It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Hillary attacking Bernie now?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

You have to ask yourself, do they hate Trump more than Hillary, or Hillary more than Trump?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Waterglass

Why Is Hillary attacking Bernie now?

It's probably best if they eliminate Bernie from contention as soon as possible , if the DNC has to rig the primaries again it's going to look bad and confirm Hillary's nefarious activities rigging the last nomination. So she's all in on attacking Bernie and blaming the Russians and Trump for rigging elections, that way democratic voters won't focus on the DNC rigging...

Court Concedes DNC Had the Right to Rig Primaries Against Sanders

DNC has the right to have its delegates ‘go into back rooms like they used to and smoke cigars and pick the candidate

For their part, the DNC ....have characterized the DNC charter’s promise of ‘impartiality and evenhandedness’ as a mere political promise—political rhetoric that is not enforceable in federal courts.

DNC attorneys argued that the DNC would be well within their rights to select their own candidate.

Sanders supporters sue DNC for rigging Democratic presidential primaries

It’s argued that the “truth of the DNC’s deception” can be found in the Guccifer documents, pointing to one leaked DNC memo from 2015

edit on 21-1-2020 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Bernie will get pounded while stuck in the Senate impeachment trial.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I can only speak from experience
I don't know what is in anybody else's heart
You kill my cat and I'm killing your dog

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
Mrs. Clinton says of Mr. Sanders, “He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It’s all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it.”

She's not wrong...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:40 AM
link   

lol

Well stated.

Maybe it's just my wish to see her lose one more time.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
I think she's a loose cannon at this point
Dems can only hope that the economy tanks
Even Van Stinking Jones said Trump is the man right now
All the rest is political posturing
Impeachment is a Dem commercial to take back the Senate and stop Trump remaking the entire Federal Judiciary in 8 years
They know he's not getting removed
And nobody is beating him
It's also well known that Nancy, Chuck, and the rest of the establishment Dems hate the NKOTB
And Bernie is their Mentor
What better way to attack him than with Hillary?

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Bernie will get pounded while stuck in the Senate impeachment trial.

Pounded from all sides!

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I will also bet that Trump would hire her to a Cabinet position if shes open to it. Why not.

I couldn't read any further. If Trump hired her for a cabinet position, he would lose my support immediately.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I really don't know and don't care. But as long as the bitch is attacking and eating her own, whatever she said is fine with me.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

But it is all well known she is a crooked bumbling idiot. She thought she had the presidency all locked up the last time and virtually quit campaigning as the election came down to the wire.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...the thing about it is...I agree with her description of Bernie...I think she's spot on...

Now Ima wash out my mouth for agreeing with her cankled highness...

not your fault SHE this time is agreeing with YOU

I wonder if she'll gradually realize its over for her
and start trashing the people she feels didn't adequately support her (i.e. most of the DNC &tc)

could get ugly
Bill meanwhile is enjoying his retirement with cigars and interns every night
(no source just my speculation)

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: fix quote part

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Most people have no idea how badly he must be stopped. He must be stopped by the Democrats -- hence their support for Joe Biden (who is the archetypical "big D" democrat). He must be stopped by the old guard DNC or they risk losing control of their side of the political theater. Their "franchise" will be withdrawn completely.

The DNC left this up to the other 19 candidates over the past year and they (largely) failed to counter Bernie. They sent in their oldest gun and the Bernie supporter slice grew. Now they are sending in their favorite queen. Hillary Clinton and the corporate media are a firewall between the sacred and profane. Bernie must not be allowed to promote widespread questioning of the system. Ever.

Every other "issue" is open to (vigorous) debate so long as no candidate threatens the underlying system of grift and corruption lurking in the heart of the cluster-b economic paradigm. What we call "capitalism," is a doppelganger for the system we put in place over the decades following the assassination of JFK. Through a system of indoctrination and early childhood programming, we are taught to recognize our doppelganger system as the most righteous and correct, even as it is twisted through the patronage of a hyper corporate global elite. Regulations are lobbied for and written by the architects of this system to suppress and ultimately absorb rising competition. It must never be examined. It must never be debated or discussed.

Bernie lacks the ability to make any of his pipe dreams real. If magically elected he would lack support for his ideas or policies from both sides of the aisle. That is not the danger. The danger is that he might help normalize the investigation and questioning of the status quo, going forward. That can never be allowed. We already have a safety valve for that -- comedic anger and satire. We cannot allow dispassionate questioning or investigation into the levers that underpin the system itself. Divert all resources to social issues! Fire a celebrity into space! Start a war! Anything, anything, anything!

