It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heinz Steals the Drug Dilemma...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

In Europe, a woman was near death from a special kind of cancer. There was one drug that the doctors thought might save her. It was a form of radium that a pharmacist in the same town had recently discovered. The drug was expensive to make, but the pharmacist was charging $2000, or 10 times the cost of the drug, for a small (possibly life-saving) dose. Heinz, the sick woman's husband, borrowed all the money he could, about $1000, or half of what he needed. He told the pharmacist that his wife was dying and asked him to sell the drug cheaper, or to let him pay later. The pharmacist replied, 'No, I discovered the drug and I'm going to make money from it.' Heinz then became desperate and broke into the store to steal the drug for his wife.

Should Heinz have done that?

Although i would prefer someone (between age 9 to 17) answer that question...Everybody is welcome to answer it? I am writing a survey paper about it for my english class?

Please state your age?

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Should Heinz have done that?

To be honest, if i were in his position I would break in and steal the drug knowing full well it was against the law.
However when she got better I would own up to the crime, mainly because I would know I had commited a wrong to perform a right
Nobody is above the law not even the just.

Please state your age?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
UK Wizard:
Thank you for responding...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Come on people it only takes a couple of minutes to think of what you would do and its helping out a fellow member

[edit on 10-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm a little over your target age, at 25, but hopefully it helps.

I personally think that putting capitalisation before a human life is a disgraceful act, so I would therefore condone Heinz' actions. If it was me in that position, I would not only steal the drug, but also steal enough of the drug to freely distribute to other sufferers who would die whtout it. If I had the grand that Heinz did, I might leave the guy enough money to cover his costs, depending on how mad I was with the man.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
im 15

yes he had the right to do that because only rich people could buy that drug and that is way to expensive i mean cmon he shouldnt be concerend about the size of his wallet.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by outrider]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thank you all for replying...

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
20 years old.

I think Heinz did the right thing in the heat of the moment by stealing, but should fess up to the crime once his wife is recuperating.

new topics

top topics

join