrow over the territory’s response to the coronavirus outbreak. One of their demands is to close the border with the mainland.

Source: www.theguardian.com...< br />
Sorry, not sure the link is working for me now... I got it from the maphub source by clicking the black Hong Kong polygon and then clicking the symbol that takes you to the source... Maphub Resource
edit on 29-1-2020 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So the company I work for has a large factory in Wuxi which is about an 8hr drive from Wuhan. We have over 6,000 people in that factory alone. I found out last night that all non-essential, administrative personnel are to take an extended holiday - leave of absence due to the virus. Only factory line workers/operators are allowed at this point. Additionally, all non-business critical travel to Asia has been cancelled. This is gonna really start hitting economic bottom line soon.

Also got an email from Workday (HR software/platform) that said they are no longer able to provide any data feeds out of China. Yeah CCP! /s

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I don't understand why they would cut off rail traffic into Hong Kong, yet still allow flights in from China.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: WeAllWait

They are demanding Hong king close itself off.

Not sure when that article was published but according to this Hong Kong has already done so (you have to scroll down to see it, there are a few updates within the link):

Hong Kong cuts border crossings to mainland China

The Hong Kong leader, Carrie Lam, said on Tuesday the high-speed rail service between the city and mainland China would be suspended from Thursday, and all cross-border ferry services would also be suspended in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus, Reuters reports. Wearing a green face mask, Lam told a press briefing the number of flights to mainland China would also be halved and personal travel permits for mainland Chinese to the city would be suspended. It comes as Hong Kong health workers threatened to strike from tomorrow over the territory’s response to the coronavirus outbreak. One of their demands is to close the border with the mainland.

Source: www.theguardian.com... ith:block-5e2ffdce8f08e133247383ac#block-5e2ffdce8f08e133247383ac

Read the article FC,

They’ve closed six of out FIFTEEN checkpoints.

Here I did it for you,

“Even though the government announced closing six border checkpoints [out of 15], many people are still able to enter Hong Kong from the mainland.”

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Don't know found another

This one has a good following on FB so.....?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Do you have a link for this story?
If it is solid, this is scary.

Edit to add link:
I found the story. Is Dispatch Live trustworthy?
Dispatchliv e

www.dispatchlive.co.za...
They look legit, at least as legit as any other major news outlet. They're received CNN's African Journalist of the year awards and lay claim to being South Africa's longest running newspaper.

top topics

<< 128  129  130    132  133  134 >>

join