It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is coronavirus and how worried should we be?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Update: It now stands that four people are being tested for suspected coronavirus in Scotland(UK), according to the head of infection medicine at the University of Edinburgh. He said three cases are in Edinburgh and the other is believed to be in Glasgow. Tests are currently being carried out and none of the patients have been confirmed as having the disease.

They all traveled to Scotland from Wuhan, within the past two weeks and are showing symptoms of respiratory trouble, a red flag for the virus.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think its like a cold so im sure everything will be fine.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's like WW3, which was just a few weeks ago so we'll be just fine.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It’s more contagious than Spanish Flu was per WHO.

This one’s gonna be bad folks. Cases in Texas and New Jersey reported. It was in US and other countries last week before China sounded the alarm.

It is too late. Best Hope is it can be limited from spreading.

I’m considering keeping my kids home from school if we have cases in my state. And I will stop taking bus to work and drive instead.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Amazing how every super-virus elicits so much fear. Even from those who are shortening their own life spans, by drinking too much, smoking, eating at McDonalds, etc..

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Amazing how every super-virus elicits so much fear. Even from those who are shortening their own life spans, by drinking too much, smoking, eating at McDonalds, etc..

The stress of being a worrywart also triggers a bunch of stuff you don't really want out of whack in the body. Cortisol in excess does not do a body good, it's shooting yourself in the foot & creating a self-fulfilling prophecy. I.E, those that stress themselves the hell out over something medical are much more likely to have it come to fruition for them.

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You forgot sitting in traffic.

That will take as many hours off your life as smoking.

The world is a dangerous place, and nobody is getting out alive.

May as well fill our boots whilst we have the opportunity to dance in the Sun is my thinking on the matter.
edit on 25-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

While on the other hand, breathing more smog and having a very (a layer of particulates) dirty skin will decrease the chances you get infected.
Not to say it is a good idea to smoke 2 packs of cigs a day when a pandemia is near, but ..

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
New confirmed case in my home state, AZ.

It’s been upgraded.

Hearing secondary nearly infection rates between 20-85%. SARS and common flu are lower.

Mortality rate between 15-20%. SARS was 12%.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

The new virus does not appear to be as deadly as MERS with a 34% mortality rate, or SARS with around 10%.

The coronavirus death rate is apparently around 4% but its ability to spread is getting stronger.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Depends on where you read it seems, we see different numbers everywhere.

Only sure thing based on social media from China, it’s much worse than CCP is telling. Reports as many as 100k infected. So definitely lying going on.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
China: Death toll from Corona virus jumps to 80, more than 2,700 new cases surfaced

The death toll from Corona virus in China on Monday to reached to 80 with hundreds of new infections reported as major countries stepping up efforts to evacuate their citizens from Wuhan.

The deadly virus causing fear nationwide has prompted authorities to impose transport curbs around China to cut off transmission routes, and extend a national holiday to delay people travelling back to work.

With many thousands of foreigners trapped in the ground-zero city of Wuhan, which is under a virtual lockdown, the United States and France were among several countries formulating plans to evacuate their citizens by plane.With the coronavirus also expanding globally, World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus headed to Beijing to meet with government officials on the crisis.

"My WHO colleagues and I would like to understand the latest developments and strengthen our partnership with China in providing further protection against the outbreak," he said on Twitter.

The new additions to China’s death toll came entirely from the epicentre province of Hubei, which on Monday reported 24 fresh fatalities.Most fatalities and overall cases have been in Hubei, and the government says the deaths have largely been elderly or people already weakened by pre-existing health conditions.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

Pakistan English News
edit on 1/27/2020 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

The thing is going to run its course just like any other virus.

There is always lying going on, that's just how Humanity travels, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
How does it compare to the HIV/AIDs pandemic - you know, the one which has killed over 75 million people to date?

Nobody seems to be mentioning the HIV/AIDs pandemic during these discussion, which I find suspiciously odd...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The new virus does not appear to be as deadly as MERS with a 34% mortality rate, or SARS with around 10%.

The coronavirus death rate is apparently around 4% but its ability to spread is getting stronger.

And pray tell, what was the death rate during the HIV/AIDs pandemic - you know, that virus which has killed over 75 million people...

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IndigoLLC

Well according to "The Global Burden of Disease" study almost one million(954,000) people died from HIV/AIDS in 2017.

What's your point, flu, and full-blown AIDS are kind of apples and oranges, are they not?

You don't catch HIV or AIDS via someone sneezing or coughing on you, you ken that right?
edit on 29-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Update: First two cases of coronavirus confirmed in UK.

news.sky.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
As of February 28, 2020, there are 83,379 confirmed cases and 2,858 deaths. And there are already 2,022 confirmed cases in South Korea. I just hope this wont worsen.

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This thing won't wipe us out. Chill people,chill.
There are far worse things happening out there, and everyone freaks out about the COVID-19.
Australia was burning for 6 months until the situation made some waves in the news, but a new virus comes, and everyone forgets about the fires.
There's wars going on in most Islamic countries, but people started to S*%^ their pants over a virus.
Wear a mask, wash your hands, and carry on with your life as usual. Don't you see they try to control us through fear?

posted on Feb, 28 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why is there not all of this hysteria every year for the Flu. The Flu Hospitalizes hundreds of thousands of people every year and have deaths in the 10s of thousand. How much of this is political hysteria? How much of this is for doom and gloom pron? Is it just because this virus is newer? The whole situation just seems like an inflated situation to cause panic and take attention off of other things.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join