It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird News Story (very strange)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Okay, so this is pretty bizarre. Apparently the family of a college student, Kristin Smart, who disappeared back in 1996, has been told to be prepared for the "unexpected". WTH????

The family of Kristin Smart, the California college student who vanished 23 years ago after attending a party near her school, was reportedly told by federal agents to be prepared for news and to secure a family spokesperson.

Denise Smart, the woman's mother, told the Stockton Record that she was contacted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and was told to "be ready."

"This is really going to be something you don't expect. We want to give you the support you need," she said she was told.

FBI tells family of Kristin Smart to be prepared for news

So I read the article and basically that's all it is. Why would the FBI ever do such a thing?? Why would they contact her at all until they were ready to tell her whatever the 'development' is??? So then I started reading through the comments, and there are some interesting theories, but no conclusions.

What could be the development?

And why would the family need a spokesperson?

The spokesperson part makes the least sense of all. If she's dead, why would they need a spokesperson? They probably already figured she was dead...being gone 23 years and all. If she's not dead, but just ran away and lived a secret life...why would the family need a spokesperson?

One interesting theory in the comments was from a police chief who said the family effectively ruined the life of a person they accused of doing it, but was never charged (got him fired, barred him from the Navy, etc). His theory was they found DNA evidence which implicated someone else (i.e. not the person the family thought did it, and whose life they ruined). Okay, that's bad...but why would you need a spokesman after all this time?? It doesn't make sense...UNLESS...

The only scenario I can think of where the family would need a spokesperson would be if they found the girl's remains, and then also found DNA evidence which implicates one of the parents, or a family member, in her disappearance. But if that's the case, why give the parents a head's up???

What's going on???? Inquiring minds want to know!

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Abducted by aliens and now being returned.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well, now I need to know the conclusion.

That is genuine mystery!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Interesting story and your theory makes sense FCD.

I wonder if it could be anything as bizarre as the girl had had an abusive childhood ( maybe sexually) and decided to pull a disappearing act on her whole family, with a friend ? Somehow the FBI stumbled upon her and fast forward to this story.

Lots of possibilities actually... but I hope it’s an ending that leans more to the positive.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:21 AM
link   
She’s alive and has been living in captivity for the last 23 years?

But why give the family a ‘heads up’?

Very strange indeed

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Very odd. I hope we get an update on the fbi announcement.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:33 AM
link   
What if she was undercover working with an alphabet agency, then had to go into the witness protection program, but doesn't need to any more because the guy she was informing on is dead....like Epstein...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Two words come to mind .

Amanda Barry

The reason for the delay could be that now Kristen is 42 years old .

If she was held captive for 23 years she would definitely need some mental health treatment and might not have given consent .

The FBI will protect her identity first .

Don’t know about the rest of you but I’m going to hope for the best .

edit on 22-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Strange indeed.

Maybe the FBI was testing to see how the family responds. They must be suspects.

I can't think of any other reason why they would call to say be ready for news.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Interestingly enough the wiki for this case states the parents were advised by the FBI to maybe leave town and lay low.

That is very strange what could be the reasoning? Did she become a prolific serial killer? Was she killed by a serial killer? Did she join isis? Did she escape a sex trafficking ring? Does she have dirt on super powerful people?

If this is all true why would the FBI tell them to get a representative and to lay low and leave town? Mob, cartel, cult type ish going on.

On January 18th 2020 the Stockton Record reported that the FBI informed Smart's family that additional news about her disappearance would be coming and that the family "might want to get away for a while" but did not provide any specific information.[23]
from wiki
edit on 22-1-2020 by crimsongod21 because: Add quote

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:14 AM
link   
good morning - i am hear today to inform you :

there will be an announcement " sometime " it will be important - so be prepared

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

While the family is always a suspect the 4 hour drive from Napa to cal poly is prohibitive when factoring in the story as told by the three witnesses.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:20 AM
link   

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The oddest part of this story is why would the family tell the local media? It's kind of stupid to talk about this publicly if they don't even know what the FBI has to say.

Are they looking for attention or trying to get the word out to protect themselves somehow? I'm more suspicious of the family at this point.

Interesting story.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
What would really have a strange twist to the whole thing is if she was abducted as part of the Epstein database and there is news related to that.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Heres a few phrases that may become a hot topic in relation to this -

Electromagnetic Pulses.
Radio Transmission frequency.
Stargate portal.
Interstellar message.
Spaceforce.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The only scenario I can think of where the family would need a spokesperson would be if they found the girl's remains, and then also found DNA evidence which implicates one of the parents, or a family member, in her disappearance. But if that's the case, why give the parents a head's up???

That was my thought too -- that they had DNA (or other evidence) that implicated someone in the family. Maybe that person is now deceased? Or maybe she ran away with someone in the family and is still alive? I'm stumped.

Very bizarre.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Why did I click this thread? Now suspense is killing me.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
Heres a few phrases that may become a hot topic in relation to this -

Electromagnetic Pulses.
Radio Transmission frequency.
Stargate portal.
Interstellar message.
Spaceforce.

Say what?? What does any of that have to do with a missing girl from 23 years ago? Did she got thru a star gate on accident?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join