It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird News Story (very strange)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Skeletonized

Honestly I can only see this going two ways.
1. There is new information incoming once it is better and through the proper channels

Or

2. The family and possibly the ex agent planted the seads for renewed interest in the case. ( which seems to have worked)

I cant see who or how else this could benefit any one, Flores and his family could have motive to "prank" them but the end result would bring more attention and pressure that im sure they would rather be without.

Otherwise the only person outside the family that could benefit is the actual killer if he/she thought the police were getting to close.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Sounds reasonable to me.

I did a quick google about finding bones in the soil and found this.

"(Bob) Perry uses ground-penetrating radar (GPR) to locate unmarked vaults, graves, and sometimes even unknown mass-burial sites. His company logo is a skull and crossbones with the words "Bone Finder" above it and "Tracking the Dead" below. Bob's equipment was described in a 2013 Washington Post article as "a heavy duty baby stroller hooked to ground-penetrating radar."

This would come in handy in this case. I would hire this guy to sneak in to the Flores' back yard at night and work his magic.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Even if it wasn't really the FBI, but some retired FBI dude, I still think there's more to this is bizarro story.

Especially considering the unrelated dude who has seemingly dedicated his life to investigating this case.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Upon further reflection, I am believing the mother has made this up. In the hopes of renewing interest in the case to try and find closure.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Could this just all be a PR stunt to get the case back in the public eye and discussed?

After so long many cases like this become cold cases and money and manpower are no longer funneled into them.
The public forgets, the world moves on. This could be the family attempting to make sure the matter is not dropped or forgotten until they get 'justice'.

Just look at this thread itself, all of a sudden arm chair detectives are back at work with a target on this Flores guy.

Maybe that's part of it? Thanks to the internet these days which didn't exist in such a capacity back then, you no longer have to rely on just law agencies and private investigators and with a single reddit post get 10000 self declared Sherlock Holmes making a mess of everything in a heart beat.

Maybe we should all just for once wait until we have the actual story instead of half of it in future.

I don't know much about this case, but if Flores is innocent, ooh boy his life's now getting destroyed all over again.

Seems simple though with some of the evidence. Go back and dig up the 'cemented' yard. Why has that not happened yet?
Or has the cement already been torn up and replaced in the past 2 decades giving opportunity for the body to have been moved if one was under the cement to begin with?

But yeah, for now my money is on putting a long dead cold case back into the public eye by the family and acquaintances, or trying to rattle a certain someones cage.

I'm sure all the amateur internet sleuths will have it all solved within a week as they always do.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Especially considering the unrelated dude who has seemingly dedicated his life to investigating this case.

Plenty of people out there who get obsessed with things that they have no relation too. Plenty of people still looking into the Black Dahlia and Jack the Ripper cases despite not being related to the cases or even born when they occurred.
You've got youtube channels like Rob Gavan (Formerly Rob Dyke) who do nothing but make videos about murders and crimes they're also not connected to. (Well as far as we know)

What exactly makes this one podcaster/blogger or whatever he is any different?
Why does his interest in the matter make the case more 'bizarro' any more than the thousands of other people in the world doing the same?

I make videos related to video games. Is it bizarro I do so despite never being part of any of the development teams or publishers who made the games I play and feature?
edit on 27-1-2020 by AtomicKangaroo because: word structure.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Upon further reflection, I am believing the mother has made this up. In the hopes of renewing interest in the case to try and find closure.

That may be true.

And totally understandable in my eyes.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

** Bump **
Any word on this one way or other ? cramping of the cheeks is nigh from this edge of seat position.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: fotsyfots
a reply to: Riffrafter

** Bump **
Any word on this one way or other ? cramping of the cheeks is nigh from this edge of seat position.

I haven't seen anything in the news, but I also haven't really looked in the past day or 2.

I'll check again a little later and if I see something worth posting, I'll post it.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fotsyfots

Family walked back the mom's claim the next day. Sheriff confirmed, "No news."

Link

Can't really blame the poor mother, though. Probably just wishful thinking or a desire to keep the case relevant and fresh in the minds of public and law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot
a reply to: fotsyfots

Can't really blame the poor mother, though. Probably just wishful thinking or a desire to keep the case relevant and fresh in the minds of public and law enforcement.

How incredible generous of you.

Thank you for the update!

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sheriff's office sent out a press release dated January 29th...

Altogether the Sheriff’s Office has spent approximately $62,000 in investigative expenses including, but not limited to, DNA forensic testing. Additionally, the Sheriff’s Office has invested more than 7,500 employee hours since 2011 when Sheriff Parkinson took office.

Although it is generally not our practice to comment on items of evidence in active investigations, in this specific case we can confirm that the Sheriff’s Office currently holds two trucks in evidence that belonged to Flores family members in 1996.

www.slosheriff.org... kgo

I'm not sure why that would be an unexpected surprise to Kristin's parents considering it still revolves around the Flores family, but maybe there's another member of the family involved that no one suspected. Don't know.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Any updates?

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Classmate detained in Kristin Smart cold case, search warrants issued

As per the article, apparently the One suspect and person of interest from nearly the beginning of the case was held as search warrants were issued at his home, his mothers and various other locations in Claifornia and Washington State.

That is all

-Trowa

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

From what I understand, there was already a radio personality who brought it up in the last several weeks to renew interest in the story. She made her statement after he already brought attention back to it.

posted on Feb, 8 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The update/news is that the FBI and Los Angeles authorities announced new search warrants in the past week. I believe some of the warrants were for specific items in Flores' house in San Pedro, CA and others were for stuff elsewhere.

Smart family probably got the heads up so they can avoid another emotional roller coaster.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join