It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Darned Millennials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

I barely do have the energy to drag myself out of bed every morning. I would need a 26 year old female jockey.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

It wasn't easy for me or the people I was around in my age group. Some of us got lucky and had parents who were local politicians, and some had parents that owned their own business that they eventually ended up running or started their own. A LOT of them went to school and are now single moms or dads with more debt than they know what to do with. The rest of us that didn't wind up dead or in jail ended up joining the military.

That's my story. So, I have the Tennessee Promise, Montgomery GI Bill, and Post 9/11 Bill to use towards school. I've been married once before, but she cared more about social media and started entertaining other dudes among some other personal stuff so I divorced her.

I may be starting school late, but I'm only just about thirty. I believe I'll be fine.

It sounds like you're doing well for yourself.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I have no doubt you could find someone willing to do that for the right price. There's a sugardaddy website for all your sugardaddy needs

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Haha I think I've still got about thirty or forty years until I can grow into my old man shoes. I tried yelling at some kids a few weeks ago to get off my property and it just didn't feel natural.

This summer, cut your grass with one of those old fashioned reel mowers. You'll be yelling at people who are just driving by your lawn.

I’m old I guess.

I yell at the grass to get of my lawn!

Lags

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

This week I am fulfilling my final job as executor of my late mothers will, by

handing over a cheque to my youngest grandaughter who has only recently

graduated and started her first 'proper' job (she worked part time while at uni.)

She is in the process of buying a small house and this is to be her deposit.

This got me thinking...... at her age I had lost my first child and was pregnant

with my fourth (her mother) I don't get how people say it is harder for them?

LOL
I get the physical attraction of younger women.
But....

This guy got it.
Older women

After my divorce I never dated a man that was less than 10yrs

younger than me!!!!

(never could manage to insert a video, cause I'm old! LOL)

I CAN
but still dont/wont have a mobile phone.

edit on 24-1-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Haha I think I've still got about thirty or forty years until I can grow into my old man shoes. I tried yelling at some kids a few weeks ago to get off my property and it just didn't feel natural.

This summer, cut your grass with one of those old fashioned reel mowers. You'll be yelling at people who are just driving by your lawn.

I’m old I guess.

I yell at the grass to get of my lawn!

Lags

Pave it with concrete and paint it green.
End of problem.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: BlissSeeker

So if 26-40 year olds are in the same generation does that mean my 39 year old ass can date a 26 year old?

Knock yourself out. My 35 year old ass is married to a 48 year old crotchety coot, 14 year anniversary later this summer.
I still think he married me for the perkier 20-something boobs back then

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I didn't start school until 29, so there's no issues there. It got better for me, hopefully it does for you and your peers as well. It seems like it gets easier, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel, as long as you have the right mindset as it sounds like you do.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
As I get older I notice I am trying to get back to the roots... I want to move out of town into the mountains. I want older things like a wood stove, my smoker, a garden and animals...

I just used the Amazon app to drone deliver one of those tin horns to you at your Unabomber cabin.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

As I get older I notice I am trying to get back to the roots... I want to move out of town into the mountains. I want older things like a wood stove, my smoker, a garden and animals...

I just used the Amazon app to drone deliver one of those tin horns to you at your Unabomber cabin.

You clutter your phone with apps when a website suffices?

You need some lessons from a millennial.

Also, thanks for the tin horn. Since I have to pay for therapy to deal with my millennial life woes, but don't have health insurance because I refuse to work for the man.... Every little bit helps... Lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick

I didn't start school until 29, so there's no issues there. It got better for me, hopefully it does for you and your peers as well. It seems like it gets easier, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel, as long as you have the right mindset as it sounds like you do.

I do well right now... I have a full time with full bennies and decent pay, but I'm a busy body and have something else on the side to make sure I pay off my car and get positioned for a house and or land.

I'm at a crossroad between going back to school on the side or leveraging my retirement to start a business. I've given myself a year to figure it out.

While I don't think today's economic environment is ideal, and it doesn't seem to resemble what we used to have (going off of what older generations say the way things used to be), I still think if people are motivated, have work ethic, and a good head on their shoulders, you can still get where you want to be.

Unfortunately many have fallen into the trap of entitlement. Thinking they deserve something without working for it and earning it.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

So if 26-40 year olds are in the same generation does that mean my 39 year old ass can date a 26 year old?

Knock yourself out. My 35 year old ass is married to a 48 year old crotchety coot, 14 year anniversary later this summer.

You're selling yourself shorter than where those puppies sit now.... Lol, kidding, that was just meant to be a knee slapper bud ump ttssst.

Seriously though, if you two made it 14 years... It was never just about some tits. I can tell by your comments you got a lot of depth to ya... And while we may not always agree, I always admire someone who isn't afraid to be themselves and explore the world with a curious mind. No one on earth would put up with someone just for some physical assets for more than a decade... And if they were willing to, you wouldn't be able to put up with them and their shallowness.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You're selling yourself shorter than where those puppies sit now.... Lol, kidding, that was just meant to be a knee slapper bud ump ttssst.

That's the problem, brohan, they're sitting on her knees. Gravity, it hates you.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Exactly, you have to bust your rear, but you can do well for yourself in this environment. Is it as cushy as a 20 year with a pension at the end? Not likely. I spend maybe 2 years in each role I'm in and try to move up each time, which is the norm in my industry (cyber security), and is more the norm for our age brackets as well. It's something I have to actively manage, and keep my network wide, so it does take a lot of work. Is it easier than previous generations or harder? Couldn't tell ya, just have my own experience. Although my 93 year old grandmother seems to think it's harder for us, and my parents haven't really weighed in on it. I will say that I'm doing better than my parents have ever done combined, so it may be easier? Or I may just be more ambitious.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

start a business

One thing trump is doing , though I don't agree with all of the how, Is making it easier for businesses to do what they want.

I'm not sure if that's true of small business though.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Changed my mind
edit on 24-1-2020 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

I'm a boomer and my grandkids' are millennials.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Seriously though, if you two made it 14 years... It was never just about some tits. I can tell by your comments you got a lot of depth to ya... And while we may not always agree, I always admire someone who isn't afraid to be themselves and explore the world with a curious mind. No one on earth would put up with someone just for some physical assets for more than a decade... And if they were willing to, you wouldn't be able to put up with them and their shallowness.

Yeah, I know, I was kidding about the boobs there, hence the smilie

We have plenty of interests in common, so much so that people are surprised. 70's & 80's music, movies & TV I'm big on 'em (classics are classics) I've dropped 70s/80s era pop culture references where doors have been left wide open for them in conversations in public, and had people my age/maybe younger look at me completely baffled. I've joked that I was born about 10 years later than I should have been, lol.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's the problem, brohan, they're sitting on her knees. Gravity, it hates you.

Hey, gravity will get you boys eventually, too. You won't have to play pocket pool, it'll be like playing soccer with your knees while walking.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Said Red Foreman!
Just sayin....

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

this is what the current designations are:

Millennials,