It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden for Bolton? Schiff for Mulvaney? The battle of the witnesses gets good

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

If you truly believe one side is more dangerous to our Republic than the other, that actually means you're becoming part of the problem without even realizing it.

Which side has been systematically attacking the first 2 amendments of our constitution? I’d say that’s pretty dangerous to our republic.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Lumenari

the assumption that Democrats identify as Americans.

At least you're not subtle about it.

That's part of the problem, and the division.

And precisely why you're not taken seriously.

Quoted for a rather epic level of irony.

Quoted for a rather epic level of hypocrisy.

Thanks for proving my point.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Its a trap; don't do it Republicans.

Haha just kidding Republicans do it, I want to see you fall in a trap.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It was already stupid but now it has gone full Simple Jack. If they wanted all these witnesses they could have called them in the House. This is not even the day to agree on witnesses. Already trying to run the Senate. Senate tried to speed it up but no. They want to lay out every single request to vote on just to hear the same exact response. No. No. No. No....what should have taken minutes will now take days.
edit on 21-1-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Kennedy... we know how he paid for that.

The Kennedy family was, and is, a political machine working well within the establishment. Kennedy did nothing that bucked the system.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

You do understand that few people on ATS take you seriously and you didn't make a point to anyone but yourself just now?

Please point out to me something that the Democratic party stands for that will actually improve the lives of an average American.

Then realize that you take a lot of time and energy to be on the wrong side of history here.

But on the other hand, you never fail to amuse.

So keep posting please.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: dfnj2015

The House managers passed these Impeachment articles stating that they had a shut and close case to impeach Trump. Pray tell why would the House even need anymore witnesses...let alone risk the defense to call forth their own actual witnesses?

Because of the obstruction of justice. Some witness are now agreeing to testify despite the orders not to coming from dear leader. It would be nice to get Parnas under oath. I would love to hear Bolton's testimony now that he's agreed to give it.

Same thing with the documents. Clinton gave over 90,000 documents to House when he was under impeachment investigation. Trump gave two. The Constitution is officially dead. The executive branch is now a dictatorship. The House is not an equal branch under Trump.

The problem is Republicans are too scared to let the truth be known because they know they would be in big trouble.

edit on 21-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Kennedy family was, and is, a political machine working well within the establishment. Kennedy did nothing that bucked the system.

Quite wrong, actually.

JFK was put into office because they thought he could be handled, what with his womanizing and the drug issues.

Once in office he decided to buck the Federal Reserve, among other things.

He went rogue and paid for it with his life.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Once in office he decided to buck the Federal Reserve, among other things.

This tired and lame old trope again? Kennedy did no such thing. Post your evidence.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The House is not an equal branch under Trump.

And nor should it ever be. The house is only one half a branch; it should never equal to a whole branch.

That's the mistake house Democrats made; thinking they alone were co equal to the executive branch.
edit on 21-1-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2020 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Tit for tat, this for that...there is a term for that...ah Quid Pro Quo

Stephen Colbert could take lessons on this level of comedy.
edit on 21-1-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I honestly think that you are completely missing the point that right now in American politics there actually are two opposing sides.

Which we have not really had a lot of in the last century.

The "two sides of the same coin" mantra has normally been true in American politics.

Obama, the Bush family, the Clintons... all Progressives.

The ones that have not been?

Eisenhower... should look up his warning speech on the MIC.

Reagan... assassination attempt, then he backed off of getting back on a gold standard.

Trump... and here we are.

So you are quite wrong in that it is politics as usual.

We right now, for better or worse, have a President that actually wants to help all Americans.

You are currently part of the problem.

To the topic....

Schiff as a witless would be perfect for me.

Then Biden.

Then Obama to ask him why he was OK with what Biden did.

You are incorrect, the tactics and attitude exhibited by the Repubs is the same crap the Dems do.

This is hardly any different. You think you're right and justified and demonize anyone who disagrees with your agenda.

Both sides continue to do this every day.

The only reason you think the other side is "guiltier" is because you're committed to a side and have a vested interest in defending it "us" while attacking the scapegoat "them".

It is textbook bias and the results are cognitive dissonance.

link   

You do understand that few people on ATS take you seriously

I don't look for an affirmation on ATS, unlike some of you.

Still waiting how democrats are as a whole not American, as you said

But on the other hand, you never fail to amuse.

So keep posting please.

Same. You're full of BS.
edit on 21-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

You do understand that few people on ATS take you seriously and you didn't make a point to anyone but yourself just now?

Please point out to me something that the Democratic party stands for that will actually improve the lives of an average American.

Not penalizing people having pre-existing conditions with healthcare.

I like the words of FDR which is why I am a liberal Democrat:

"An old English judge once said: 'Necessitous men are not free men.' Liberty requires opportunity to make a living - a living decent according to the standard of the time, a living which gives man not only enough to live by, but something to live for.

For too many of us the political equality we once had won was meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor - other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free; liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of happiness.

Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could appeal only to the organized power of government."

The problems with our country are NOT rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating monopolies and cartels in exchange for campaign financing. The billionaires pay the lobbyists. The only way to get political representation in this country is through lobbyists.

The billionaires who have all the money this country love this whole impeachment mess. It prevents Congress from ever doing anything meaningful to help the American worker making the median wage. For me, Trump is just the same old politics we've had since Reagan. Trump gave huge tax cuts to the billionaires and once again trickle-down economics doesn't work.

I said back in 2016 it doesn't matter if HIllary or Trump get's elected. What has changed? NOTHING HAS CHANGED. The rich get rich. The dollar becomes worth less. And the American worker making the median wage is driven deeper into having a poverty wage.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I agree. Republicans are just as bad as Democrats. Anyone who thinks otherwise is being delusional. Trump is no different. Why would anyone think a mobster from New Jersey would be this country's political savior is beyond me. He gave tax cuts to the billionaires. He's improved the worth of his Trump brand. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

edit on 21-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Why would anyone think a mobster from New Jersey would be this savior is beyond me.

That orange numpty is from Queens.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The House is not an equal branch under Trump.

And nor should it ever be. The house is only one half a branch; it should never equal to a whole branch.

That's the mistake house Democrats made; thinking they alone were co equal to the executive branch.

Obviously the Constitution is now toilet paper. We officially live in a presidential dictatorship.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Does it matter?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Which is why they hate us.

They hate us, but they love the tax money we give them to create their slush funds. Speaking of slush funds, did you know that just 3 days before Obama walked out the WH door, he gave the UN Green Climate Fund $500,000,000?

www.climatedepot.com...

I wonder how much of that was kickbacked to him or his friends.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

They hate us, but they love the tax money we give them

You mean red states receiving more to the federal government than they put in?

edit on 21-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join