It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrites

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

originally posted by: Edumakated

a reply to: Edumakated

You are not calling me self-righteous, are you?

Wild animals work on instinct. They have no choice - humans do.

Yes, I am calling you self-righteous.

You only have a choice because food is so plentiful that you can delude yourself into thinking you don't have to eat meat to survive.

We are wired to eat meat. Humans are omnivores.

Like I said, I could careless what kind of dietary restrictions you choose. Just don't throw it in our face because I enjoy a bloody ribeye slathered with butter and pepper. I can just smell that charred flesh. My mouth is watering as I type.

You are bitter and extremely rude and it's completely uncalled for.
No where in MY post did request that anyone "Accept" my dietary choices and no where in my post did I throw ANYTHING in any-ones face! Please, show me legitimate scientific proof that we are "wired to eat meat" or that a human can't survive and be healthy on a non-meat diet. How dare you judge me based on an on-line post. I suggest that you double your dose and go back to sleep! Please, spare me your own angry opinion on the matter. Jerk!

I think you like me.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

What about the cries of the carrots? Oh their tortured screams!

TOOL

"Disgustipated"

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber.
And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself.
And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest.
And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil.
One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots!
You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust."

And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared,
"Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you!
Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life...

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...
[x3]

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on life!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Oh lovely, a soapbox. Hate to break it to the OP, but nobody gives a flying # about them, regardless of what the blowhard yammering away thinks.

But since she took the time to delude herself into thinking anybody actually cares, I can answer with an equally similar stance. Yeah, I like meat, I like my pets, too. I'm not going to eat my pets, they're cute, and give me joy. I don't have nor want cows or chickens, etc for pets, so I'm going to eat them. "Livestock" and "domesticated" are two completely different purposes.

A more simplistic retort would be liking your own kids, but not giving two s#s about anybody else's kids. I fit that one well -- I like my kids, and do not give two craps about yours. End of story. I don't like kids in general that much. Just my own. Same with animals here, I like my pets, thus I'm not going to eat them. Although, if I were in Peru, I'd be eating Cuy (watch heads explode when the vegans google that one) and since I've lived in South Korea and we literally bought our dog there at a meat market, I've probably had dog meat at some point over there. I'm not getting my nose bent about it. That was food there. Big deal.

Nobody cares about your dietary preferences. You live, then you die. And if you had grandkids, you'll be forgotten after that as ever having existed. Your opinions are not that impactful in the long run. Life is that blunt.
edit on 1/22/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Gobble gobble gobble. Gobble gobble. Gobble gobble, gobble gobble gobble, gobble gobble.

Gobble gobble gobble. Gobble gobble. Gobble gobble, gobble gobble gobble, gobble gobble. Gobble gobble gobble. Gobble gobble. Gobble gobble, gobble gobble gobble, gobble gobble.

Gobble gobble.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Hecate666
This has to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read in my life.

So is your original post.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am sorry you are upset. I think I can ease your pain some. Eating meat is a divine offering. It's mandated by God. And I can prove it. If God didn't intend for us to eat animals, he would not have made them out of meat.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I find it weird that some people think it's bad to eat one life but okay to eat another life. The way I see it, I think all life is sacred. It's good to respect nature and thank your higher power for the sustenance provided to you whether it is vegetables or not.

I say if you dont like the way the meat you eat is killed then kill your own meat. Then pray and give thanks to the animals who provided the meat.

I could argue that it is the vegetarians that are the guilty ones. They feed on the innocent and defenseless vegetables. At least the meat I hunt has a chance to run away and could even be argued that the meat I hunt is also guilty of eating of the innocent and defenceless vegetables....And so therefore I am there to make sure they pay for their sins of the eating of the innocent with their life!

And I shall bare down upon them with great vengeance and furious anger! And they will know my name is the carnivore when I lay my vengeance upon thee!

...and then give thanks of course

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
No, that isn't it. If God didn't want us to eat meat he would have given them the ability to shoot back.

(post by Skorpiogurl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
When I was very young, my father took me to the top of a high hill and told me that one day I would rule all that the light touches. He then explained how carnivores work in harmony with the land to maintain a balance in the ecosystem. He called this process "The Circle of Life".

Very true. But the circle of life has been pretty much exploited and destroyed! If beings were born naturally, and hunted/used for every bit, and left to replenish that would be fine. Sadly not the case any more.

(post by Skorpiogurl removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

But since she took the time to delude herself into thinking anybody actually cares

I don’t think she’s under delusion.. and quite frankly I care what she has to say about what she sees as hypocrites.
She brings a lot of truth to the table about horrible abuse of animals in the industries that provide them for us.

It’s unfortunate she is being stomped on like a baby chick for simply caring about animal cruelty to be stopped.

ETA: Other peoples kids can be so awesome and inspiring.

edit on 22-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Don’t let the negativity get to you Skorpiogurl . 😕

You’re a great human being with an awesome heart for animals.

I understand your frustration with those who are trying to diminish your point.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Some people can be so heartless and uncaring about animal cruelty or even the cruelty to other humans.. especially the most vulnerable, like children.

Makes one wonder what type of example they do set for their children who they allegedly love.
oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️.. you can pick your friends.. but you can’t pick family. 😒

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

pizza is not american - hot dogs are, as is eating crap food when one has money...money spent on cars, phones and internet should be used for food first, good food, especially for children.
edit on 1/22/2020 by BlissSeeker because: cuz

edit on 1/22/2020 by BlissSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/22/2020 by BlissSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My mom is one of those - really bad for the relationship.

Americans don't get Ahimsa (for those who don't know this tenet of yoga, it means non violent thinking, speaking and action - killing anything is violent and requires a violent mind while entrenching itself in violence - it's not Ghandi's pacifism) and get very self righteous when their ways are questioned. Everyone knows in their heart that cruelty is wrong but helplessness and embarrassment create fear and fear results in anger.

The elites have manipulated and hidden the truth of who and what we are. to make us violent - reduce us to animals. Until people understand, they will live in this world of hypocrisy and quarrel - Kali yuga. My param guru said people are causing problems in heaven because the want to bring their dogs. Problem is animals are spirit sparks with paths of their own, they are not meant to be slaves to humans, they are meant to help. People get too attached to their pets and fall further down the vortex of material attachment.

Native peoples say animals are here to serve and should be treated with respect - you might know there are two leggeds, four legged, winged and rock people in the language of the indiginous. Without them, humans would die and we should think about that.

If people knew how good a paneer steak with bbq sauce tastes, i'm pretty certain they'd give up meat but the US cattle ranchers won't let that happen yet.

Apologies for rambling

edit on 1/22/2020 by BlissSeeker because: structure

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

Native peoples say animals are here to serve and should be treated with respect - you might know there are two leggeds, four legged, winged and rock people in the language of the indiginous. Without them, humans would die and we should think about that.

You can't lump Native Americans into one large catagory. There are 573 tribes and Pueblos in N. America and some of them used to be cannibals and ritually Human sacrifice other captive tribes. We should think about that!!

edit on 22-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Hi SG.
Do you slaughter your own plants and veggies ?

Have you ever considered that plants and veggies are much more ancient and evolved, than any animal ?

Would it be fair to say that you don't love plants and veggies ?

What's left: fruits, beans, corn, rice, and nuts ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join