It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi crown prince 'hacked Jeff Bezos's phone with WhatsApp message'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Jeff Bezos’s mobile phone was hacked with a WhatsApp message sent from a number belonging to Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, it has been claimed.

The Amazon boss and world’s richest man had intimate photos and messages stolen in 2018 after an infected video file was sent to his phone, according to The Guardian.

Saudi crown prince 'hacked Jeff Bezos's phone with WhatsApp message'

Wow, this is pretty big as it ties up a lot of things in the Kashoggi murder. In addition, though, is the assertion that just after the hack is when those text messages of Bezos affair was leaked to the press.

Seems MBS holds a grudge! As Bezos owns the WaPo and they were critical of MBS....and published stories written by Kashoggi. THis out to be interesting.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Another link in case the first is pay walled....

www.theguardian.com...

Looks like the US has asked the UN to get involved as forensics tie the phone malware to an Italian firm....and also used Isreali malware.

www.google.com...

(post by odzeandennz removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Jeff Bezos uses WhatsApp to cheat on his wife?

I guess we all really do put our pants on one leg at a time.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one forced whatsapp to fix this already known flaw.

Reuters

WhatsApp sued Israeli surveillance firm NSO Group on Tuesday, accusing it of helping government spies break into the phones of roughly 1,400 users across four continents in a hacking spree whose targets included diplomats, political dissidents, journalists and senior government officials.

In a lawsuit filed in federal court in San Francisco, messaging service WhatsApp, which is owned by Facebook Inc (FB.O), accused NSO of facilitating government hacking sprees in 20 countries. Mexico, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain were the only countries identified.

NSO came under particularly harsh scrutiny over the allegation that its spyware played a role in the death of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was murdered at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul a little over a year ago.

Note these are allegations... Though there is quite a bit of stories over the course of time, and third party analysts that would have me lean towards whatsapp is and has been compromised.
edit on 22-1-2020 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Shhh.... It's the Saudis.

Worst case scenario, we hand them more weapons and they're our friends!

Thanks trump

Just go ahead and thank every president post WWII. They all kissed the Saudi's hand.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I could see that up until the eighties or so...but not now. We did.sell.them some new F15's though. So this will be a titan of a fight

SA/DOD vs. Amazon.

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Please tell we that Trump.has to do wigh the OP. Or was that a troll comment?

a reply to: odzeandennz

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
For real. But then again, so does the crown price of saudi arabia.

It will be interesting to see if the UN has the cajones to investigate.....or whatever the UN actually does.

reply to: DanDanDat

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

How do you decide from which country malware originates?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
I could see that up until the eighties or so...but not now. We did.sell.them some new F15's though. So this will be a titan of a fight

SA/DOD vs. Amazon.

DOD and Amazon are in many ways synonymous now. AWS hosts CIA cloud, Amazon provides their facial recognition broad spectrum to government agencies, and they also have a large portion of the cloud sector which I wouldn't be surprised if they give access to alahabets for data mining.

I highly doubt anyone will bat an eye out SA though. Their citizens commit crimes and get airlifted outof the US. They killed a US resident journalist abroad (Saudi citizen though for context)... And there have been allegations of hits on dissidents in the US (again, Saudi citizens).

They aren't to be touched unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I guess by reading the article.

a reply to: Daalder

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Nope...to much money and too many politicians on their payroll.

Which is crazy seeing at how little.oil we import from them now.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Nope...to much money and too many politicians on their payroll.

Which is crazy seeing at how little.oil we import from them now.

It's not about the oil anymore... They're an adversary to Iran... So we seem to be aligned by proxy.

Which pains me to see that our hands have been involved in Yemen by association and trade. But, I guess that's worth it for many politicians to spite Iran.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

This is actually potentially an even bigger story. Bin Salman allegedly sent Bezos a video link (funny picture style) - once clicked on it activated the spyware.

Why could this be bigger? Because who else had Bin Salman been wooing over the last 2 years? Yep, Jared Kushner.....

I would bet every penny i own that the US Intelligence Agencies are scrambling like mad today!
edit on 22-1-2020 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Why could this be bigger? Because who else had Bin Salman been wooing over the last 2 years? Yep, Jared Kushner.....

I've read stories trying to connect the two.

So far it seems circumstantial.

What would be the motive? What would a CEO have on his phone aside from personally embarrassing pictures/conversations?

If he had anything of importance, I'd venture to guess it would be in an encrypted app.

I'm low on the totem pole for a corporation and have to abide by rigorous security protocol for anything outside my companies internal cyber environment. Accessing data from outside of work takes two step verification.

I could very well be wrong, humans have a way of messing up anything... But Kushner talking to foreigners on an app doesn't equate to involvement of an alleged breach. If they want to push that story, I want to see proof.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thats what I was thinking. And this has been known for a while so why release the story on the day of the impeachment trial?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Thats what I was thinking. And this has been known for a while so why release the story on the day of the impeachment trial?

Your answer is probably in your question.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? WhatsApp was/is probably infiltrated by one or more intelligence agencies and had/has no intentions to close that hole without opening a new one.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join