It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a demon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
What is a demon?

Explain please. Assuming I'm a 6 year old kid.

Do you think demons actually still exist, but hiding all over Earth because they are afraid of us "Humans".

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap
They definitely not afraid of us. But they are afraid of Jesus Christ.

www.compellingtruth.org...

What are demons according to the Bible?
Demons are evil/fallen angels who follow Satan instead of God. When Satan was cast out of heaven, the demons fell with him instead of staying in their place as God's ministers of good. Somehow, evil was found in them (Ezekiel 28:15). A description of the fall of Satan and his demons can be found in Revelation 12:9, which says "And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him." Satan's fall is also shown, symbolically, in Isaiah 14:12-15 and Ezekiel 28:12-15.

And the page continues on.
edit on 21-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
What is a demon?

Do you think demons actually still exist, but hiding all over Earth because they are afraid of us "Humans".

Interesting that you framed it that way...

"actually still exist".

So explain to me like I am a six year old so I can frame my response properly...

Why do you think they used to exist but are now hiding from "airfingers" humans?

Waiting....

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

What is a demon?

"actually still exist".

So explain to me like I am a six year old so I can frame my response properly...

Why do you think they used to exist but are now hiding from "airfingers" humans?

Waiting....

All based on Mythology though. If I google demon there is so much more than Christianity.
edit on 21-1-2020 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
From a Christian perspective
A demon is a fallen angel, rebelled and stood with Lucifer around the beginning of time
A malevolent and eternal being, somewhat like a wild animal.
Demons have what you could classify a monarch system
Satan being the top and minions running to many subordinate lower levels.
Mostly each has a particular field they are effective in
Soul purpose, to direct humanity away from a relationship with God, revenge

Demons have no fear outside God, Jesus and the Spirit.
Humanity has no real control, spiritual beings operating outside of our material world.
So no, no fear of humanity
Demons disguise as ghosts aliens, friendly spirits and luck, are worshiped often

Being eternal, demons will suffer an eternal punishment unlike humans.
There fate is sealed

a reply to: makemap

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
A more important question you could have and maybe should have asked is how to keep from being possessed by one or more demons.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

What is a demon?

"actually still exist".

Waiting....

All based on Mythology though. If I google demon there is so much more than Christianity.

I didn't say anything about Christianity.

I'm not Christian but have a definite viewpoint on the topic.

SoOo ..

Why frame it as "used to exist" but are now hiding?

Just interested in your perspective.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A demon is a mythical creature like vampires, dragons, unicorns, and kids who listen.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I know that it would be possible that energy beings they refer to as angels could exist, there are many names for these beings in cultures around the world. I understand what god could be, just the collective consciousness of everything that exists, also a being of energy. I also can understand that the collective consciousness of the earth life could be a being, actually that would be our local part of god. It is not an angel though, the angels are the authors of our reality.

I have no clue what a demon could be, a mischivous evil energy being of some sort I guess. Maybe they are just people who died with regrets and they still exist as a distorted chaotic being. I can't find out much from things I read that tell me exactly what they were. Maybe the dog you mistreated when you were young has a spirit that is pissed off at humans.

So, I have no idea what a demon is. They could exist, I do not know for sure.These energy beings could be vibrating so fast that we cannot even see them, our eyes may not be able to see them, we could be like furniture to them as they move around.

Then again a Demon could just be some kind of programming that makes us nuts.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Actually Vampires could have been people with porphyria who were allergic to light and went crazy from eating the wrong types of food. Dragons could have been some kind of dinosaur creature bird that is now extinct, killed off by crazy people wanting to eat their heart. I doubt if they breathed fire, but they may have squirted people with an acid that burned. They have identified a now extinct creature that might have been considered a unicorn, but it was actually a huge goat. Kids that listen, that is a fairytale.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Then again a Demon could just be some kind of programming that makes us nuts.

It is that, too. A "daemon" (just an archaic spelling) is a program that runs in the background, typically (but not exclusively) on a Linux server that will definitely make you nuts if you forget it is running, or (usually) failing to run properly, as the case may be. For example, a (line) printer daemon (LPD) sends print jobs to a remote printer in the BSD version of Unix.

