It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumps opening comments at Davos - '''We've found the answers'''

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Oooooh how exciting, trump said something good will happen at some point, somewhere, the anticipation is overwhelming.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA
a reply to: Wardaddy454

ONE consists of two separate non-profit organizations:

The ONE Campaign is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) organization that educates the public and raises awareness of the crisis of extreme poverty around the globe and the progress being made against it through life-saving programs. (RED) is a division of The ONE Campaign, and partners with some of the world’s most iconic brands, such as Apple, Bank of America, The Coca-Cola Company, Beats by Dre and Belvedere, who contribute up to 50% of net profits from the sale of (RED)-branded products and services to The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
ONE Action is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) organization that presses lawmakers to support smart, effective policies and programs that are saving lives, educating children and helping those living in the world’s poorest countries lift themselves out of poverty.
Each year, ONE completes a Form 990 (see below) for both the ONE Campaign and ONE Action. This is an annual reporting return that federally tax-exempt organizations must file with the US Internal Revenue Service. It provides information on the filing organization’s mission, programs and finances. The most recently filed form is for 2018.

Very good info. Thanks..good to know.

EDIT: Wait. You have a problem with a young teen having an adult chaperone as she travels the world spreading an important (to whomever) message? That's how best to nurture teens: ensure that they have protection as they reach their aspirations. God Willing, every one of them will achieve their highest potential.

Why would you want to shoot them down?

Why is this random person that works for an organization funded by two Soros organizations the chaperone, and not one of her parents?

And you really think subjecting her to the world stage like this is going to nurture her? Has it worked well for other child stars?

I question where the message comes from. And let us not forget history. Soros, who views his time working for the Nazis as enjoyable, saw first hand the power of Goebbels' use of children to spread his propaganda.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You know, I wonder if this might have anything to do with the fusion reactor Lockheed-Martin is working on.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why is this random person that works for an organization funded by two Soros organizations the chaperone, and not one of her parents?

I don't know about the chaperone's funding

And you really think subjecting her to the world stage like this is going to nurture her?

Yes

Has it worked well for other child stars?

They are not "child stars"... they are the upstarts who will be running the world in 20 years.

And, yes. Malala is a hero. So is Greta. At least from my POV

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Apparently not a "random person" ..... and what is the problem with Soros? Her parents are behind her, too, as I understand.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Every single politician has said "Something good is coming soon". Not those exact words but the exact implication and we have to see anything come to fruition so i'm not going to hold my breath on this one either.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

And you really think subjecting her to the world stage like this is going to nurture her?

Yes

They are not "child stars"... they are the upstarts who will be running the world in 20 years.

Hero? Please describe your reasoning for calling them heroes. What did they do? Who's lives did they save?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Yes

It isn't good when she has been "weaponized" though. She may not know it, but she is being steered by people with malevolent intentions. This is plain as day.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't really bother with words of a man that thinks that an american invented the wheel

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Pick the top 5 and tell me why.

I love COVFEFE!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

and what is the problem with Soros?

We need know nothing more about you now. Thanks for playing.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Classic rain making politician speak. If it was real and revolutionary world saving tech, why keep it hidden? Obvious bull# is obvious.

Make a vague comment something good will happen wit no specifics or detail then when something good happens claim the credit for it. If it doesn't happen no doubt he'll blame the shadow government.

Personally I don't put much weight in the claims of a man who lacks basic scientific knowledge, education, has the vocabulary of an upsidedown calculator and has a long record of making ludicrous # up like 'windmils cause cancer'.

edit on 23-1-2020 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
I love COVFEFE!!!

That's nice.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

Yes

Hero? Please describe your reasoning for calling them heroes. What did they do? Who's lives did they save?

In the case of Malala a few hundred thousand and several thousand young girls held hostage by various Islamic terror groups around the world.

She was repeatedly shot in the head by the Taliban for going to school, yet refused to give in to them and risked her life to campaign internationally to secure more rights and education for women all over the world and fighting oppressive regimes.

Good read here: www.bbc.co.uk...

Pretty damn heroic for a young child and became the world's youngest Nobel-laureate.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Yes

Then why aren't they around here. You don't know, but you're certain its nothing nefarious so long as they "support" her.

And you think that, and this worldwide trip and the internet fame is nurturing her. You don't know, so you have to believe it.

More often than not "child stars" grow to have some issues in their adult lives, specifically because their childhood was different than the norm.

Lastly, Greta and her message is nowhere in the same galaxy as Malala. That's actually insulting to Malala.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

It's a thought. ITER in Saint-Paul-lès-Durance (France) aims to show a tenfold increase in thermal power over what it takes to heat the plasma in the first place, but I was under the impression they were still years away from their result. The CFR at Skunkworks is promising and last I read they were hoping to go online with their T5 late last year/early this year, so who knows.

It would definitely be a game-changer.

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

ITER has a timeline of "first plasma" in the 2030s

Lockheed's CFR is anybody's guess since they do not have a specific time line and do not have to do anything public (publish results, give updates, etc). And yup, T5 was supposed to be completed and ready for testing end of 2019.

Wendelstein 7-X is shut down for upgrades but the upgrades are for the final configuration with water cooling the carbon tiles that divert impurities out of the reactor being complete this year, 2020. It takes a bit of testing and cooling down, so probably first shots in early 2021 as they aim for a 15 minute steady state burn.

Nice article up at hackaday.com that also talks about what the Chinese are doing:
Nuclear Fusion At 100: The Hidden Race For Energy Supremacy.

I just think it is weird that a teenaged girl gets middle aged men so POd by talking about not trashing the planet! Who would have thunk a twitter battle and a speech at Davos aimed at a 16 year old girl... ah, what wretched times are these when a grown man will say 'Ni' to an old woman!

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

They spoke truth to power and evil. They have brought attention to the starkly irresponsible behavior of adults who can not see past their own adult faces, and who seek money and power over peace and democracy. They want violence, and lots of it.

Do you not know who Malala is?

The half a BILLION animals who died in Australia are victims of climate irresponsibility. Do you not know who Greta is?

These are the young women speaking out for equality, EDUCATION, protection of our ONE EARTH. These are the heroes.

Think whatever you want. I know who matters.

edit on 23-1-2020 by VeeTNA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Wow.

Know what? EVERYONE has to "grow" and to "have some issues in their adult lives",

because growing up.

specifically because their childhood was different than the norm."

What do you define as "the norm"? Education, respect for the planet and all living things, and kindness were "normal" in my children's' upbringing. Stewardship. It's a thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I am grappling with and largely failing to understand the implications of the Wendelstein 7X diverter upgrade in pursuit of steady-state operation. The stellarator is my new rabbit hole. Thanks for that link!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join