It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Impeachment Thread

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Schiff just put his own foot in mouth...

When asked about getting Bolton to testify, they said they went to the next in line, his deputy. He sued them and the House withdrew the subpoena. They went to Bolton's lawyers and they said the same thing. Then they went to Cupperman's deputy. Then to their deputy. Essentially proving that they were on a witch hunt for anyone that would answer them. They subpoenaed everyone down the line until someone wouldn't refuse. Low and behold, two Obama holdovers (Hill and Vindemann) decided to testify.

He went on to say that the WH counsel had no reason to say the House didn't do their due diligence by trying to get Bolton to testify. The House's excuse was that they would have been tied up in the Courts for months or years if they tried to press Bolton. They couldn't wait.

It's really starting to become clear what the motives are here.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

This whole question and answer setup seems pointless.

They are just rehashing the same info from the opening statements, and the sides aren't allowed to argue it.

I don't even see the point of this.

All it is proving to me is the Democrats have absolutely no interest in following the law.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Maybe Adam Schiff saw this brief statement made by John Bolton in August of 2019.

mobile.twitter.com...

It seems to me that there is a trap being set up.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
News is reporting that Mitch McConnell has indicated that
the Republicans have enough votes to wrap this up.

Looks like no more witnesses, and then a vote to acquit.

Then there will be screaming at the sky once again.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That would be good news if we knew that an investigation into the hoax that started this impeachment would be conducted by the proper authorities.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I hope so. I actually took that first question from Romney, Collins and Murkwoski as a good sign.

If they actually listened to that answer and thought about it, they should be good voting to end this.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, its good news period.

There is an election in 10 months, going to go by quick.

SPYGATE is the biggest scandal to ever hit the U.S.

Will Obama be held accountable? I am not holding my
breath, and it won't stop my vote.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Exactly.

Bolton is nothing more than kids crying about lost homework.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This Schiff is such an incredible piece of work.

He is acting like launching an Investigation against Romney is equivalent of asking for one on Biden who is on tape bragging about his quid pro quo, and evidence exists his son got a million dollars a year.

Are people really so stupid they don't see how flawed his examples are?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

This whole question and answer setup seems pointless.

They are just rehashing the same info from the opening statements, and the sides aren't allowed to argue it.

I don't even see the point of this.

All it is proving to me is the Democrats have absolutely no interest in following the law.

I agree.

Schiff just did another parody on the Senate floor as a "hypothetical". He followed Dershowitz, and said "Let's use the shoe on the other foot..."

Then he went on to say that let's use Obama's hot mic incident... and what if he said to Medvedev that (paraphrased): "I know you don't want me to send this money to Ukraine, but if you go investigate Mitt Romney and publicly announce some dirt on him, I'll help you out..." - and asked the Senate if they would feel the same way? How absolutely insane is this guy?

Then he made sure at the 5 minute mark to say "... ask John Bolton". That's all this is about is trying to convince them to listen to witnesses, not to stand on the grounds of their case.

Now the WH counsel was asked if the House didn't use the Judicial to follow through on subpoenas, does it make the Obstruction charge unprecedented... the short answer is yes, and the WH is laying out great arguments of the invalidity of the subpoenas and no attempt to litigate the validity of them and instead call it Obstruction.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Maybe Adam Schiff saw this brief statement made by John Bolton in August of 2019.

mobile.twitter.com...

It seems to me that there is a trap being set up.

That is pretty damning! At a minimum, that can be used as evidence AGAINST any testimony Bolton gives. It would undermine the House's entire request to have him testify. If he had something to say, he would have said something about it then.

~Namaste

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Yep, Schiff just flat out made up the conversation again. Why can't Justice Roberts call to stop them when they plainly are lying?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Schiff has foot in mouth disease

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

I am seriously having trouble deciding whether he is to stupid to understand the defense arguments and the law, or is intentionally pretending they don't exist in an effort to deceive.

It's probably a combination of both.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: toolgal462

I am seriously having trouble deciding whether he is to stupid to understand the defense arguments and the law, or is intentionally pretending they don't exist in an effort to deceive.

It's probably a combination of both.

It's the first thing you mention. It's the constituency he is speaking to that is stupid. And he knows that.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
A suicide pact?

For delayed ukrainan aid?

This guy is insane.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

edit on Wed Jan 29 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thank you Graham and Cruz.

At least they are pointing out Schiffs deception about the Romney example.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

where? when?

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

where? when?

The last question - they just asked Schiff if In his example if Romney's son was making a million dollars a year for a corrupt company in the country he was the point man on would that be valid for investigation

Schiff deflected impressively, and went to his talking points.
edit on 29-1-2020 by proximo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join