It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I see vegans raise arguments such as this all the time, without realizing even their points/biases are limited and exclusive. Plants are living things as well and I have seen scientists that were able to pick up their "aura" if you will, and have found it changes when the plant is being harmed. Almost as if it were feeling "pain." So, shouldn't plants have rights, too? Just where on the intelligence/opposable thumb scale do we draw the line and say what is or what is not all right with respect to killing a living thing? And who gets to decide what measurement that line is and what is above the line or what is below the line? I see vegans all the time speaking out against others who eat animals, but have yet to see one speaking up for plant's rights. Plants need rights too, vegans, if you feel animals do.

The preceeding statement does not reflect the views of this company, it's workers or ME. I'll eat whatever I want because that's the way God intended it to be.

The first time I heard the term "vegan," I just thought it was some Chevrolet Vega car club.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I hate the Earth. It eats all humans. Damn omnivore planets.

BAN THE EARTH!

Jokes aside the real problem is too many humans. Sure not too many for how much land is on the planet, but too many when it comes to sustainable foods and keeping the environment in tact.

I for one am not going to be surprised when we start seeing more coronavirus' getting out and about, whether human made or natural. World is generally good at keeping most animals in check, sadly we've learned to battle it. But end of the day nature will win.

But yes, I foresee a plague of some kind in the near future. With countries now getting into 300 million+ populations and some getting in to the billions something has to give.
At the rate we're going regardless of if you're a meat eater or a vegetarian, humanity is gonna take a wallop be it from disease or from destroying our eco system to keep up with the demand for beef and avocados.

To think, many of the worlds problems could be fixed with a box of condoms. But of course, telling people they should cut down on the breeding never goes well because 'mah rights'.

We're too selfish a creature. Always looking out for ourselves instead of looking out for everybody and the planet.
That's the real problem. People can only see what is right in front of them, and even then they often choose to ignore it.

Making sure you have an overloaded plate and eating more food than you need for cheap at some diner is much more important than ensuring sustainability for the entire species for many in certain nations I guess.

'Man Vs. Food' should be a cautionary ecological tale. It's that kind of eating you see that is at the root of the problem, as well as foods becoming trends and fads. Oh everyone else is eating Avocados? I will too! (not because I want to but because everyone else is.)

We've become too accustomed to getting what we want when we want it. Foods never out of season now. Not when you can export it in from some 3rd world producer when winter hits.....

Maybe we should just suck it up and eat other things when our favorites are out of season. We'd probably appreciate them more when they came back on the shelves the following year that's for sure.

But we won't. Because me me me me me. I want it and I want it now.
The spoiled bratty child we westerners have become hey?
edit on 26-1-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: typos. they haunt me.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You don’t have to be a vegetarian or vegan to love animals.

Vegans had a bad rap because some can act very superior and treat those who aren't vegan like they are monsters. It is a great thing to be a vegan because animal cruelty is such an important issue, and it is incredibly unnecessary for us to treat them with so much cruelty when it has been proven that there are alternatives. However, it does not mean we have to cut off using animal products completely.

I fully believe that for some being a vegan or vegetarian is a great thing that more people should consider. But I am also fully aware of how some in the vegan community can take their ethical views and alienate people who eat meat. This is not right.

I have seen slogans that say that “you can’t love animals if you eat them.” This is an incredibly ignorant and unfair thing to say.

It is not eating meat that is the problem. Humans eating meat is a part of the circle of life. Animals eat other animals. People always seem to forget that humans are also animals. There is nothing wrong with eating other animals. The thing is, humans can be cruel and greedy. It is okay for us to eat animals; it is not okay for us to mistreat those animals before we do so.

The problem is not eating meat. It is eating too much of it--which is not good for our environment--and allowing food industries to beat, confine, and basically poison the animals we eat. This is not healthy for anyone. Humans do not have to stop eating meat. What they can do is be more conscious of the companies they purchase it from, and how much they consume.

What you can do as a meat eater, as an animal lover, or as both (because you can be both), is make sure to buy meats that say free-range, with no added hormones, pasture-raised, grass-fed, organic, or with humane certifications. I know that there are those that argue that more ethical products are more expensive--but the thing is, ethical products are also far healthier, and by supporting their businesses, it will create an incentive for more companies to go the ethical route. It will expand the market for ethical products, which will eventually lead to lower prices.

And not all ethical products are more expensive.

Try not to write off those who consume animal products because, it is a part of the circle of life. The focus should not be trying to turn everyone into a vegan, but instead on creating more incentive and support for ethical products.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

here, here

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join