It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the U.S. Senate Acquits President Trump He is No Longer Impeached.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Surely 11 days indicates the importance of needing to uncover truth. And nixon 'was not a crook'

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Alan is correct and if you fix her tense, so is pelosi. This whole thing is just a silly technicality that Pelosi is using to make herself feel better. Impeached is not a thing of guilt, so can't be "removed" like a conviction, nor does it need to.

It is a state that ends at conclusion of trial -- like being arrested, hungry, or pregnant, it is just a current state of being

Bill Clinton was impeached. It will always be true that he was impeached. You can't remove that fact with Bill or Trump or others.

Bill Clinton is not still impeached, but definitely still was impeached. Trump is still impeached -- until the trial concludes.

The only way he could have been "impeached forever" is if they hadn't sent over the articles and the Senate didn't implement rules to dismiss after some period, which is why she tried it.

Even if he was found guilty and removed. He could be "guilty" forever, but not impeached forever.

This is just meaningless wordplay to make some people feel better.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Are you one of those most republicans angry about shillary?

I never would have thought so until now. Say it isnt so.

Hows your view of the wall, by the way. I hear its beautiful.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Between Clinton and Trump.

Clinton is the only prez that comitted CRIMES.

And those were listed in the Articles of Impeachment.

They're not in Trump's case.

But really. The whole impeachment CRAP is just the latest example of the current presidents critics party.

They love turning people in to criminals that aren't.

From Russia with lies to the Northrams in grand ole Viriginia.

edit on 23-1-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Then why no indictments...criminal charges...succesful litigations...?

Are you high? Turning people into criminals?

I hear theres a few russians in virginia. And they love thems guns. So people tell me. And noone talks about it.
edit on 23-1-2020 by sunkuong because: Accuracy

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump stands a good chance of becoming the first President to be impeached, found innocent, and re-elected President in less than a one year time span 😎 😃 🥳

And then probably impeached again in his second term. Always breaking records, that guy. TREMENDOUS PROGRESS!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The question is if the partisan GOP acquits Trump what's to stop him from doing all kinds of illegal stuff to get elected.

And when a democrat does the same thing the better shut the f___ up

Of course, the hypocrites won't.

Just imagine if Hillary or Obama did what Trump did how the GOP would be howling like dogs.

Are you on drugs? Obama spied on Trump to help Hillary and Joe Biden did the quid pro quo y’all are accusing Trump of.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The bottom line is, Pelosi will always be able to say that her House VOTED to IMPEACH Trump and McConnell will always be able to say that his Senate VOTED to ACQUIT the impeachment.

While history will always show that the House TRIED to REMOVE Trump, it will also show that they failed and were not capable of it. Then Pelosi and her House will forever be stained with the humiliation that their failed attempt actually helped to get Trump re-elected.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:58 AM
link   

If you're indicted/arrested, but not convicted/acquitted, your indictment is expunged....like it never happened.

i checked for some states, didn't look at all 50. and as i thought it appears that one has to petition the court.
in the ones i checked every time your arrested,and or indicted, there is a record made of it whether your found guilty or not and you have to court process to have it cleared.

here is a search page that has lots of hits for that.
if found not guilty is your record expunged