P.S. Your take on dinosaurs is noted and deserves further study.
edit on 1/21/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Demons, Liars, Politicians, what's the difference? I'm not a religious nutcase but I've often wondered if demons were real, they just inhabit people.

I heard demons described as being able to permeate the host easily as they are "atoms of ions" or something I don't quite remember.

It's clear that there is a Good vs Evil type force at work and humans have the free will to choose their side.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Good post with good info..

A few questions..

Demons disguise as ghosts aliens, friendly spirits and luck, are worshiped often

Do they also disguise as spiritual beings of light in the sense of false Holy angels or apparitions of Holy men and women ?
I read once that you must sincerely pray to Jesus if you encounter an apparition of any kind because it could be a deceptive trick of Satan.

What were Jesus’s words ? Something to the effect of Lucifer comes as an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:14
“And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.”

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

A few questions..

Do they also disguise as spiritual beings of light in the sense of false Holy angels or apparitions of Holy men and women ?
I read once that you must sincerely pray to Jesus if you encounter an apparition of any kind because it could be a deceptive trick of Satan.

What were Jesus’s words ? Something to the effect of Lucifer comes as an angel of light.

But what about a false Jesus?

Now thats meta.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

What is a demon?

No, there is no evidence demons of the type you are describing actually exist. Although I have known one or two cats that have not been exactly friendly to other beings who may qualify.

I think you need to understand the nature of God. First God is just word. The word God represents an idea. This idea is much bigger than the ideas other words represent.

God is part of everything that exists but at the same time transcends all of existence. God is everywhere and no where at the same time. God can be experienced but also is beyond our comprehension at the same time. God is absolute perfection, whole, and complete. God is pure goodness because being whole God has no desires or needs. Having desires and needs is the source of all that is evil in the World. God needs nothing. God is everything.

The Universe on the other hand, you and me, are not perfect. Nature is full of imperfections. Human beings and human character is full of imperfections. It is these imperfections that is the source of all that is evil in the World. Demons exist but only in a metaphorical sense. People behave like demons because their petty human desires coming from their own imperfections makes them behave in ways you and I would consider immoral and evil.

I think what is important is to live by the golden rule. When you carry a priceless piece of art you do it with a certain reverence. The way we treat a priceless piece of art should be the way we treat each other. Everyone is sacred. Everyone is a priceless piece of art. Demons do not live by the golden rule.

edit on 21-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

A few questions..

Now thats meta.

🤔.. not sure the point you’re trying to make.. but Satan or a demon may appear as a false Jesus. Is that what you meant ?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Can we just agree teenagers are not kids then I can agree with you.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It's clear that there is a Good vs Evil type force at work and humans have the free will to choose their side.

Not to split hairs but...do we really have "free will" ? I don't think so. We only get to choose the choices fate presents us. Sometimes these choices force us to behave in an immoral way because there's no other choice!

For us to truly have free then God would have to have created us with omnipotent powers. This way we are free to define what it is we are actually choosing. Unless we have omnipotent powers to control our own fate then I don't think we truly have free will. Forces outside of our will have a lot of say about what our choices will be.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   

A few questions..

Now thats meta.

🤔.. not sure the point you’re trying to make.. but Satan or a demon may appear as a false Jesus. Is that what you meant ?

That's exactly what I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

A few questions..

Now thats meta.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

One time I have a really huge argument about God with a born-again Christian. At one point I said, "Absolute authority comes from within. I can't trust what someone else tells me preacher or people who wrote the Bible." He replied by saying, "Who told you that?" And I realized something in that moment. The person I was arguing with would never get the idea that he is in charge when it comes to dubbing someone as being "Satan".

This argument lasted a long time. I knew I had him really mad at me because he started talking about eternal damnation and where my soul was going to go when I died. I said, "How bad can it be it can't be worse than living in New Jersey." He did not crack a smile.

I had to work with this guy so I tried to throw him an olive branch. We started talking about the metaphysics of Hell. If the suffering in Hell was a repeatable pattern a person would eventually get used to it. So I told him Hell has to be like an irrational number where the suffering never repeats and it never ends. He really liked this idea and had a big smile on his face. He was almost salivating at the idea of me suffering. So my question to you is how good and true can a belief system be if it takes so much joy and pleasure in the idea of other people suffering?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join