It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA guy tells me about Area 51

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Don't ask me to tell you his name, or what he does. He works at a major AF Base out west and works for NASA and tests air craft. That's all I have to say. Here's what he told me in an email. I don't really believe him, but hey you never know...

"I have been researching the history of Area 51 for many years. I have
had access to thousands of pages of declassified and unclassified
documents, hundreds of photographs, and I have interviewed dozens of
people who have worked there. These include test pilots, support
personnel, base commanders, security guards, engineers, air traffic
controllers, loadmasters, aircraft maintenance personnel and many
others. Among other things they say, "what you see is what you, get."
There are apparently no underground facilities at the Area. The base
has grown substantially over the years and, based on satellite
imagery, continues to do so to support current testing requirement. I
have found no evidence to support the stories about the so-called
"S-4" facility.

This year marks the Golden Anniversary of the Groom Lake test
facility. You can expect to see an increase in public interest and
media coverage, but probably no official announcements from any
government agency."

[edit on 9-3-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'd bet Plausible Deniability!

He's preventing himself from officially learning anything that he already knows to be true in order to plead ignorance later.

Phae

KC8

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Common Sence Fact #1:
DO NOT TRUST EVERYONE!!!

He might be telling the truth or he and the government are both in on that e-mail simple as finding out you are a member here and then they send you some un-ture e-mail because they know you will post it. Simple as that.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Could very well be the case.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have to say that I cannot trust the government's response in anyway, shape or form! There are lies within lies and lies within truthes as well, all with the intention to keep us under their thumb. I have read too much and learned too much from the alt-science community to dismiss the rumors of A-51 as just fiction. The correlation between the two is stronger than most think. What is the Alt-science community is doing, is probably what the government has know for the better half of a century... if not longer.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No underground facilities? Not even an emergency bunker? What a laugh.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Working for NASA doesn't make one a spokesman for Area 51...(Or if it does can i start making wacky claims?)

Oh, and Area 51 doesn't exist, so of course it has no underground portions. The fact that he even acknowledges its existance makes his views meaningless as an insider. If you work there you KNOW it doesn't exist and when people ask you just work in the desert.

apc

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Seriously I bet thats in the confidentiality agreement.
"... shall not reveal any information held by Employer (who shall remain nameless due to official nonexistance)..."

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Well, he hasn't had acces to CLASSIFIED documents so he knows nothing... how can he even say ANYTHING about the facility if he didn't even work there, and I doubt employees will actually talk to people outside the groomlake facility.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I saw some show on tv where they interviewed a person who worked at area 51. I can't remember many details, but he said that the entire facility is a giant above ground hanger. But who is to say that it doesn't also go underground.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
Working for NASA doesn't make one a spokesman for Area 51...(Or if it does can i start making wacky claims?)

Oh, and Area 51 doesn't exist, so of course it has no underground portions. The fact that he even acknowledges its existance makes his views meaningless as an insider. If you work there you KNOW it doesn't exist and when people ask you just work in the desert.

Taken my own words out of my mouth. haha

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Who is to say what its purpose is, but there is a government base known as area 51. Any unauthorized person who enters the perimiter will be shot without question. Just keep on daubting its existance, that is what our government wants us to do.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
As the site says "deny ignorance".......why do people so much want to clutch onto the fiction that there's aliens there when quite patently there are not. Do some real research for yourselves. It's just a USAF test base, get over it.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Personally, i think that the aliens idea was just a cover up. As soon as someone says aliens, people stop paying attention. THis way, the government is making anyone who talks about area 51 look crazy, and unreliable. But there is something there that they really, really don't want us to know about.
By the way, i don't beleive in aliens, and no one can make me.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Sawyer
Who is to say what its purpose is, but there is a government base known as area 51. Any unauthorized person who enters the perimiter will be shot without question. Just keep on daubting its existance, that is what our government wants us to do.

Btw it does actually exist, i was speaking in official terms. Officially it doesn't exist and therefore any official statement about it is just an outsider to Groomlake.

apc

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I can't say what happened 50 years ago in Roswell because I wasn't there. If one were to assume some sort of ET craft crashed and it's technology was taken to Groom Lake and harvested, there would be mountains of information since then that could be explained (UFOs for instance would mainly be our military experimenting in anti-gravity propulsion realized in advance thanks to our neighbors).
This would of course be an assumption.

