It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 28-1-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

link   
I read elsewhere that the CDC (sounded like someone in the know, as they were highly detailed) likely will not release all the numbers at once to not scare the public, but will scatter them out, since they are the only one doing testing right now. But, with them sending kits to the states, that may change.

I have teenagers at home and over the years, I sometimes shared with them watered down information in an effort to not cause them to panic of a situation, because they were not as experienced in the situation, that I was able to bring to the table.

I suspect that the CDC and Governments have to use this approach with the masses who are a bunch of kids that don't have experience with all this stuff. They will let out the information as they feel necessary and if things start going south much faster than expected, then they can ramp up the concerns and numbers.

I think the WHO did exactly that, when they back tracked on the status and raised it up.

While I'm all for knowing the REAL information from China, USA and elsewhere... I think I'm a pretty reasonable person, not likely to panic (still haven't bought any supplies or made an preps) and I could handle the situation and look and say... wow, of those 59 cases outside CHINA, a little less than half are Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia.

I can also look and say, a LOT of these "suspected" cases are coming back negative.

But then you have a previous poster who was going to forego paying her Rent so they could by prep supplies. To each their own choice, but I think paying your rent would be a wiser decision.
edit on 28-1-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I'n no expert, but can you just 'grow' a virus?? Except the manmade ones?!

They would need the original to be able to replicate is my understanding of basic chemistry. So I agree with you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
FYI those probably aren't full numbers they haven't been coming out all together last night the full update was at 9ish

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas

Hurray for open borders!

For all you out there who promote this stuff, this is exactly one major reason why we SHOULDNT

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Some nice chart and data : shorturl.at/jqyQR

shorturl got hard time linking the original url app.powerbi.com... r=eyJrIjoiZjIwYzc1M2UtNmZjMi00NmM2LWI1OGYtNDg1NjZhNTNjMGI5IiwidCI6IjYzNjBkMTZhLTk3MWQtNGQzMC1hOWE5LTdiY2I0ODUzMDhlMSIsImMiOjl9
edit on 28-1-2020 by Dolby_X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: celltypespecific

That is what I am talking about-
There is NO WAY a government would do that unless there is a very very serious problem that we are not hearing about.
Governments love money,and this action is going to see them lose a large amount.
This is a very serious indicator that things are bad IMO.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
I read elsewhere that the CDC (sounded like someone in the know, as they were highly detailed) likely will not release all the numbers at once to not scare the public, but will scatter them out, since they are the only one doing testing right now. But, with them sending kits to the states, that may change.

I have teenagers at home and over the years, I sometimes shared with them watered down information in an effort to not cause them to panic of a situation, because they were not as experienced in the situation, that I was able to bring to the table.

I suspect that the CDC and Governments have to use this approach with the masses who are a bunch of kids that don't have experience with all this stuff. They will let out the information as they feel necessary and if things start going south much faster than expected, then they can ramp up the concerns and numbers.

I think the WHO did exactly that, when they back tracked on the status and raised it up.

While I'm all for knowing the REAL information from China, USA and elsewhere... I think I'm a pretty reasonable person, not likely to panic (still haven't bought any supplies or made an preps) and I could handle the situation and look and say... wow, of those 59 cases outside CHINA, a little less than half are Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia.

I can also look and say, a LOT of these "suspected" cases are coming back negative.

But then you have a previous poster who was going to forego paying her Rent so they could by prep supplies. To each their own choice, but I think paying your rent would be a wiser decision.

What a lot of people are failing to realize is that this virus has an incubation period. The people that are being reported as having it, have had it for at least 14 days already, in theory.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

There is NO WAY a government would do that unless there is a very very serious problem that we are not hearing about.
Governments love money,and this action is going to see them lose a large amount.

*May* and *Must* are two different situations.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Brilliant dipsnips, suspend all air travel after you've brought in a couple flights of walking death from out of the quarantine zone when there was absolutely zero legal compulsion or logical rationale to break the quarantine and do that.

The stupidity of governments everywhere is downright staggering at times.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

this might be a good time to go tour China. You know: might get a good price on the tickets, especially if you only take a one-way !

Well at this rate, if you get a round trip ticket you may be getting ripped off for your return flight...

Hoping you are joking with that post

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel
FYI those probably aren't full numbers they haven't been coming out all together last night the full update was at 9ish

Everyone lives in a different time-zone dear

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

he said "-ish"

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortBus

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

*May* and *Must* are two different situations.

Yes that is true-I guess they are just floating the idea at the moment.
I doubt the airlines will want to stop flying as they will lose loads of money.

Money again..

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

Oh yea, LOL. That

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
China's National Health Commission will start releasing coronavirus updates twice a day at 8 a.m. and 3 p.m., according to state-run media. Until now there was only 1 national update a day.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Today the UK foreign office has updated its travel advice to China:

Its new advice warns against "all but essential travel to the rest of mainland China (not including Hong Kong and Macao)".
It warns the Chinese government is imposing further restrictions on movement, adding: "It may become harder over the coming weeks for those who wish to leave China to do so."
The FCO is arranging to evacuate Britons from Wuhan and the surrounding Hubei province, urging those who want to leave to contact the British consulate before 11:00 local time on Wednesday.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
@BNODesk

Coronavirus update:
- 5,572 confirmed cases
- 131 fatalities
- 1,109 in serious/critical condition
- Majority of cases in China
- 59 international cases
- 15 countries reporting cases
twitter.com...