It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FISA court has tossed out the Carter Page warrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Carter Page FISA warrant lacked probable cause, declassified DOJ assessment finds

Slowly but surely, the truth finds a way out. 2 of the 4 warrants used to spy on Carter Page have been declared invalid by the FISA court. The other 2 are likely to get tossed as well.

At least two of the FBI’s surveillance applications to secretly monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page lacked probable cause, according to a newly declassified summary of a Justice Department assessment released Thursday by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC).

The DOJ's determination essentially means that the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrant authorizations to surveil Page, when stripped of the FBI's misinformation, did not meet the necessary legal threshold and should never have been issued.

Carter Page was an FBI asset, until suddenly it became politically expedient to accuse him of being a Russian agent.

Boasberg specifically noted the DOJ found "there was insufficient predication to establish probable cause to believe that Page was acting as an agent of a foreign power."

The FBI used the infamous Steele Dossier as it's "evidence" to justify the surveillance, even though (we now know) they knew it was unreliable garbage.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Going to be hard to continue living in the "collusion" fantasy as warrants continue to be shown fruadulent.

Who am I kidding.... Hillary Clinton herself would could come clean and posters here would claim ' Trump got to her'.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
He's going to be a wealthy man. The Federal Government can also seek retribution from whoever signed off on it to include criminal charges which they should. Make an example of people so it never happens again. Good time to be a D.C. lawyer. Carter's lawyer can likely retire after this one case.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

So this makes the investigation into Trump Illegal? I bet we get a heart felt "sorry, my bad", from the left.

I'd say the only good thing to come from all this, is that in the future, it will/should be much more difficult to get warrants to spy on American Citizens. Even if it's Trump.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is an incredible find, slowly but surely the drip turns to larger drops 😌

This was also a popular leftist talking point and reference too, now it too has been dismantled, very nice.

With the Impeachment charade being exposed and dismal prosecutor performance by Democrat managers, this has been a very good week for Trump in the political spectrum.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
But remember it is all Trump's fault. If he had not tried to clean the swamp, the swamp creatures would not have revolted and tried to destroy him and everyone around him. Lucky that he had the balls and will to keep up with this colon cleanse, many of the people working with him did not want the turmoil the left and media were throwing at them and bailed ship..
edit on 23-1-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
2016 version of Watergate....A Watergate that extended across a good number of agencies that actually worked up until now... Oh there was collusion no doubt now, but not Russian.

edit on 23-1-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So the FISA court's warrant authorizations were passed due to the FBI's misinformation, misrepresentation and falsified evidence. Thank God that there will be an implementation of reforms at the FBI, to make sure this sort of BS doesn't happen again.

Oh wait, me bad....

The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) has stunned court-watchers by selecting David Kris -- a former Obama administration lawyer who has appeared on "The Rachel Maddow Show" and written extensively in support of the FBI's surveillance practices on the left-wing blog Lawfare -- to oversee the FBI's implementation of reforms in the wake of a damning Department of Justice inspector general report last year.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Since those warrants were the foundation of the entire Russiagate investigation, maybe we can make a list of everyone who has grounds to have their convictions or guilty please tossed out.

Pappadopolus, Flynn, and Stone just off the top of my head. Since the entire investigation was built on false pretenses, the process crime they were ensnared by should never have had a chance to occur.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   
James Comey and the people in other agencies like John Brennan, James Clapper, and Loretta Lynch, who fed information to him are in big trouble.

trendingpolitics.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Obama also had an illegal spy warrant issued on Ted Cruz when it looked like he might defeat candidate Trump in the 2016 Republican primary.

qmap.pub...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So this makes the investigation into Trump Illegal? I bet we get a heart felt "sorry, my bad", from the left.

I'd say the only good thing to come from all this, is that in the future, it will/should be much more difficult to get warrants to spy on American Citizens. Even if it's Trump.

Apology? Are you insane? Never.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I checked on that and the portions of the steel dossier they used in the cases for the Russian troll farm and Roger Stone are practically verbatim .

So the left has held that up as confirmation of the dossier .

The thing is did they find that evidence independently ?

Or did they use a false excerpt from the steel dossier and build a case around ?

Either way everything connected to it could end up being ......

The fruit of a poisonous tree

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Now that the FISA applications on Carter Page have been proven illegal, a Congressman on the Senate Intel committee with Adam Schiff, confirmed the validity of this article tonight, on the Hannity TV show.

thefederalist.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
James Comey and the people in other agencies like John Brennan, James Clapper, and Loretta Lynch, who fed information to him are in big trouble.

trendingpolitics.com...[/quo te]

To be honest I seriously doubt it. Ive been reading Deep State Target: How I Got Caught in the Crosshairs of the Plot to Bring Down President Trump. And it lays out a literal coup attempt. Im not sure if i should believe popadopolis but if his book is true he was set up from the beginning.

Ill let you know what i think when i finish. But his boss set up that meeting that they used when he found out he would join the Trump team. He tells him before you go we need you for a meeting the day before he was scheduled to leave for DC. He actually agrees to get on a plane and take a meeting for them. Then of course that meeting leads to him being placed under surveillance. And his boss was friends with Eric Ciaramella our whistle blower.
edit on 1/23/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Wow
So many here were correct for calling out the Obama administration 3 years ago....
Hmm.....imagine that

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Obama also had an illegal spy warrant issued on Ted Cruz when it looked like he might defeat candidate Trump in the 2016 Republican primary.

qmap.pub...

The former potus is in trouble
Its all coming out

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

qmap.pub...

The former potus is in trouble
Its all coming out

Obama will say, "I didn't tell them to lie to get the spy warrants. I just approved the counter-intelligence operation. A President has to sign-off on all counter-intel ops."

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Oh We all know
The daily briefs remember?
Obama was right in the middle of this.
No plausible deniability for obama in this.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: carewemust
Oh We all know
The daily briefs remember?
Obama was right in the middle of this.
No plausible deniability for obama in this.

Oh he will say the birthers made this up and trump is assissting them wit his DOJ

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join