It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Stay safe. Scary times. #nomorehandshakes

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I’m more nervous, a coworker was asked to self quarantine because she was in contact with a family member who just returned from China.

Being that I speak Chinese, I talk to others who do regularly at work to practice. Fortunately I didn’t speak with her in the last week but she sits 1 cube away from me.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   
double post
edit on 28-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Dupe

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I’m more nervous, a coworker was asked to self quarantine because she was in contact with a family member who just returned from China.

Being that I speak Chinese, I talk to others who do regularly at work to practice. Fortunately I didn’t speak with her in the last week but she sits 1 cube away from me.

it takes two weeks to show symptoms

Edit to add that i don't mean that you have it of course. Just to check if she is showing any symptoms.
edit on 28-1-2020 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Shanghai composite futures are green today

Yeah this is a BIG BIG nothing burger cant wait to laugh at this thread

I actually hope you're right, but unfortunately you're not.
Shutting down China is not a nothing burger.
Unless you're aware of the Chinese doing these unprecedented precautions in the past?

When one of your relatives dies from this is it still a BIG nothing burger?

Newsflash: Your not a god and don't know everything.
edit on 28-1-2020 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A video on twitter is allegedly showing thousands of crows flying to Wuhan because they're attracted by the smell of death.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Just saw biblical flocks of crows over Hubei province on another site;Randall Flagg comes to mind

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Been following this for the last few days. My heart sank when i finally saw the little orange blob on the UK this afternoon.

Wonder what the map will look like tomorrow when I wake up. Its funny because a lot of co-workers, friends etc seem to be laughing this off. To me it feels different. I feel on a knife edge whether to start stockpiling this week or hold out a little longer and see if it goes away?

Unprecedented times... stay safe all

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wtf people...

Seriously...

Not one single person outside of China has died. Not one.

Get a grip. Yes, until lots of cases start getting reported and deaths start occurring... just, get a grip.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There's a flight from Wuhan to Anchorage with evacuated Americans.

No offence, but I wouldn't want to be near those people, or anything they have touched. I also don't think they are going to be all tested, despite the normal temperature readings.

Here you can track the flight

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
A video on twitter is allegedly showing thousands of crows flying to Wuhan because they're attracted by the smell of death.

twitter.com...

I just read this time of a year, a bunch of birds migrate through Wuhan.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

We've been at 5 for 3 days here in the US so I'm not freaking out .

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Thanks I’m aware of the 2 weeks. Been following this since early Jan, wife is from China.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

No offence, but I wouldn't want to be near those people, or anything they have touched. I also don't think they are going to be all tested, despite the normal temperature readings.

I think expats in China need to do the decent thing and stay put for now. I think its selfish to come home until it all settles down out there

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The virus map I mentioned the other day is getting pretty scary-over the last few days china has mushroomed with cases.
It looks like a petri dish with bacteria growing all over it.
Not that far from the truth I suppose.

gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com...#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Its got much worse in the last 2 days,I hope it does not continue to grow at the same rate,its almost exponential.

I don't like the sound of those crows one bit..I was hoping they were I migratory species of crow,but theres no such thing-they just go where the food is.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingDoey

I think expats in China need to do the decent thing and stay put for now. I think its selfish to come home until it all settles down out there

Exactly! Since we don't know everything about how this spreads. Could be on one of their baggages, clothes etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I don't think it would be a stretch to add Anchorage to the map of suspected cases, at least until they prove otherwise.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64
a reply to: Marlborough Red

He says he has nit drunk any alcohol today other than a few pints of strongbow cider and no human to human intercourse since his wife left him two months ago.

It sounds like a snake bite, you'll have to suck the poison out.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Wtf people...

Seriously...

Not one single person outside of China has died. Not one.

Get a grip. Yes, until lots of cases start getting reported and deaths start occurring... just, get a grip.

Yes we're sure not one single person died when it was 1st discovered in China either, what an ignorant thing to say.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Some of that was me, however I noted earlier I think that it was an unconfirmed rumor. There is a continuity of operations island in Pearl River Delta bear Qinghai because there was a big news story in 2015 on Chinese TV about it. I was living near Qinghai at that time.

There’s no way to confirm this. Chinese TV and media routinely recycle footage, not saying the clip you’re referring to is specifically. They could have had the WHO guy in Qinghai and just told everyone he was in Beijing.

Good Night(at least here in Portugal), dear SS

Many tanx for your kind attention and honesty on replying personally to me with your humbleness and personal point of views.
Ok, i undertsand and of course respect your point of view.
But being myself a very positive and optimistic person, and besides the fact i respect all opinions here, except those who offend, are racist or dont follow the main basic rules of respecting each others races, opinions and cultures, i keep the very optimism that soon or later things start to become more peaceful, calm and steady, be it with a cure, vaccine, type of treatment, health discovery or even a kind of virus weaken/mutation, wich are not at all impossible to happen in a very short distant time from now.
And of course keeping in my mind and heart a pray and sad sentiment for all of those already deceased, and hoping for a very fast and total recovery of those still in Hopsitals and clinics.
However there is one thing here on this very thread that really makes me feel very sad...maybe its a deep wrong impression of myself and i, but sometimes i have the tendency here to feel that some posts/members here start to treat people, citizens, and persons as only a number...of course numbers are very important to get a real diagnosis from any given problem, but maybe im wrong or some posts have the inappropriate tendency to fall in the "today we had *** ill, XXXX Deceased, etc" tomorrow we will have more **** ill, more XXXX deceased, and Yuuppiiii, i won, i said todays were XXX deceased and yeessss, i only failed by 5 or 6...!???
We are talking about persons, real lifes, family, love&friendship...not peanuts...
Just my 5 cents for now on...Peace

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join