It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay, YAY..YA!!!...Vacation!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I haven't been on a "vacation' in 15 years! Honestly! I make sre my wife gets to go on vacation every year.

Tonight, my inlaws called up and said they'd be willing to come take care of the animals while "WE" went on vacation!!! The were serious even!!

I am in 2nd Heaven right now!! AND, it gets even better!! ...

The wife wants to go up to Wyoming (where I grew up) to see things like Yellowstone, Jackson and the Wind Rivers!! OMG!!

Honestly, I think I fell and bumped my head!! This can't be real!

Tonight, her parents confirmed they would take care of the animals. FIL used to be an old Farmer.

OMG...I am so happy right now I could run around naked in the yard (oh, that might not be good, but still).

An actual "VACATION"!!! I don't even know how to deal with that!!

A "VACATION"!!! I forgot what a 'vacation' even was!

Unbelievable!!!! Me and my wife get to go on an actual "VACATION"!!!! Unreal!!
edit on 1/21/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jan 21 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: all caps

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I've never heard of this word "vacation" before, but enjoy it while ya can.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

you go and enjoy it sounds like you deserve it

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hopefully your vacation is going to be when it gets half way warm out and the snowbanks are gone.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Congrats !

Hope you don't get "suicided" out there.

Just kidding, love Yellowstone and all, been years since I have been out that way.

Enjoy !

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:56 PM
link   

In all my travel around the US I found the people in Wyoming to be the nicest and it wasn't even close.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Congratulations!
I can relate to your excitement! I haven't had one in about 10 years!
So go and ya'll have loads of fun and take lots of pictures

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I goofed up the title of the thread...I guess I was just too excited. Sorry.

It should have said "YaY, YAY...YAY!!" (but whatever). I honestly can't even believe it!!

I don't even know how I'm gonna' act! I might freak right out and spiral off into the Sun!!! And a vacation in my home state where I grew up, OH MAN!! I know Wyoming inside out, backwards and forwards. Even though I was the one tasked with taking my various family members up to Yellowstone when they'd come visit, I can honestly say, in 30 years living there, I haven't even seen the entire Park myself. This will be the first time I've ever entered the Park without Wyoming license plates on my vehicle, but oh well. I will feel like an outsider with Colorado plates even though I grew up there, but again...oh well.

I'm soo happy I can't even contain myself! Our trip will not just be to Yellowstone either; it will be to places like Pinedale (my old stomping grounds at the base of the Wind River mountains), Jackson Hole, Yellowstone, and then out the East Gate down through Cody and Thermopolis, Riverton, Shoshoni and Lander...absolute God's country!!. Might even hit Idaho and southern Montana along the way. And get this....looking for retirement property no less!!

OMG...I am in absolute HEAVEN!!!

I told my absolute best friend, Stuart (who was killed in 2014), we would always meet up back in Wyoming when we retired, no matter what. He was Cherokee, so I know his spirit is still there...and it will be so.

I am literally crying with happiness right now!!!! My whole life...I've waited!!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I haven't been on a "vacation' in 15 years! Honestly! I make sre my wife gets to go on vacation every year.

Tonight, my inlaws called up and said they'd be willing to come take care of the animals while "WE" went on vacation!!! The were serious even!!

I am in 2nd Heaven right now!! AND, it gets even better!! ...

The wife wants to go up to Wyoming (where I grew up) to see things like Yellowstone, Jackson and the Wind Rivers!! OMG!!

Honestly, I think I fell and bumped my head!! This can't be real!

Tonight, her parents confirmed they would take care of the animals. FIL used to be an old Farmer.

OMG...I am so happy right now I could run around naked in the yard (oh, that might not be good, but still).

An actual "VACATION"!!! I don't even know how to deal with that!!

A "VACATION"!!! I forgot what a 'vacation' even was!

Unbelievable!!!! Me and my wife get to go on an actual "VACATION"!!!! Unreal!!

I thought you went skiing in Europe last year. C'mon FCD you did a whole thread on your experience. Or.. did you forget? Oops.

Kind regards,

Bally

edit on 22-1-2020 by bally001 because: (no reason given)
Might have to drag that thread up unless you want to FCD.?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

I think you might have me mixed up with someone else; I haven't been skiing (anywhere) in over 20 years. That, or there is some misunderstanding / error in something I typed. I used to ski a lot when I was younger, and I have skied in Europe, but not recently.

In fact, I just looked in my passport and the last time I was skiing in Europe was 1994.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 22-1-2020 by Muninn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I think you might have me mixed up with someone else; I haven't been skiing (anywhere) in over 20 years. That, or there is some misunderstanding / error in something I typed. I used to ski a lot when I was younger, and I have skied in Europe, but not recently.

In fact, I just looked in my passport and the last time I was skiing in Europe was 1994.

