It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thank you, FamCore! Much appreciated!! a reply to: FamCore

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
WHO Youtube

WHO Live update starting now

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:00 AM
link   
the room is empty.... looks like no major updates...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Not nice :/
Having vacation in march.. should have taken it sooner.
Stocked our food supplies today for a month and went to pharmacy to buy desinfectants today.

So lets hope this won´t spread out from Lappland, there are 15 suspect cases too now.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It is confirmed to be in non-Chinese.

Japan
Germany
Thailand

I’m sure there are others.

All secondary infections. Japan was a bus driver who transported Chinese tourists. That’s a tad scary but it’s confirmed.

link   
I think all of you should stop worrying. There are a couple of people on here, one a lab [assistant? analyst?] and the other a good joe bloggs who has seen three other viruses resulting in not too many deaths [hence unimportant], who say it is all a hype.
I believe those guys. I am not one to take anything serious untill most humans are dead.
I don't believe in safety measures for a 'just in case' scenario, because most of the time [not all the time, but most of the time] it all turns out to be nothing.
I don't even know why there is a thread about this.
HAsn't it been said more than once that mostly viruses are taken far too serious?
I don't think all those precautions are necessary. I say the Chinese shout shut up and put up and get back to work.
After all, there were real viruses once, like the spanish flu or the bubonic plague and that can [for some reason] never happen again.
All precautions of stopping the spread of this joke virus [it's less than a bad cold FFS] is totally crazy.
In half a year you will all see that they were right again and they can basque in the glory, and you will look stupid for worrying about a harmless little cold.

Seriously, this thread is full of scaredycats who always expect the worst. Look people, the worst will never happen. Because the last three times have been ridiculous. Only a few hundred people died [ok, maybe a few thousand], no biggie.

Let's feck it and throw our caution in the wind. I don't want to be ridiculed for being a woos. The guy who is a lab worker, he knows. He knows that viruses are a joke and that they could never suddenly turn nasty. I believe him, despite the wet blanket behaviour of China's government [gay the lot of them...sorry gays, I love you, you know what i mean]
If they did in the past, then that was 'bad luck'. It couldn't happen in modern times. We are too cautious. You are all woosses.

Said nobody with common sense ever.

link   
a reply to: dslayer

yeah THE WHO

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

"I am not one to take anything serious untill most humans are dead. "

Oh, okay then - I'll wait til it's just you and me left before I smack you round the head then you great big dummy.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

That’s the viral target for binding to the cell and injecting its genetic material into the host. We all should have those receptors. It’s like a lock and key, the virus evolved that key to unlock the doors of those cells, without that key, the virus cannot inject its genetic material into the cell. Its one of the reasons it can hit the lower airway and cause pneumonia.

There should be coreceptors that it can bind to during the process, if we can block those it won’t be able to reproduce in the body. Sort of unrelated but this is how we are going to cure HIV, blocking a coreceptor like CCR5 so it cannot bind to CD4. The reason we like to focus on a coreceptor rather than the primary, is because that primary receptor is used in important signaling between cells, it’s how they talk to one another.

As far as certain populations having higher numbers of ACE receptors, I would have to research that one. Maybe people with underlying disease or damage have an increased number of receptors.

link   

If normalcy bias is your perogative after everything in this thread all I can say is good luck with that

link   
One takeaway so far at WHO presser: 'The majority of cases outside of China involve travel to Wuhan.'
Many other Chinese cities have infections present, but we aren't seeing cases outside of China connected with other Chinese cities. That seems to indicate a longer incubation period, IMO.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I think most people are just secretly hoping that this is the big event most people are waiting for. Let's face it, they're hoping this somehow turns into the zombie apocalypse...

link   
Can someone outline the difference between Spanish Flu and 2019-nCoV?
I've read they have the same death rate.

link   

edit on 29-1-2020 by DAZ21 because: Double post

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Lufthansa cancels all flights to China

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I'm not overly concerned myself at this stage, but I'm sure I would be if I was in china, or one of the other countries that suffered through the previous viruses you mentioned.

I believe the plague is still around we just don't hear about it often

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21

I think most people are just secretly hoping that this is the big event most people are waiting for. Let's face it, they're hoping this somehow turns into the zombie apocalypse...

The simple truth is there are too may humans, and if we keep on multiplying at the rate we are then we'll kill the Earth and everything on it.

So eventually nature will take action, maybe when we become to many she will create some viruses that can swap and mutate and incubate in the giant test tube of a giant human filled city until one pops out that can kill us all.

Then it will spread and travel and cull the herd until a sustainable number are left.

It's bound to happen sometime - simply we cannot keep on growing and growing and growing and consuming and consuming and consuming without something evetually giving or rather correcting the situation.

So sayeth the great, late Albert Bartlett, and if it's good enough for him then I agree.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
It is confirmed to be in non-Chinese.

Japan
Germany
Thailand

I’m sure there are others.

All secondary infections. Japan was a bus driver who transported Chinese tourists. That’s a tad scary but it’s confirmed.

Do they have pneumonia?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Update from Finland

The sick person was a female and there is one other suspected case, 15 are exposured ( meaning they have spent more or just 15 minutes in same space as confirmed one.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Update from Finland

The sick person was a female and there is one other suspected case, 15 are exposured ( meaning they have spent more or just 15 minutes in same space as confirmed one.

exposed*

new topics

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join