It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virginia goes full tyrant. New law will make it more difficult to remove criminals from office.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   

HB 842 Removal of public officers; petition requirements, signature requirements. .

Removal of public officers; petition requirements; signature requirements.

Clarifies that the requirement that a petition for the removal of a public officer be signed under penalty of perjury applies only to the person or persons filing such petition with the circuit court.

Registered voters signing the petition for purposes of reaching the required number of signatures shall not be required to sign under penalty of perjury.

The bill also increases the required number of signatures to a number of registered voters in the locality equal to 25 percent, up from 10 percent, of the total number of votes cast at the last election for the office, and requires the signatures to be collected within a 60-day period.

I dont know what to say anymore.

In addition to the already unconstitutional and unlawful NFA, GCA, Hughes Amendment, Red Coat gun confiscations, Trump's bumpstock ban, NICS, the Import Ban, victim disarmament zones; the newly elected government of Virginia wants to further violate the Second Amendment by introducing more laws.

The people are firmly against it and in response have chosen to do what they are entitled to: remove people from office.

Ralph Northam admits he's in "clearly racist" photo; vows to serve out term amid calls for resignation

Recall Radical Ralph Northam

Remove Gov Ralph Northam from Office

Governor Ralph Northam: You must resign!

So what does the government of Virginia do?

They introduce a Bill to making it more difficult to be removed from office...

See, these are the kinds of actions which reinforce the belief that public "servants" are actually tyrants.

edit on 17-1-2020 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It's probably worse than you think...Virginians are being 'cloistered as well' The world, or at least in my case, the UK can't see, The Virginian Pilot.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Not knowing the complete set of rules and requirements for such a law and what happens if the number of signatures is reached or not;
I will say based on if the signatures are reached, the Government positions is then put up for re-election, then 25% is a lot more reasonable than 10%.

Example;
Joe Bloggs wins his district seat locally with 80% of the total votes.
If the last 20% weren't happy with the outcome, could they not then just petition to have a re-election under the old rules?
Ad infinitum?

Giving 10% of the voter population whom disagrees with an outcome less power to change said outcome is a win?

Unless of course logic doesn't dictate the result of the petition and in Government, logic rarely prevails... so, what am I missing?

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This guy is is mentally and morally bankrupt. I wish him nothing but the worst this planet has to offer the rest of his days for the good of the many. He is the apex of a tyrant in the modern age of the US State Governors. May God have mercy on his soul.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Text:

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:

1. That §§ 24.2-233 and 24.2-235 of the Code of Virginia are amended and reenacted as follows:

§ 24.2-233. Removal of elected and certain appointed officers by courts.

Upon petition, a circuit court may remove from office any elected officer or officer who has been appointed to fill an elective office, residing within the jurisdiction of the court:

1. For neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties when that neglect of duty, misuse of office, or incompetence in the performance of duties has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of the office;

2. Upon conviction of a misdemeanor pursuant to Article 1 (§ 18.2-247 et seq.) or Article 1.1 (§ 18.2-265.1 et seq.) of Chapter 7 of Title 18.2 and after all rights of appeal have terminated involving the:

a. Manufacture, sale, gift, distribution, or possession with intent to manufacture, sell, give, or distribute a controlled substance or marijuana;

b. Sale, possession with intent to sell, or placing an advertisement for the purpose of selling drug paraphernalia; or

c. Possession of any controlled substance or marijuana and such conviction under subdivision a, b, or c has a material adverse effect upon the conduct of such office;

Seems that this bill actually increases the percentage of votes required for removal. Is a bad thing?

The petition must be signed by a number of registered voters who reside within the jurisdiction of the officer equal to ten 25 percent of the total number of votes cast at the last election for the office that the officer holds.

That said, I'm ok with #1, but the concerning thing to me is that it singles out weed.
edit on 17-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The problem with assholes is that they can't leave other people alone.

This guy is clearly an asshole.

Virginians, please do your civic duty and throw this jerk into a sinkhole.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Virginia has a population of about 8 million. So to remove an official through public petition now takes 2 million signatures instead of 800 000 signatures. And this has to be collected in 60 days...

What does it take for the state legislator to vote a public official out? For Trump it is a 2/3 majority of the senate.

What would happen if Ralph Northam did get arrested for something like drink driving or beating his wife? Would he still hold his position until sentencing? What other checks and balances are available when the office is brought into disrepute and the offender fails to get the message to step down?