here is a link for the last one on that page,

Dismissed Charges or Not Guilty Verdicts.
Many employers access Iowa Courts Online in determining who to hire, renters often check online court records when deciding whom to rent housing to, and other organizations also make decisions based upon a person’s criminal record. It can be very frustrating to be denied a job, position, house, or apartment because of a criminal conviction on your record, but it can be even more frustrating to be denied because an old charge shows up that you didn’t commit. A new law passed in 2015 may be able to help you get rid of those pesky court records once and for all. In order to have the record of a charge expunged several things must first be established:
All of the charges associated with the case must have been dismissed or the defendant must have been acquitted of all charges in the case. For example, if a person had two drug charges filed under one case number as Count I and Count 2 and the person was acquitted of both charges or if both charges were dismissed, the person would qualify to have the records expunged or sealed. If the person was convicted of one of the two charges and found not guilty on the second charge, or if the second charge was dismissed by the prosecutor, the person would not qualify to have the dismissed or not guilty charge expunged from their record since they were found guilty on at least one of the charges in the case.
2.All court costs, fees, and other financial obligations owed by the person seeking the expungement must be paid in full. 3.A minimum of 180 days must have passed since the entry of the judgment of acquittal or the order dismissing the case, unless the court finds good cause to waive that 180-day waiting period (i.e. the person was a victim of identity fraud or mistaken identity).
4.The case was not dismissed due to the defendant being found not guilty by reason of insanity. The defendant was not found incompetent to stand trial in the case.
5.If all these are met, the record would then become a confidential record, exempt from public access and would be removed from Iowa Courts Online.
This law would allow the sealing of all public records for all crimes EXCEPT simple misdemeanor traffic offenses. The law is scheduled to take effect on January 1, 2016.
Expungement

edit on 23-1-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

The Democrats will simply claim the moral high ground, by restricting the term of the trial they've won already.

Thanks for the laugh! That was truly entertaining to read.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Demented Donald will always be known as "the Impeached Idiot". Aka Demented Donald, the man who wanted to buy Greenland. And more fails, if you want to hear them.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Clinton and Johnson are still considered to be impeached and they were acquitted.

EDIT: I rescind my my previous comments about Dershowitz. Apparently he's always backed Trump. I blame that damned Mandela Effect for making me think his support was fairly sudden.
edit on 1/23/2020 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Law Scholar Alan Dershowitz says if President Trump is Acquitted by the Senate, he will no longer have "Impeached" status.

Tell that to Bill.

If this is true,

It's not.

Got a link for that ? 😏

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Kind of like being called a 'rapist' when you were only "accused" and found innocent?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Like obama?

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: neo96

Then why no indictments...criminal charges...succesful litigations...?

Are you high? Turning people into criminals?

I hear theres a few russians in virginia. And they love thems guns. So people tell me. And noone talks about it.

Muh Russia! I'm sure you hear a lot of things on CNN

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Demented Donald will always be known as "the Impeached Idiot". Aka Demented Donald, the man who wanted to buy Greenland. And more fails, if you want to hear them.

That must be why the EU is so mad at the Donald for messing around with the elitist trade deals and making them pay their fair share!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

The bottom line is, Pelosi will always be able to say that her House VOTED to IMPEACH Trump and McConnell will always be able to say that his Senate VOTED to ACQUIT the impeachment.

While history will always show that the House TRIED to REMOVE Trump, it will also show that they failed and were not capable of it. Then Pelosi and her House will forever be stained with the humiliation that their failed attempt actually helped to get Trump re-elected.

interestingly enough, history will show that the democrats spend all of their time during Trump's first term trying to remove him, instead of doing their jobs. I can't imagine them NOT trying to impeach him again after he is re-elected, should they be granted a miracle and keep the majority of the house.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The left is trying to make talking points for 2020 (and beyond).

"We impeached him, but those $%#^@%@$ let him off!!!"

All of this attention and theater, will be reduced to that.

Now, once this "phase" is over, they will try it again, with something else. They have no choice. He is making them look like complete fools. Trump has fundamentally changed politics for the near future. Even with all of the crap that has been thrown at him, he has still done more than anyone else. I have personally made just over $262K in my 401K in the last 3 years. That's pretty much TRIPLE what I've made in YEARS previously. If this keeps up, I will be retiring a lot earlier than I expected to.

How do they turn this around in their favor?

There, right there, is the gazzilion dollar question. Because if they can't, you won't see a viable democratic candidate win for a very long time.

Fred..

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
So im i getting this right? He is a hypocrite and defended Jeffery Epstein? WTF

“It certainly doesn't have to be a crime if you have somebody who completely corrupts the office of president and who abuses trust and who poses great danger to our liberty.”

www.rawstory.com...

And there have been previous accusations against him for extortion regarding Epstein victims.

Why would Trump add this scumbag lawyer to his defense team? Makes me wonder if trump was buddys with these child sex traffickers in the past.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join