Yeah must have my dates mixed up.

Sorry

Bally

Okay, it must've have been someone else talking about a special long flying trip to a mountain area in Europe and saying it was the best powder snow they have ever skied and how they flew especially there because of the conditions thev've experienced in previous trips.. Similar to the Post "International Air Traveler" on 02/02/19

No worries, I'll dig it up. Like you said, must be someone else seeing as you haven't been there skiing since 94.

Kind regards,

Bally

22/12/2018 · Flyingclaydisk. posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM link . I arrived in Zurich, it was mid afternoon. It was a hustle and bustle getting my bags. The lost my skis. They lost my boots even. The bus to Interlochen stopped every 20-30km to show us something. I didn't care. I got to Interlochen and checked into the hotel. It was nice. The bed was so comfortable I just wanted to sleep.

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 16:28
I was a hard core skier then. I'd been a ski instructor in college at Alta and Snowbird in Utah. I'd skied Corbit's Coulior in Jackson, just for fun, more times than I could count. I'd skied the trees in Aspen, Alta, Winter Park, Copper, gone off-trail in New Zealand, Colorado and Wyoming....I'd done it all skiing. (Note: I don't ski anymore). I'd skied the steepest and the deepest...we even got our pictures in SKI magazine a couple times (at Alta and Snowbird).

posted on Feb, 24 2019 @ 16:23link quote replySo, my ex was on TV, she was the weather girl for a Denver TV station, formerly of Good Morning Alaska. He brother managed Aleyeska ski resort outside Anchorage. So the girl could ski...or so I thought.
These guys (at the TV station) would get these sweet deals where they'd agree to film the resort for the backdrop of the local weather reports on TV. It was cool because they'd put us up in the best hotels and give us all this free stuff. The ex was a real looker too, I'll give her that...she looked like a million bucks on camera (and in person...but I digress).

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Good grief! If I was ever going to go look for powder skiing conditions probably the very last place I would go would be be Europe! Instead I'd head straight for Utah without a second thought! Idaho might be a close 2nd.

When I was in Switzerland in 1994 we skied at Kleine Scheidegg which is right at the base of the Eiger. The scenery was awesome, but the skiing conditions were crap compared to the Rockies here in the US. Everything was hard pack and ice. The steep & deep stuff is in places like Alta in Utah and Grand Targhee in Idaho (well, technically Wyoming, but you have to go through ID to get there).

edit on 1/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Good grief! If I was ever going to go look for powder skiing conditions probably the very last place I would go would be be Europe! Instead I'd head straight for Utah without a second thought! Idaho might be a close 2nd.

When I was in Switzerland in 1994 we skied at Kleine Scheidegg which is right at the base of the Eiger. The scenery was awesome, but the skiing conditions were crap compared to the Rockies here in the US. Everything was hard pack and ice. The steep & deep stuff is in places like Alta in Utah and Grand Targhee in Idaho (well, technically Wyoming, but you have to go through ID to get there).

22/12/2018 · Flyingclaydisk. posted on Dec, 22 2018 @ 11:16 PM link . I arrived in Zurich, it was mid afternoon. It was a hustle and bustle getting my bags. The lost my skis. They lost my boots even. The bus to Interlochen stopped every 20-30km to show us something. I didn't care. I got to Interlochen and checked into the hotel. It was nice. The bed was so comfortable I just wanted to sleep.

Yeah it was this post that confused me. Couldn't have been you then.

Sorry

Bally

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Yes, those were all my posts, but they were all from back in the 90's...not last year.

ETA - Workin' awful hard at that aren't you???? Why is this important to you?

edit on 1/22/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Yes, those were all my posts, but they were all from back in the 90's...not last year.

ETA - Workin' awful hard at that aren't you???? Why is this important to you?

Not important. I was just confused with the last post I put up. Trying to check my memory. Read it like it basically just happened at that time. ( No historical dates re the post) So, when you mentioned your first holiday in a long time I went hang on, I thought I read about you travelling to Europe skiing last year. I was sure because I'd love to do that. But now I realize the setting was 20 plus years ago as you say now and not 22/12/2018. Just didn't register in the post.

My mistake.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

You know what I'm about to say....

...bring your metal detector and a magnet with you😁👍

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I wonder what would happen if you brought a powerful magnet like that on a plane (we won't be flying, but the thought occurred to me)?

Some poor guy with a metal plate in his head suddenly flies off the floor and the top of his noggin clamps onto the overhead bin (feet dangling in air).

Or, you look up, and see 14 sets of car keys stuck to the side of the overhead bin!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Hahaha... It's only one way to know what would happen. It's not illegal to bring a magnet to the plane, as far as I see.

I have all my magnets in my car but I feel little nervous when I drive during a thunderstorm.

new topics

top topics

join