It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckingham Palace : Harry and Meghan will not use HRH titles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Buckingham Palace have announced a deal on Harry and Megha's future has been done , from Spring of this year they will cease to use their HRH titles and stop receiving public funding , they will also repay the £2.4 million of taxpayer money they spent on refurbishing Frogmore Cottage ...which is nice.

The Queen said following "many months of conversations and more recent discussions" she was "pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family".

"Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family," the statement continued.

"I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.

"I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.

"It is my whole family's hope that today's agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life."

"While they can no longer formally represent the Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty," the statement added.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I wish them luck for the future and happiness in their new lives.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So the HRH bit...that automatically loses them their bodyguards....I'm not clear on the title bit...are they still keeping their Duke and Duchess of Sussex title? The HRH is for Prince and Princess no?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Not sure about either to be honest , if they're losing tax payer funding then I guess that includes security but that detail is likely in the small print.

Not sure if the Duke and Duchess thing comes with the HRH , interesting point.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
That's how I read the statement, though it doesn't spell the point out. The "Duke" title is not specifically royal- in fact even Wallis Simpson was allowed to be Duchess of Windsor, though she wasn't allowed to be an HRH.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

She signed a contract with Disney, and I am sure Harry will still have access to the Royal treasury through some sort of loophole. I'm sure they will be fine.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm going to guess their still doing wrong relinquishing titles, duties, security...

I don't what else the elephant in the room could possibly be..

How is this going to get flipped

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

She signed a contract with Disney, and I am sure Harry will still have access to the Royal treasury through some sort of loophole. I'm sure they will be fine.

Yes.. They will be. By earning money and not part of 'royals'...

Weird how a pedo gets a pass, but wanting to leave that circle turns you into a target..

Bizzarro world
edit on 18-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Losing the HRH defo means they lose their security...remember Diana?

HRH normally goes with Prince/Princess, The Duke/Duchess is a 'gift' if you will from the Queen. So I'm guessing as they have trade marked the Sussex 'brand'.....they will keep those titles .....as DISRELI pointed to Edward and Wallis...they were demoted to that with no HRH. That way Harry can still earn off the 'brand'.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

He gets about £2.5 million a year from his dad's Duchy of Cornwall estate , I doubt that will change just because he's left home.
edit on 18-1-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Can someone explain to me what the duchy of cornwall estate includes. I read a brief history of creation but what are it’s actual functions?

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I think this sums it up.

​The Duchy of Cornwall is a private estate established by Edward III in 1337 to provide independence to his son and heir,
duchyofcornwall.org...

It's a money making tool for the future Monarch.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

All I inherited from my family was alcoholism.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Losing the HRH defo means they lose their security...remember Diana?

Diana did have security though, but not sure it was paid for by the State. Her bodyguard survived the crash where she died - he was wearing a seatbelt.

I think the (ex) Royal couple will continue to have some form of UK-paid-for security because of their very high profile. For example, when in the UK they will be protected and I expect the intelligence services will continue to be observant of threats to them. They will after all toggle between Five Eyes countries where intelligence cooperation is very close.

It will be a tad sad if they just end up hiring muscle to act as bouncers.

They are delusional if they think this course of action will get the press off their backs. If anything it will get worse IMHO.

Anyway, I hope that they can make it work and not end up being exploited. The celebrity circuit is notoriously fickle, but I am sure they have the brains and advice to survive and flourish.
edit on 19/1/2020 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

They are delusional if they think this course of action will get the press off their backs. If anything it will get worse IMHO.

Oh the irony of it !!!

Fleeing the racially motivated British press to a country where the President

has form for 'blacking' up.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Rhys-Jones if I remember correctly was provided for Dodi, not Diana.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The Queen is a class act. I'm impressed with how well she handled this.

I hope Harry has fun and enjoys exploring his newfound freedom. This is probably pretty exciting for Harry. Maybe a little bit scary too. But Harry will learn a lot about himself that he (probably) couldn't while serving the Queen.

Go live your best life, Harry!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
The Queen is a class act. I'm impressed with how well she handled this.

I'm thinking the Queen should have done *Brexit*

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Oh yes! She would have made short shrift of all the nonsense, eh? What a shame she can't be in charge of it all.

I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear what she really thinks about it all. Simply through her own life experience, she has wisdom and perspective that few others can know. She has not only lived through some major historical events, but been part of history as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   

He told BBC Breakfast that the overall royal security bill was estimated at more than £100m a year, and that one Canadian security company believed it would cost about £7m a year to protect Harry and Meghan when they are out of the UK.

"The Canadians are not keen on picking up the tab, 

Nope...sure not......

Apparently they won't be living too far away from me either....

edit on 19/1/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Yeah but think of the tourism and prestige your Royal visitors will bring , Royals in the vicinity will no doubt increase the value of your house ... it's win win , you get some Royals and we get rid of some.

top topics

join