It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden for Bolton? Schiff for Mulvaney? The battle of the witnesses gets good

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Lumenari
Once in office he decided to buck the Federal Reserve, among other things.

This tired and lame old trope again? Kennedy did no such thing. Post your evidence.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know if it's true but here's the theory, "Jim Marrs, in his book Crossfire, presented the theory that Kennedy was trying to rein in the power of the Federal Reserve, and that forces opposed to such action might have played at least some part in the assassination.[17][18][19] Marrs alleges that the issuance of Executive Order 11110 was an effort by Kennedy to transfer power from the Federal Reserve to the United States Department of the Treasury by replacing Federal Reserve Notes with silver certificates.[18] Author Richard Belzer named the responsible parties in this theory as American "billionaires, power brokers, and bankers ... working in tandem with the CIA and other sympathetic agents of the government."[20]

Critics of the theory note that Executive Order 11110 was a technicality that only delegated existing presidential powers to the Secretary of the Treasury for administrative convenience during a period of transition."

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: DanDanDat

a reply to: dfnj2015
The House is not an equal branch under Trump.

And nor should it ever be. The house is only one half a branch; it should never equal to a whole branch.

That's the mistake house Democrats made; thinking they alone were co equal to the executive branch.

Obviously the Constitution is now toilet paper. We officially live in a presidential dictatorship.

Because the House is not a co equal branch of government?

Come off it; even if Trump is as dirty as they say he is and McConnell is covering it up. It still wouldn't be a presidential dictatorship; in fact in my life time I have never seen a president challenged as much as Trump. Stop being dramatic... the sun will come out tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Does it matter?

Yeah, which is why I mentioned it.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
a reply to: matafuchs

It’s the first day and I already don’t care. This is going to go on for months. SMH.

TV ratings were way down. I was in a car dealer today and everyone in the waiting area (for car repairs) was upset because the operations manager wouldn't change the channel. Schumer's droning really got under skins, LOL.

To its credit, FoxNews returned to regular scheduled programming for Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, etc.. CNN/MSNBC stayed with Akeem Jeffree.

edit on 1/21/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The last part is the important part. Allowing the Federal Reserve to print more Federal Reserve Notes (dollars) isn't exactly curtailing the Federal Reserve in any way. But ignorant people gobble up conspiracy nonsense because they don't bother to actually dig into whatever it is they hear and instead parrot it with sad regularity.

edit on 21-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: HalWesten
I'm having a hard time listening to the Dem side and all of their lies and distortions. It makes me sick to hear Americans doing that to other Americans.

If you truly believe one side is more dangerous to our Republic than the other, that actually means you're becoming part of the problem without even realizing it.

I agree. If there is evidence any Democrat has broken any laws I would love to see the Democrat be put in prison. I wish the same were true for Republicans. The problem is Republicans are so bent on putting party before country Trump could be catching babies on bayonets and they would still lick the bottom of his boot. The Republicans will not even entertain the possibility Trump broke federal laws and his oath to the office. It's just not part of the equation.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

The last part is the important part. Allowing the Federal Reserve to print more Federal Reserve Notes (dollars) isn't exactly curtailing the Federal Reserve in any way. But ignorant people gobble up conspiracy nonsense because they don't bother to actually dig into whatever it is they hear and instead parrot it with sad regularity.

I don't know what Kennedy's motivation was for the order. Some people have interpreted as a shot across the bow of the Federal Reserve. Supposedly there's a lot of evidence the assassination of Lincoln was for doing the same type of thing. Here's a quote from a newspaper in London at the time Lincoln was minting his Greenbacks:

"Lincoln printed 400 million dollars worth of Greenbacks (the exact amount being $449,338,902), money that he delegated to be created, a debt-free and interest-free money to finance the War. It served as legal tender for all debts, public and private. He printed it, paid it to the soldiers, to the U.S. Civil Service employees, and bought supplies for war.

Shortly after that happened, The London Times printed the following: "If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all coun­tries will go to North America. That govern­ment must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

Here's a really good 3.5 hour video on why the Federal Reserve is the anti-Christ of American government:

www.youtube.com...

Just watch the first 10 minutes and you get the gist of it. Of course, how can you trust anything people say unless it is supported by your life experiences.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I don't know what Kennedy's motivation was for the order.