Our gov realized decades ago there is little point in trying to pit the civilians against eachother as far as the existance of such a base is concerned, so they surrounded it with so much dogma and fictional nonsense as to make any real achievement at the site unbelievable. In all reality I believe it is simply a base built for the stated purpose: to develop and test new aircraft technologies. Are there underground chambers? Logically yes, because spy satellites can't see there. Are there ultra secret highly advanced technologies there? Of course... what do you think the B-2 and F-117A projects were a decade before they went public?

Are there alien bodies floating in preservative... probably not. But since I haven't been there, I really can't say for sure now can I?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Well, he hasn't had acces to CLASSIFIED documents so he knows nothing...

Exactly!

Any Joe can draw the same conclusion with a visit to their local library

(most ufo/conspiracy type books that i've read haven't been too great... the *best* info has always been on the net imo)

[edit on 10-3-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
omg you know who told me the same thing......................the lucky charms guy

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   
While a lot of it may not be true, there is one thing in the statement that seems to match up with the research data ATS has on Area 51. He said there in no major underground facility at the base. Back when we researched Groom Lake, we came to the same conclusion. When you put all the conspiricy theories and wild stories aside, and focus on some well known, and basic facts about deserts, and dry lake beds, you will see it makes sense. Let's look at these facts:

#1: Desert soil is usually very compacted! this makes it VERY hard to dig into.

#2: Soaking and then drying out soil makes it hard (if you don't believe me, find some dried up mud and try to dig into it!)

#3: Area 51 was built on a dry lake bed (Yes, Groom Lake really was a Lake at one time)

#4: Most Dry Lake beds have a soil consistency simular to concrete. This is almost impossable to dig through (you would need vast quanities of high explosive and it would cost a fortune)

#5: Digging creates dirt. If they really dug out such a huge facility, were did the hide all the dirt and rock they pulled out of the ground (I've seen many Russian Spy Satellite photos of the area, and not one of them shows large amounts of dirt or rock being mined in the area)

Also, Remember the Dreamland base out at Groom Lake was built for secrecy, so avoiding attention was important when the base was built.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 11-3-2005 by ghost]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
NASA is a large organization. There are NASA plumbers, electricians, truck drivers, carpenters and janitors. The fact that this guy works for NASA means nothing.

Not trying to pick a fight here, just pointing out facts...

"#1: Desert soil is usually very compacted! this makes it VERY hard to dig into. "

Yeah, but...NTS, right next door, has a zillion tunnels and shafts. Most dug in volcanic tuff, but some in basalt. They have found gold in there, but they shotkrete over it and move on...

"#3: Area 51 was built on a dry lake bed (Yes, Groom Lake really was a Lake at one time) "

Geologists call it a playa. The "dry lake bed" is the silt from the lake. Compressed into the former lake bottom as the water evaporated.The actual lake was much bigger, shoreline is probably a hundred feet up. The way you find the former shoreline: Look for the creosote bushes. Former lake bed is very alkaline, creosote bushes don't like that. Where the creosote bush count goes way up, that was dry land way back when.

"#4: Most Dry Lake beds have a soil consistency simular to concrete. This is almost impossible to dig through (you would need vast quanities of high explosive and it would cost a fortune)"

Wrong. When dry, superfine dust. Drive around on a dry lake bed, get your car all dusty, you will NEVER get all that stuff off. Wash it, wait a week, it's back. Drive around on a wet lake bed, it's like Louisiana gumbo.

"#5: Digging creates dirt. If they really dug out such a huge facility, were did the hide all the dirt and rock they pulled out of the ground? (I've seen many Russian Spy Satellite photos of the area, and not one of them shows large amounts of dirt or rock being mined in the area)"

Exactly. Next door, at NTS, they build flat mesas outside the tunnels with the dirt from inside. And ventilation - you need vast blowers to get fresh air in, nasty air out. Dirt, vent fans, and mining equipment are things that are hard to hide.

The government admitted Area 51 exists about ten years ago, so we can drop that subject.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join