The Statue of Liberty herself will come to life and spread her legs for the devil before we ever allow a framework of understanding that might admit any fault in the core system. Hillary Clinton will come to life like Frankenstein's political monster and step in for Joe if he falls short somehow. Villages must burn before it takes a village.

We must maintain the spiritual belief in the global economic system at the root of the American political dyad. The system itself must survive no matter who is elected. The planetary corporatocracy must thrive no matter who is in power or the sky will fall.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
That's Hillary. Nobody can change her, especially her hubby Bill. She will beat Bill up if he doesn't agree to her deranged ways. I feel sorry for Bill, I felt his affair with his intern was justified. Could you imagine how it would have been living with her if she became president?
Bill would have had to go on some serious meds and live at home while she was living on the Hill.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   
At least Bernie authored a couple bills and had them approved. It was just to change the names of a couple post offices but still, more than she ever did but I do kinda get her point. Does anybody really care about the names of post offices. I always call it the post office. I would never call it say the Martin Luther King Post officer and would not even do a double take if it was called anything. It's just a post office. Nobody cares.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
At least Bernie authored a couple bills and had them approved. It was just to change the names of a couple post offices but still, more than she ever did but I do kinda get her point. Does anybody really care about the names of post offices. I always call it the post office. I would never call it say the Martin Luther King Post officer and would not even do a double take if it was called anything. It's just a post office. Nobody cares.

Amazingly, no...
www.washingtonpost.com...

Here’s what the numbers say: During her eight years in the Senate, Hillary Clinton sponsored 10 bills that passed the chamber. The mean senator passes 1.4 bills a year, so Clinton’s 1.25 bills per year is approximately in line with the chamber average. By contrast, Bernie Sanders has been in the Senate nine years and has sponsored only one bill that passed.

Clinton successfully amended bills 67 times in her eight years in the Senate. Sanders did so 57 times in nine years. On a year-by-year basis, that comes to 8.4 per year for Clinton and 6.3 per year for Sanders. Moreover, the mean senator passed 7.4 amendments. Clinton’s is significantly higher than the mean, and Sanders’s is significantly below the mean. Put differently, Clinton passed 33 percent more amendments per year than did Sanders.

Sanders’s record during his 16 years in the House of Representatives was similar. There he didn’t pass a single bill. Granted, it’s harder for members to pass bills in the House than the Senate — the mean House member passes only 0.7 a year — but even so, one passed bill over a quarter-century in both houses of Congress is a very low number compared with his colleagues.

Bernie is one of the least effective lawmakers in DC and his constituents continue to send him there to represent them... is their intent to project an air of ineffectiveness as the physical representative for each of them in government, or have they just not been duped horribly enough to demand a change? Time will tell. The only thing that is certain is that Hillary Clinton was one of the least effective, most widely disdained Senators in Washington DC... yet even she had a record superior to that of Bernie Sanders, which is why she beat him by almost 4 million votes in the 2016 Democratic primaries... I don't doubt that the Democrats had an ace up their sleeve and intended to broker a convention to seat Hillary if needed, but it wasn't needed as she captured over 56% of her party's popular votes in the primary race.

As I said above, on Bernie's record Clinton isn't wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
She's attacking him because she knows damn well there's not enough ree-ree feminists who vote by genitals alone to get her the party nomination, thus the gloves are off and she's playing sore loser early.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
She's attacking him because she knows damn well there's not enough ree-ree feminists who vote by genitals alone to get her the party nomination, thus the gloves are off and she's playing sore loser early.

nah
she and gwenneth paltrow are getting together to make more smelly candles
hillarys projects to be a best seller

who knew

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I really wish she'd go away. Her time, such as it was, is done.

She's too old, too much baggage. The fact that many, if not most, can now see her for what she truly is--I'll toot my own horn on this, I recognized her for what she is decades ago.

Sanders should go away, too. Ineffective, to put it politely, in Congress--I can only imagine the level of "over my head and drowning" that would happen in the White House.

Which leaves Biden and Warren. Oh, joy. One's insane, the other a liar of some note. I'll leave you to decide which is which.

The others running are, to again put it politely, ciphers. Of little note, and less chance.

This could come down to a brokered convention.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

This could come down to a brokered convention.

It really could - and I think this is why Hillary has a puff piece documentary coming out, and is speaking out about Bernie.

She wants to be the compromise candidate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join