It's in his speech tied to the Order. To stop using Silver Certificates since silver was needed for manufacturing purposes and to allow the Federal Reserve to print more Notes. Read it.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:44 PM
link   

edit on 21-1-2020 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

that is a legal tactic not to be open and honest but to bury your legal opponent in so much paper work that they have trouble finding any thing useful more usefull in lawsuits with a time frame but its been cracked down on post 2004? i think when some firm got slapped pretty hard for basically giving the other side like 200 boxes of unlabeled papers all out of order as part of discovery

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: queenofswords

They hate us, but they love the tax money we give them

You mean red states receiving more to the federal government than they put in?

I looked into this a while back. Massive pockets of Blue in most Red leaning states. That is what is sucking Federal dollars. If one really wants to understand who gets Federal dollars have to do it by county / parish. I know for mine, we bleed tax dollars, both State and Federal. The surrounding Blue ones the exact opposite; they are taking in all the taxes dollars even though they generate next to nothing. Yet it's a Red state taking tax dollars. BS. It's the Blue districts in Red states.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why does the house even have any sayso as to which witnesses the Senate summons? This is a trial, not an impeachment hearing. A trial is a legal thing, evidently the impeachment hearing is just a horse and pony show.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

🤥🤥🤥🤥

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

If there is evidence any Democrat has broken any laws I would love to see the Democrat be put in prison. I wish the same were true for Republicans. The problem is Republicans are so bent on putting party before country Trump could be catching babies on bayonets and they would still lick the bottom of his boot. The Republicans will not even entertain the possibility Trump broke federal laws and his oath to the office. It's just not part of the equation.

One of the funnier things I've read all day. If those are the glasses you're looking at the world with, they're f@%ed.

Also, there are better ways to catch babies, but bayonet is probably in the top 5.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: queenofswords

They hate us, but they love the tax money we give them

You mean red states receiving more to the federal government than they put in?

No, I actually meant The American People as a whole. We pay close to four trillion in taxes to the government every year as a people, some more, some less, some none. That's what these America-hating band of thieves love about us.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Tit for tat, this for that...there is a term for that...ah Quid Pro Quo

Stephen Colbert could take lessons on this level of comedy.

Quid pro quo? That's only impeachable if you're ORANGE MAN.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: HalWesten
I'm having a hard time listening to the Dem side and all of their lies and distortions. It makes me sick to hear Americans doing that to other Americans.

If you truly believe one side is more dangerous to our Republic than the other, that actually means you're becoming part of the problem without even realizing it.

I agree. If there is evidence any Democrat has broken any laws I would love to see the Democrat be put in prison. I wish the same were true for Republicans. The problem is Republicans are so bent on putting party before country Trump could be catching babies on bayonets and they would still lick the bottom of his boot. The Republicans will not even entertain the possibility Trump broke federal laws and his oath to the office. It's just not part of the equation.

This is such crap. I will certainly entertain he broke the law if you show me some evidence of it.

There is not even a crime alleged in the impeachment articles and there damn well would be if the democrats could find one.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
Once in office he decided to buck the Federal Reserve, among other things.

This tired and lame old trope again? Kennedy did no such thing. Post your evidence.

~Yawn~

Executive Order 11110.

Now I know that you are a big water carrier for the Federal Reserve and a fiat currency, but at least take the time to do a quick search instead of automatically attempting a dismissal of the topic again because it's uncomfortable for you.

Your lack of knowledge on the topic is... suspicious.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'd rather have Schiff for Bolton.

Hunter was a useful idiot, I doubt he'd be of much value on the stand.

Yes it is a trap.

Hunter would plead the fifth or claim he can’t remember anything whereas Bolton is deep state scum that is pissed he got fired and would probably love to bash trump.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

You have to ask yourself thought a trap for who? If Bolton wanted to he could have testified and laid it all out a long time ago in many, many forums. He could have been a 'whistle blower' to be honest with some of the things he has said. I cannot see him hurting and/or helping to be honest.

However, the precedent would be set that witnesses could be called and there is no one who can be called that has not already been put through the ringer by the DNC and basically debunked to show the articles of impeachment should convict. None. I have said it time and time again if there was real evidence Trump would be gone already.

Trumps team on the other hand, once it is agreed to that there will be testimony, can bring in anyone they want. So all of those people who were yelling about Trumps people not testifying are going to say no???? They painted themselves in a corner again.

At least that is what I would do...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join