It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil Asset Forfeitures (theft) continue. DEA seizes man's life savings at airport.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

If you don't act like a criminal you're less likely to get treated like one. That much case is extremely suspicious. Especially for a female traveler. It screams mule.

It's my constitutional right to own an AR-15 (or at least the civilian version), but if I turn up with 15 in my trunk then most people would cry foul.

These laws might be open for abuse but they were put in place for very good reasons and are a vital tool at stopping drugs and arms traffickers as well as people smugglers.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
It's my constitutional right to own an AR-15 (or at least the civilian version), but if I turn up with 15 in my trunk then most people would cry foul.

Why? As long as they were all legally purchased who's business is it?

You hear crap like that all the time when someone gets arrested or their home searched for just or unjust reasons, 'They found an arsenal in the man's home!', yet fail to tell you they were all legally obtained.

edit on 20-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   
There's an easy way to fix this problem, if we had a Congress that actually worked. Just pass a law:
  • Anyone whose property is confiscated must be charged with a crime related to the seizure within 24 hours.

• If not charged with a crime related to the seizure within 24 hours, the property is to be returned within 6 hours of the end of the 24 hour deadline.

• Any person not convicted of the crime(s) related to property seizure must have their property returned within 6 hours of the verdict.

• All returned property will include 20% additional value in US currency as restitution for the inconvenience.

• Any property not returned within the 6 hour grace period will be accompanied by an additional monetary award twice the replacement value of the property, not to include depreciation. Anyone pursuing property return through legal means also is entitled to twice the fair and reasonable legal expenses incurred.

• Any civil servant who purposely fails to promptly return property as described above may also be sentenced to a maximum of 300 days in prison, to be served concurrently, or be required to personally pay for the penalties described above, or both. Such persons will also be terminated from their positions upon conviction and prohibited from holding any future public positions.
Problem fixed. Now, if only we had a Congress...

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not like you are likely to cash in any kind of financial surety while on a vacation or trip. If you are faced with that prospect maybe you shouldn't be traveling at all.
That's what credit cards are for.

If the SHTF what would you be more likely to accept as payment for something you have to sell? A federal reserve note or a certain amount of gold or silver? Personally, I wouldn't want to even wipe my ass with a federal reserve note considering where it has been before it got to me.
edit on 22-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
If the SHTF what would you be more likely to accept as payment for something you have to sell? A federal reserve note or a certain amount of gold or silver?

Neither, they're both worthless. Food, booze and ammo are where it's at in that situation.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I have all of that as well.

And I still want to know if I need to quit digging up Oak Island.

My real name is Daniel Boone.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join