It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird News Story (very strange)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The only reason law enforcement would telegraph something like this to the family is to gauge their reaction(s).

They were/are suspects.

If the feds have found some new info, they do this and see who in the family gets hinky.

Even if they have no new info/evidence, they can still see who starts sweating.

It's a common technique.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Thank goodness I was starting to think I was on crazy pills lol

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:35 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

The only reason law enforcement would telegraph something like this to the family is to gauge their reaction(s).

They were/are suspects.

If the feds have found some new info, they do this and see who in the family gets hinky.

Even if they have no new info/evidence, they can still see who starts sweating.

It's a common technique.

This was my first thought as well. If they had something to do with it, can you imagine the temptation to go peek where the body was, or bolt for another country.
Hopefully it’s good news like the “other” Smart girl case. Elizabeth Smart story was a media frenzy, so maybe...

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I am the "OP"...and I said exactly zero about Trump, and I didn't post the story for click bait. It's a real news story. This story has nothing to do with Trump!

Why would you write a mod about me????

edit on 1/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Interestingly enough the wiki for this case states the parents were advised by the FBI to maybe leave town and lay low.

Did she escape a sex trafficking ring? Does she have dirt on super powerful people?

^^^ That's exactly what it sounds like to me. I'll be curious to see how this turns out.

edit on 22-1-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hmmm. The FBI calling and saying they will need a spokesman. I know someone who got a call from the FBI, The FBI call was a scam, they told him to change his phone number and to not tell anyone his new number. Then they tried to cash fake checks at his bank and they could not get hold of him, it was lucky I was there at the bank the day they tried, they asked why his phone was disconnected, I told them he was talked into changing it. They denied the check, and I went to his house and told him to call the bank. It was not a check he had wrote out. Many more checks were denied on his account that month, that is the good thing about a local bank, they will contact you if they know you. I had been there at the bank many times with him to take him shopping, so the bank people knew I knew him well. Now most banks have policies where they are restricted from telling anyone other than the owner of the account if something seems wrong. I think they did have something like that before, but now it is more strongly enforced.

They could be victims of a scam, My old friend was told that one agency was the FBI and the other agency that called was supposedly the Department of Treasury. I contacted the FBI and the local guy laughed and said he is being scammed, which I already pretty much knew. He said it is probably from another country and said they do not investigate things like that. The checks they wrote out were cashed locally by someone, the FBI guy wouldn't even check on anything, the city cops said it was out of their jurisdiction because the callers said they were from Federal agencies. and the phone number was a cell phone that was not local. They told me to contact the FBI

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I think the intent was the op of the post with Trump in it. Not you, but I could be mistaken.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Scam seems to be a popular opinion in many of the comments to the article as well.

I guess the only thing which makes me think otherwise is why the media would give it traction right away like that. DOH! What am I saying??!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I would imagine the smart family has dealt with the FBI on numerous occasions as they still are actively working on the case so the odds of it being a scam similar to your friends is most likely low.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I like your response. As of right now, I am thinking this seems more likely. I cannot believe the FBI would contact them with such a mysterious message.

Did the family call the FBI back and actually confirm the contact was made by them? It may not be a scam per say, but simply someone messing with them. Maybe out of revenge for being falsely accused? Ahem.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Or in Witness Protection Program...or has sex change...or both!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
She’s alive and has been living in captivity for the last 23 years?

But why give the family a ‘heads up’?

Very strange indeed

More likely that a body has been found that matches her description, but they are waiting on confirmation.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

More likely that a body has been found that matches her description, but they are waiting on confirmation.

The fact that the FBI told them that the news would be something they wouldn't expect tells me that might not be the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join