It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is coronavirus and how worried should we be?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Okay, so this IS concerning issue, enough so that we are getting several threads on it, plus media has been dabbing here and there with it.

Truth is, with the largest population centers in China, there is some seriousness funkyness incubating among those bodies.

I've been reading that this is easily transmitted through simply breathing on someone, NOT GOOD.

If this continues, perhaps manufacturing may be affected? The Virus could probably be boxed up by accident with the air, survive overseas to some poor sap opening his order and taking a deep breath of that initial chinese air locked away in those order bags, BOOM Coronovirus.

No sirs.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Hi andy06shake good posting and something by the sounds of it we should be very worried about. Jeremy Vine had some geezer on earlier who was an 'expert' on these things and they are having millions of Chinese flying all over the world........................ When we do the checks in the West at the airports they can't detect the illnesses as they mutate or something well AFTER even the longest flights and airports screenings. So they are sending these peoples all over the world jeez it's a Commie Plot! Trump if your's reading these ATS, BUILD THAT WALL around China and it's not only economic please!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The books are alway better.

The movie was indeed rather watchable.

I liked Stephen King's "Cat's Eye" also if im honest.

Anyhoo i seem to be somewhat going off-topic.

My bad.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

the Great Wall of China is making more sense to me

Make Chinas Wall GREAT Again lol

edit on 1222020 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Fish-flu is pretty serius if you ask me it’s going tonramp up fast

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Yes, unfortunately, i don't see walls stopping Coronavirus much.

No Commie Plots but it does seem to be a concern to watch out for.
edit on 22-1-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

This 'expert' listening too earler said it might be somethinh to do with humans encroaching on the animal kingdom and having wiped out 60% of all vertibates in our lifetime this was theanimal kingdom striking back at us! Crazy

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   

They said something about loads of Chinese moving all over the place for their new year will spread it everywhere
I never saw a Chinese when I was a kid except in the local Sunny Hill takeaway. Just Caucasians, Indian/Pakistanis and caribeans and Irish back in the olden days in Britain ............................... You now see Chinese everywhere around here they'll be spreading it everywhere

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Aye, Life always finds a niche, macro or micro, it's apt to fill it somehow.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

yes the books are always better. my favorite was the Darktower series. didn't see the movie, heard that it was a stinker.

shame really cause, cause 3 of the actors are really good at their craft in my book.

now i'll stop.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The symptoms REALLY sound like what 3 of my kids had over the last 2 weeks. Like identical. I took the first one to the doctor and she was tested for flu and strep throat, both came back negative. So cold meds, vaporub, ibuprofen, and 7 days on the couch. Somehow my wife and I, and the other kid didn't get it.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Just keep in mind that its people who will ultimately spread the disease not just Chinese.

The world spun mate, all sorts of different colours and creeds all over the globe these days, and i would not wish to see it any other way.

I'm from Glasgow i remember Chinese people here, as far back as the 80s, not sure about before that, but my first Job at 16 was for a guy named Mr Lim in a Chinese food market affair.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Get well soon LordAhriman kids.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The symptoms REALLY sound like what 3 of my kids had over the last 2 weeks. Like identical. I took the first one to the doctor and she was tested for flu and strep throat, both came back negative. So cold meds, vaporub, ibuprofen, and 7 days on the couch. Somehow my wife and I, and the other kid didn't get it.

You probably didn't get it because it's something that you've already had and built immunity against.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Guess what? Antibiotics don't work! Know why? It's a virus, and antibiotics never, every worked on them.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Think they are remaking "The Stand" if you are interested.

Aye Spanish flu was a bad one, lucky indeed that it became less deadly in subsequent iterations.

Read hound dog's post and thought of the first line of the book The Stand.

This is how the world ends Not with a bang but a whimper.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Just like with meningitis, there are both viral and bacterial types of pneumonia. Bacterial pneumonia is a common secondary infection to colds and flu just like sinus infections, but whether or not we'rye talking antibiotic resistant would depend on what strains.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well, i don't need to guess much, after reading the posts.

Apparently you get better when the viral infection has run its course.

But if it leads to other complications like bacterial pneumonia, aka inflammation of the lungs due to bacterial infection, im apt to think some form of antibiotic might be on the cards, if they can find one that works.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Okay, so this IS concerning issue, enough so that we are getting several threads on it, plus media has been dabbing here and there with it.

Truth is, with the largest population centers in China, there is some seriousness funkyness incubating among those bodies.

I've been reading that this is easily transmitted through simply breathing on someone, NOT GOOD.

If this continues, perhaps manufacturing may be affected? The Virus could probably be boxed up by accident with the air, survive overseas to some poor sap opening his order and taking a deep breath of that initial chinese air locked away in those order bags, BOOM Coronovirus.

No sirs.

LOL that's ridiculous no way that it's that communicable as I look down at a box of samples for work that arrived from China. Maybe Ill get the intern to open these, LOL and where is my Germ X, Hibicleanse and Bleach

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I certainly agree with your second sentence.

But i would not get too worried just yet, as anything able to put a significant dent in our numbers would probably need to be of the airborne variety and this spreads via contact, to date anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join