It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is consciousness the single fundamental thing in the universe ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
The only reality is God.

I'm sick and tired of the philosophical materialist denying the evidence. You simply cannot ignore the IT the decides something is being observed in double slit type experiments in quantum mechanics. Reality has a measurable consciousness element to it.

And since we are made of the very same substance as reality, our minds are part of the same cosmic consciousness.

I don't think people appreciate the subtle ways in which nature behaves. It seems the way the Universe is working it's always realizing unimaginable possibilities into reality. Nature just seems to be predictable. It's all the other unpredictable stuff that happens that is more interesting.

God is the only word that represents what is happening because we do not live in a clockwork Universe with hard determinism. God continues to play dice as the experiments in quantum mechanics continue to show.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: dude1
If there is a dreamer it is God.
God is dreaming.

The laws of physics are God's blood and everything else in the Universe is God's appendages. God is the source of why electrons have charge and move at all. Mathematical equations may represent nature's behaviors but God is the music that transcends the physics of the vinyl record player.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dude1
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Not a relevance difference. If its you or the next door neighbor that is the dreamer , does it matter ?

No one is dreaming.
No thing to grasp on to.
All is morphing and disappearing at the same instant it appears.

It's a movie.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
A movie based on the real world..

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dude1
The movie appears on the screen of consciousness (the interface) and is made of the screen of consciousness..... there is nothing else.

Amazingly the screen is overlooked even though its all there is.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Movie on the screen of consciousness , behind which sit the screen of consciousness , behind which sit consciousness , behind which sit the world.
One can ignore ANY of them , and that is find..

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: gosseyn
What if there is not a perceiver separate from the perceived?

What if there are no nouns?

What if, what is occuring is all there is?

The visible image is the manifestation of the invisible God.

What is appearing is disappearing .......but there is belief in solid things.

What if your intuition that there is no perceiver is just a trick of the interface ?

What if things appear, then become solid, then disappear ?

What if god is just a name for something you can't possibly understand ?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn

Hoffman admits there are holes in his theory(like for example, what's the point of evolution and scarcity then?)

When the more fundamental layers of reality are realized - which I think you successfully state as consciousness - you eventually have to drop the old theories that no longer match it. Evolution is a farce that has prevented these deeper realities from being realized as they actually are.

We should not pander all ideas to the theory of evolution, because it is an old obsolete material reductionist philosophy that doesn't realize the Primordial Consciousness as the founder of all matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Hoffman admits there are holes in his theory(like for example, what's the point of evolution and scarcity then?)

When the more fundamental layers of reality are realized - which I think you successfully state as consciousness - you eventually have to drop the old theories that no longer match it. Evolution is a farce that has prevented these deeper realities from being realized as they actually are.

We should not pander all ideas to the theory of evolution, because it is an old obsolete material reductionist philosophy that doesn't realize the Primordial Consciousness as the founder of all matter.

Hoffman is saying that these theories have their usefulness but only in the context of the interface. And at some point, even if the nature of the interface is totally different from the nature of the reality behind the interface, you have to ask yourself "why is there even an interface?", and "why do we find something like evolution inside the interface?".
edit on 19-1-2020 by gosseyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hoffman is saying that these theories have their usefulness but only in the context of the interface. And at some point, even if the nature of the interface is totally different from the nature of the reality behind the interface, you have to ask yourself "why is there even an interface?", and "why do we find something like evolution inside the interface?".

Then I guess it depends on the Programmer of the Interface. Would It rely on what is essentially a random number generator (i.e. evolution) or would it have implemented all things according to a particular order? The Sims were programmed to be artificial replicas of living humans. They were programmed to be that way on Purpose by the Designer.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Nothin

Well, the only thing we can be sure of, is that we have conscious experiences. Whether these experiences are an illusion or hallucinations, we still experience those. Even people who are experienced in meditation wouldn't question the existence of awareness.

Agreed: this that is, is all there is.
We do not know the nature of this, and so why not question ?

Could this not be the hive-consciousness, of the trillions of bacteria in 'our' guts ?
We imagine this awareness, as emanating from our brains, in our heads.
But our brain is, on multiple physiological levels, deeply connected to our guts.
The gut-brain connection

So agreed: yeah, but what the hell is 'this' ?
Possibly beyond our comprehension, but just something to ponder while we're here, LoL !

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Prove to me that consciousness exists.
Prove to me that anything other than humans have a consciousness.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
This is a light show. Consciousness is projected into a holographic sea of sentient particles. The particles are programmed to interact with our physical senses so that we can experience a material realm. Think of pixels on a computer monitor that are programmed to change color with each new scene. Our consciousness 'moves ' through this realm the same way. We create this reality through our intentions, expectations and beliefs. We are way more powerful than what most people realize

I read this without looking to see who wrote it and when I finished my first thought was , That sounds like something troy would say.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
What happens when your consciousness stops?

Can it stop?

Did it have a start?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

You are reading this sentence.

Can't prove anything other than myself is conscious. Even other people where 99.9999 percent of them are outside my bubble of perception and consist of statistics and fleeting images. NPCs. Without being able to see from another person's perspective, all I can do is assume I'm similar to the other creatures I perceive and therefore if I am conscious then they are, too. But it's just an assumption. This could very well all be talking place in my head, so to speak. Assuming in the greater reality I even have one.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Damned if you did believe it, and damned if you dont.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   
you guys might be interested in the recent study from the Monroe Institute. They basically prove the consciousness is not confined to the human body.

Discovery Update: EEG-monitored Psi Study at Monroe, Part I—Participant Brain-Wave Analyses
www.monroeinstitute.org...

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep
I guess I'm pretty predictable by now lol

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Hoffman is saying that if science is today facing what is literally called the hard problem of consciousness, it's because we are looking at neurons for the answer. But since neurons are just part of the interface, they can't tell us anything about what is really happening there. Neurons, like everything inside the interface, including space and time, are just symbols that point to something in the reality behind the interface. We don't know what's there. We don't know what 'fuels' consciousness, and we don't even see it. Our interface as humans is specific to our species, and it has not evolved to see these things, whatever they may be. Our interface has evolved to help us see fitness payoffs in the context of evolution, not the truth of the reality behind the interface. And in fact, according to Hoffman's research and simulations, evolution doesn't favor organisms that can see the reality as it really is, but it favors organisms that are fit.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hey gosseyn: This article may interest you: Atlast
It concerns particle physics, the Standard Model, and the decay of fermions, indicating the Higgs-Boson as an interactive force between particles we already have evidence that exist and make up physical matter. What's interesting about it aggregate to your OP, is the Higgs-Boson was found primarily by the decay of other particles, and of course, using a Large Hedron Collider at high speeds to produce the decay to prove the existence of the Higgs Boson. Though not readily apparent in your OP's discussion of consciousness, I think it applies here to the "reality" of consciousness in the search for particulate matter, the Standard Model and finding the Higgs Boson where it was expected to be seen......
regards,
tetra50
ETA: I am ruminating over your statement that perhaps consciousness is hallucination. Can't quite seem to shake that idea. In my tripping days (some years ago) hallucinations definitely changed and affected my perceptions of consciousness. There is a novel by Frank Herbert, author of the Dune series, I think, and can't remember the name of the novel but it was one of his first. In the novel, society created clones to space travel and explore. A sort of "mental core" operated the ship's functions. The core always went insane, though. On one of these explorations, the clones were faced with the task of creating a new mental core, a consciousness, in order to run the ship's functions. Might prove interesting reading for you.
edit on 20-1-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

"Destination: Void" is the name of the book.
edit on 20-1-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join