It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians and Vegans and others. What do you do with the animals?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Vegetarians lived and died before you were even born, so I don't think it has anything to do with when you were issued.
It is just your physical make up. What is a person to do?

Those Vegetarians I mainly relate to are NOT human (they were very large reptiles) ate the planet bald and oops gravity defined the reason why there had to be a mass murder.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

OK, I guess.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

if we were all to switch to vegetarianism , the best idea would be to cull nearly the entire population of domesticated animals for food
as one years population being culled does not equal the total number of animals we have farmed and killed for food since agriculture began so in a sense it would be the most humane way to end their suffering for good but many would want them to live out their lives until they died from natural causes, but again not a good idea as such large population of domesticated animals would require a large volume of feedstock.
Ideally the best thing to do would be to cause as little suffering as possible.

but even if the majority of earthlings switched to non meat diets , we'd still see a large number of animals on the black market
as some people would never give up meat because of their ego
edit on 21-1-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It will never happen because like the poster above me said, people will never give up feeding their ego. I suppose for some, a few minutes of taste is worth a life-time of suffering.

If it ever did happen, nature would take care of the balance.

Unfortunately humans are way past ever finding balance or peace again, not in our future. The damage is done. Everything is disposable. People consume massive quantities of food and most don't even know where their food comes from nor do they care. It's vile.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Liquesence

PETA kills more in their animal shelters than pretty much any other shelter service out there. They're the form of radical I alluding to. But what do we do with all the animals who now serve no purpose? Extinctions are extinctions even in extreme slow motion.

All creatures on this Earth serve a purpose. Don't be ignorant.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADUB77
Humans are meant to eat meat

We are a scavenging animal like carrion, we can detect rotting meat as good as any mammal

Also our bodies don’t produce B12 with which you will die without

The only way to get B12 is from ruminants which are animals with specially designed stomachs for processing grass for us

So if we don’t get b12 from animals below in the food chain where do we get it?

Research indicates only 2 organisms on the planet make B12 and I bet a lot of B12 supplements and thinks “fortified” with B12 are actually animal based

Every single thing you stated here is entirely false.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Female cows don't produce milk because they are cows. They produce milk because they are mothers.
Ever see a baby calf being born and then dragged away while it screaming for it's mother? and the mother whining for it's baby? And the baby being deprived it's mothers milk?

But again, human ego. We will come up with all kinds of defensive remarks and sarcastic answers because we all know milk does a body good. After all, we can all trust the dairy industry.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: daskakik

I know what free range means but if you kill the animal to eat it then it still means it met a violent death. There is a reason why "they" say meat is murder.

The animal meets death period, would you consider painless death inhumane? Compare that to starving to death, or death by wolf pack...

Waiting for the animal to die from age may also be somewhat inhumane. Have you ever had a family pet put down? I just think you are stretching it some though I agree with a humane life and a humane death.

Painless death?
Uhm… are you new to this planet? Own a TV? Ever watch YouTube? or the news? Anything?
I can't even..

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl
Not much different than what I said, except for the weaning part.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

Painless death?
Uhm… are you new to this planet? Own a TV? Ever watch YouTube? or the news? Anything?
I can't even..

I'm not sure your point with you statement. I suggested a humane life and a humane death is what free range is trying to provide.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Aye totally agree , I mean meat by itself isnt necessarily that tasty , hence why we add everything from herbs and spices to it and have vegetables to go along with it.

We eat not for survival but for pleasure most of the time, meals are all about satisfaction , why we have so many recipes for meals.

I think if we globally returned to nature , in a sense we were each responsible for our food production in the sense we all became a agricultural civilisation again rather than a technological based civilsation.

I think that earth has all of the solutions to our problems we just need to reconnect with that ideaology and practice

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl

Painless death?
I can't even..

I'm not sure your point with you statement. I suggested a humane life and a humane death is what free range is trying to provide.

We are getting better at that as boutique producers actually have a way to advertise organic "humane husbandry natural grass/grains and a humane death" makes for a better product. It is not practical for the normal home owner to raise a steer or have a milk cow or farm chickens in their 80'x120' lot in a CCR regulated neighborhood.

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:17 AM
link   

not practical but a group of like minded citizens could muck in together and purchase a small holding and work as a community to feed themselves

My friend runs a community biochar food bank in Boness in Scotland , he has won 450K of funding from the UK / EU block grant to help with running costs and to buy more housing kits and to hire more workers to develop the area

posted on Jan, 24 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I am so glad I gave up drinking milk , I still eat eggs though , which I get from my mothers battery rescue hens , who now live a life of luxury on her farm.
I still love cheese as well I think that animals can give us all we enjoy and we can still have a balanced life with them involved in our food chain , but we have totally abused that relationship for greed and profit.

WHen I stopped drinking milk completely my skin improved I stopped getting bad acne on my back and shoulders
my skin felt less oily.

I now drink oat milk .

I am leaning towards a celtic diet , and by that I mean vegetables monday to friday and most weekends, but I can enjoy a piece of meat at a celebration or on a full moon if I desire , the full moon part was just me adding my own personal point , at which I can eat meat If I feel like it.

But I stick to vegetables 7 days a week , last time I ate meat was at christmas , but before that it was 3 years ago on my friends birthday .

I rarely get the feeling to eat meat , because when I do , it isnt too great on the old stomach or bowels hahah
but I know its a lot harder to get the essential vitamins minerals and oils from plants and seeds, you really need to work hard at that discipline and stick to it .

I see alot of people going vegan but just eat what I can only described as Vegan junk food , Id rather eat a plate of plain vegetables than that trash

Once again ego creeps in , even into the vegan world , where its all about satisfaction rather than survival

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join