It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to join US, create new space force over ‘new threats’ – PM Abe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

If you can find a way to get something like 8700 tons into orbit.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Lol, yeah no kidding right.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Gothmog

Working closely with the US, the unit will protect Japan's interstellar interests, such as satellites and rockets, Sky News reported

Wait , what ?
Japan has advanced to INTERSTELLAR ?
Do tell....
(bold by me for subject matter)
Satellites and Rockets. Where ever they decide to send them that far out I guess.

The US is the only nation with an object in Intersteller space, an achievement by the only greatest nation on Earth.

I thought they may have raised and re-outfitted the Yamato and added the Wave Motion Gun .

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
calling it weaponizing space is kinda funny at this time, its a bunch of computer nerds, engineers, and some officers that will stand there and try to act like they are important, with a primary purpose of tracking debris and satellites.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop
We'll be unbeatable. Ultraman and Power Rangers together.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
Yea. Weaponizing space was naturally the next best way for humanity to keep the warfare going..

And guess who's leading the way.

Japan was probably blackmailed into this as they are pacifists as a nation and people.... Warfare was never their primary goal. One would think they would strengthen their current earth bound armies first before maneuvering into space

I wonder if they'll be forced to use camo uniforms in order for the US to save face.

Presumably this will twist our allies' hands to follow suit

Next: the moon. Naturally.

How old are you? You know we forced japan to only have a defence force llol, "hukt on fonxs wurkt fir mee!"

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am going to suppose that a US Space Force will have personnel that are not going to be stationed exclusively in spacecraft.

True. The U.S. Air Force Space Command, which had been around since 1982 before merging into this new dedicated space command, has yet to have people stationed on spacecraft to actively carry out the Space Command's mission in their 37-year history.

...well, as far as we know

Seriously though, people really need to read up on what the mission of this new combined/dedicated space force is. It is not that much different than the mission of the original space commands that the Air Force and Navy operated for the past 35+ years.

Granted, even these Navy and Air Force predecessors of the current Space Force had adjusted specifics of their missions since the 1980s to change with the times.

edit on 1/20/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Can't wait for the SDF-1 to finally really to be built.

Don't mess with Japan when it comes to futuristic Space Ships.

Can't wait to see what them come up with.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Japan was probably blackmailed into this as they are pacifists as a nation and people.... Warfare was never their primary goal. 

The rest of Asia looks up and says: Whaaaat?

Somebody needs a history lesson.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 20-1-2020 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I support this action by Japan in helping to keep this planet safe from threats. We all need to be ready in case we find something that is not at all friendly.

edit on 1 20 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Can't wait for the SDF-1 to finally really to be built.

Don't mess with Japan when it comes to futuristic Space Ships.

Can't wait to see what them come up with.

My thoughts exactly...

Robotics, electronics, design... the Japanese would excel in these fields if they were unleashed and it could change the world in so many ways. The technological advancements...

Japans been neutered long enough, WW2 was horrific on all sides - its time to allow Japan the opportunity to be unleashed again. They wont turn into the barbaric Bataan Death March masters again.. being nuked twice will do that to you and society has changed..

I remember reading a book a few years ago, I cant remember the title but it was a scientists vision of how the world would look in the next 50yrs.

He talked about space forces and massive launching platforms... He spoke that Japan, Turkey and the US would be the leaders in space colonization.. I will go and try to find that book and reread it, see how Japan and the US started in his vision.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Yea. Weaponizing space was naturally the next best way for humanity to keep the warfare going..

Japan was probably blackmailed into this as they are pacifists as a nation and people.... Warfare was never their primary goal. One would think they would strengthen their current earth bound armies first before maneuvering into space

I wonder if they'll be forced to use camo uniforms in order for the US to save face.

That's just quackery speak. Space force initiatives are defensive first most. Did Japan attack North Korea when Kim launched missiles over Japan to taunt them? Nope.

Quackery speak is saying war machines are built for peace.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Finally... Gundams will be real

www.popularmechanics.com...

well, it turns out Japan was already planning on sending gundams to space this year!
edit on 20-1-2020 by dubiousatworst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   
With the interstellar stones being thrown at us with barely 24 hours of a close shave notice Id say the Space Force will be beneficial. Id welcome Japan/US working together on the ground floor. If we are REALLY cool we can lasso a coupla rocks with some rare minerals and no hitchhiking critters.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

More likely, Japan and us build super duper destructive weapons that are used on us,yay.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I wouldn'y say warfare was never their primary goal. List of nations controlled under Imperial Japan

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Advantage

More likely, Japan and us build super duper destructive weapons that are used on us,yay.

Oh dont be a negative Nancy.
You gotta taje the good with the bad, and if you have a space force... thats pretty good. I thought the rebels were the bad guys in Star Wars... so Im all for the all black uniforms and such. Snazzy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join