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Sad to say but I think the people of Virginia will just have to look at him and say ballot or bullet, you are done as of right now.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

What does it take for the state legislator to vote a public official out? For Trump it is a 2/3 majority of the senate.

What would happen if Ralph Northam did get arrested for something like drink driving or beating his wife? Would he still hold his position until sentencing? What other checks and balances are available when the office is brought into disrepute and the offender fails to get the message to step down?

Here's what I found as far as Virginia's process. It should answer your questions.

Virginia has a process that is similar to recall, but it is not listed here as a recall state because its process, while requiring citizen petitions, calls for a recall trial rather than an election. In Virginia, after a petition containing the required number of signatures is verified, a circuit court decides whether a Virginia official will be removed from office. In the recall states, the voters decide in an election.

As far as DUI or domestic violence, I think he would hold his position until proven guilty by a court of law unless he voluntarily resigned. I find it interesting that in Virginia the Circuit Courts seem to have final say even after required signatures. Go figure.

edit on 18-1-2020 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Seems that this bill actually increases the percentage of votes required for removal. Is a bad thing?

I don't see increasing the number of signatures required and having to do so in a very short time frame as a good thing.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Be it on the federal level or the state level.

Northrams party are enemies to civil liberty, and the republic.

When tyranny becomes law.

Rebellion becomes duty.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Let me make sure I have the time line right..

a number of controversial laws are proposed...

large number of Virginians get mad, form militias, second amendment sanctuaries etc.

good number of county sheriffs openly discuss how they will not enforce the law, or take steps to get around the gun control laws.

some twit in the DNC says the governor could use the guard to enforce things.

Governor threatens funding for any police force that doesn't enforce the letter of the law.

the people organize some more...

now we got this new law that makes it harder to remove people from office, and we have people defending this move.....

how can anyone defend this, removing people from office at the state level or higher is not something that occurs very often outside of the normal course of elections so can we try a little thinking here folks.. Now I just woke up and maybe the caffeine hasent hit yet and I am missing something important.
But the only reason I can see for this kind of change is if you plan on doing something that you know will piss off a lot of law abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

a circuit court decides whether a Virginia official will be removed from office

So if a public petition is getting a lot tougher to perform, what about a legal petition? Trashing the constitution has raised a lot of concern. Legalizing infanticide looks like it will have a good case. Surely there is only so far a governor can go in telling the legal branches of government 'no'.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Here's what I found as far as Virginia's process. It should answer your questions.

Virginia has a process that is similar to recall, but it is not listed here as a recall state because its process, while requiring citizen petitions, calls for a recall trial rather than an election. In Virginia, after a petition containing the required number of signatures is verified, a circuit court decides whether a Virginia official will be removed from office. In the recall states, the voters decide in an election.

As far as DUI or domestic violence, I think he would hold his position until proven guilty by a court of law unless he voluntarily resigned. I find it interesting that in Virginia the Circuit Courts seem to have final say even after required signatures. Go figure.

So if someone like Gov Northam has a circuit judge in his pocket ( as we know many politicians today do) then he can just have the activist judge throw it out- just like they’ve been doing already in other places)
edit on 18-1-2020 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I don't see increasing the number of signatures required and having to do so in a very short time frame as a good thing.

Exactly! There's only one purpose for this new bill of recall requirements and that's to make it more difficult for THE PEOPLE to remove the intended person from office. One reason and ONE REASON only! If you look at it that way, this bill serves only one party and here's a hint.....it isn't THE PEOPLE.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

So if someone like Gov Northam has a circuit judge in his pocket ( as we know many politicians today do) then he can just have the activist judge throw it out- just like they’ve been doing already in other places)

Oh its worse than that. Recall that Soros has been making a concerted effort to fund the state elections of judges, DA's, and prosecutors that apparently align with his agenda. Virginia is one of those states. It would seem that Virginia is to become the testbed for that agenda.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Given current Legislative agenda, supported by Governor, making or proposing in your face un-constitutional laws that are roiling the majority of Virginians - raising the recall percentage amounts to 25% is a one party tyrannical move to protect office holders.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets
What soul? His is eaten up by demons. Burning in hell is his afterlife.

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is what i started yesterday

and here is the video I referenced
vimeo.com...

edit on 18-1-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes, nice setup they have for themselves, eh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join