It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Isn’t Global Warming Occurring in Top 10 Cities Nearest The Equator?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Global warming is the biggest lie in the history of mankind.

Mainly because the climate is diverse across the global so there's no real standard to judge by.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Measurement data.

We've been looking to relocate abroad for the past few years, so I've been studying areas around the globe that meet our primary climate characteristics: lowest average monthly temp over 7C & highest average monthly temp under 33C (yeah celsius because that's how the rest of the world reports data or around 40F to 90F).

Lo and behold the amount of data in the Northern hemisphere is far more available than in the Southern. Both the quantity of measurements taken & locations available with measurements. Not much historical data either.

HOWEVER, in coastal and island locations there's commonly a measurement of SEA temperature - important for weather, fishing & maybe navigation (storm predictions). SEA temperatures aren't as variable as air temps, but then again, I wasn't looking in the Arctic/Antarctic, that's important - where one actually looks...

Another interesting phenomena, is that equatorial locations are either way too hot or humid for me (& most people?)
-OR- almost completely temperate (alpine locations excepted). Adama Ethiopia and Sochi Russia made the first cut, but Sochi gets too cold 3 months out of the year and the wifey nixed Ethiopia. Point being MICROCLIMATES make broad exceptions to "average" climate statistics.

Not going to address the climate change issue, I've pretty much made my arguments already in other threads.

ganjoa

edit on 2020-1-21 by ganjoa because: post got terminated in feed

edit on 2020-1-21 by ganjoa because: HEY can't use < and = together, weirds out feed display

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: Waterglass

When looking at global warming you need to look at the global average temperature.

Tho this may be a valid point for a different question, this is not helpful in answering the topic's question of why the average temperature at the equator remains unaffected during a period where the global average is reported to have changed.

I'll answer the question.

Because local average and global average are two different things

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Just like they are attacking eating meat. I have an article from 2009 stating that all humans and animals are carbon neutral. Thus are closed loop as same carbon in is same carbon out.

All I know is that I went 100% vegan this summer for 8 weeks. Got heavier and still cant get off those pounds. Then again I never saw a cow in skinny jeans.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Okay, I'll answer the question in your OP.

Because local average and global average are two different things

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   
How about this ?

Areas near the equator receive more direct solar radiation than areas near the poles. However, these areas do not constantly get warmer and warmer, because the ocean currents and winds transport the heat from the lower latitudes near the equator to higher latitudes near the poles.

Large quantities of heat can be absorbed and stored in the surface layers of the ocean. This heat is transported by ocean currents. In this way, the ocean currents help regulate Earth's climate by facilitating the transfer of heat from warm tropical areas to colder areas near the poles.

www.ces.fau.edu...

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
If the entire planet is getting warmer then all cities should see temp increases.

Even ones on the Equator.

They do.....ON AVERAGE

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:55 PM
link   
USA

Europe

Australia

Global

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Like no kidding. I am centered and focused only on the equator. Go write you own thread.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

When looking at global warming you need to look at the global average temperature.

Shhh,,,,noooooooo,
If folks know that , that would shoot down all of the "Global Warming" propaganda we successfully have instilled in the willfully ignorant.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Going with unscientific, coupled with my "pretty good for a 'Murican" grasp of Geography, your list of cities seems to be jungles, coastal or island climates - typically very stable - moderated by the jungle or by ocean temperatures / air currents. Whereas in the US, we deal with the jet streams whic fluctuate wildly in latitude.

Also, the equator is only the closest point to the sun on the spring equinox and autumn equinox. The difference in distance to the sun from the closest to the furthest point of Earth to Sun is negligible. You can fit around 109 Earth diameters between Earth and the sun, so a difference of less than half the diameter of one Earth doesn't mean much.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: neo96

Just like they are attacking eating meat. I have an article from 2009 stating that all humans and animals are carbon neutral. Thus are closed loop as same carbon in is same carbon out.

All I know is that I went 100% vegan this summer for 8 weeks. Got heavier and still cant get off those pounds. Then again I never saw a cow in skinny jeans.

This happens to a lot of people who try going vegan, because they don't know how to put proper nutrition together efficiently.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

You can fit around 109 Earth diameters between Earth and the sun, so a difference of less than half the diameter of one Earth doesn't mean much.

Actually the diameter of earth is 7,917 miles. The distance from Earth to the Sun is about 93,000,000 miles. So, you can fit about 11,747 Earths between the Earth and Sun.

Anyways I think what he is trying to get at has to do with the equator receiving more of the suns direct rays. This is proven just by the fact we have polar ice caps.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Are you having problems with your antenna today. I attached the link to the original thread as to where i obtained those cities. You know what is really bad. When the climate change CO2 guys try to discredit a thread. That tells me that you are aren't above board. Nor is Greenpeace.

Ortho Bug Be Gone?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

all humans and animals are carbon neutral. Thus are closed loop as same carbon in is same carbon out.

True

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join