It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetable Lasagna Roll-Ups

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Now if I can find an easy way to boil those pesky lasagna noodles

Try the non boil noodles.. they are super easy to work with even in ordinary sheet lasagna.

www.epicurious.com...

AM mentions them in his post as well DTOM.. they really are awesome to work with.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

But then you can't roll them up, lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

But they are stiff.
So, unless you can find fresh noodles....

I think Liquesence's method is worth a try.....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What I hate most is how slippery they are, and they tear for me sometimes.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Liquesence
I love a good garlic white-sauce dish, but usually go for the tomato-based for lasagna.

But whatever works, as long as people are cooking and not eating packaged crap.

What, you mean you are not a fan of that brand of lasagna that shall remain nameless, in the red boxes??
I'm shocked

LMAO

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

But then you can't roll them up, lol.

Yeah.. I guess they are a little stiff to roll. Have made regular lasagna with them and it was so easy and made such neat nicely stacked lasagna.

I didn’t think that perhaps they wouldn’t roll well.πŸ˜† What about dipping them in marinara sauce for awhile to soften slightly. Then put some gloves on to roll ? The marinara sauce would be on the inside of the rolls, too.

Where there is a will , there is a way of not dealing with pesky cooked noodles that stick together.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Our big grocery store (we're in the sticks) has lasagna "sheets" (sounds funny, probably happens) which are awesome! They're no boil as well, but you're limited to using a 9Γ—13 pan.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Our big grocery store (we're in the sticks) has lasagna "sheets" (sounds funny, probably happens) which are awesome! They're no boil as well, but you're limited to using a 9Γ—13 pan.

Yes.. I’ve purchased those.. and those are the ones I thought if cut into strips could work for the roll ups. Forgot how they are on the firm side though πŸ˜†. I do think cutting those sheets .. presoaking a bit in marinara sauce would do the trick though.

Going to try and make these roll ups with cooked chicken added and presoak the no boil sheets after cutting in strips.

Probably won’t turn out.. πŸ˜†.. never been that great in the kitchen. ( though I can make gravy from scratch πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†)

edit on 20-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you can make edible gravy, not from a can (πŸ˜‚), then you can make anything.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
What, you mean you are not a fan of that brand of lasagna that shall remain nameless, in the red boxes??
I'm shocked

LMAO

No, LOL. It's actually pretty easy to make homemade lasagna especially with the no-boil sheets.

One day I'll get around to making a thread about how to cook some dishes that people mistakenly think are complicated but are in reality quite simple.

edit on 20-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Q indicted it

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I soak no-boil sheets when I'm making a lasagna, or other dishes, that aren't very moist. The noodles tend to absorb quite a bit of liquid and can make dishes lighter on sauce curdled in texture instead of creamy.

edit on 20-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Q indicted it

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Paris Hilton beat you to the lassgna making video. No one ever really needs to make another one.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Wait, what? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
I'm shocked

LMAO

It's actually pretty easy to make homemade lasagna especially with the no-boil sheets.

One day I'll get around to making a thread about how to cook some dishes that people mistakenly think are complicated but are in reality quite simple.

I'm all for some good authentic Italian recipes. A few years ago I found a lasagna recipe that had great reviews. I made it and it was not worth making again.

I found this one today, which seems promising.

I've never made my own pasta, but plan to try the no boil pasta, if if is, in fact, thinner. Regular lasagna is way too thick.

I *always* make my own sauce, though, whether marinara, meat, spaghetti, alfredo, etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I soak no-boil sheets when I'm making a lasagna, or other dishes, that aren't very moist. The noodles tend to absorb quite a bit of liquid and can make dishes lighter on sauce curdled in texture instead of creamy.

Thanks for the tip.. can I ask what you presoak them in ?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

To quote Paris, "It's hot."

Lol. You will be amazed by her "infamous" lasagna, that she's cooked "so many times" πŸ˜‚.

I think it's satire, but I can't tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yeah, I make a lot of my own pasta but the no-boil lasagna sheets work the best. It allows you to get many layers for your dish which is the hallmark of lasagna. The veggie one I made had 5, my meat-based one has 7-10 depending on which pan I use. It should be more like a napoleon than anything else.

Also, make a besciamella for even more authentic taste and consistency.

edit on 20-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: πŸ‘β€πŸ•

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

As if we needed another reason to toss her into a well.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Thanks for the tip.. can I ask what you presoak them in ?

Very hot tap water. They still may be tough to form in a cylinder as I've never tried that but the longest I've soaked them is 15 minutes.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

presoaking a bit in marinara sauce would do the trick though.

Messy!

Going to try and make these roll ups with cooked chicken added and presoak the no boil sheets after cutting in strips.

Having never used the no-bake sheets, I would think if you soak them in hot water like AM said, or perhaps parboil them, to where they are flexible, it might work. Or, just use regular lasagna noodles. I've never had a problem with regular lasagna tearing or sticking. Only boiled mine for 8-9 mins.

Chicken might be good, too, in the cheese mixture. Shredded with a fork, then mixed in. And as mentioned earlier, maybe even some ground chuck for those who prefer beef.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Having never used the no-bake sheets, I would think if you soak them in hot water like AM said, or perhaps parboil them, to where they are flexible, it might work.

Sounds like that would work...the rolling with marinara sauce would not only be messy but a bit slippery as well... so parboil would work I think for the no bake noodles.

Probably does work fine with just regular noodles as well. πŸ‘πŸΌ Either way .. nice recipe !

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join