It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost Benefit Analysis of Salad Bars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If you are on a budget, do not get salad at a salad bar. They normally have chopped ham, steak and eggs. Fill your bowl / container with those items.
Way more protein and nutrients lb for lb. It will also stave off hunger much longer.

You can use the same analysis with vending machines. Check net weight. Something airy and fluffy like chips is a rip off. Go for items more dense like peanuts. More protein and nutrients than chips.

I no longer have to do this financially but when I did, this was a common rule of thumb for me.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
If you are on a budget, do not get salad at a salad bar. They normally have chopped ham, steak and eggs. Fill your bowl / container with those items.
Way more protein and nutrients lb for lb. It will also stave off hunger much longer.

You can use the same analysis with vending machines. Check net weight. Something airy and fluffy like chips is a rip off. Go for items more dense like peanuts. More protein and nutrients than chips.

I no longer have to do this financially but when I did, this was a common rule of thumb for me.

Erm...

If you want to live, don't get salad at a salad bar.

I once a long time ago worked at a place everyone knows and eats at.

We prepped the lettuce for the salad bar in the morning by bowling the lettuce heads across the floor into the cooler door, swept it up with the kitchen broom into a dust pan and ran it under water.

Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You did rinse it off so I don't see a problem with it. Human bodies are generally tough. They can handle an acceptable level of dirt. It's the old and sick that can't handle it and they normally are not eating out. Not enough to worry about anyway. Sound like you kids had a lot of fun with a very marginal level of harm to society.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Shoulda charged more for mineral-fortified enhanced supersalads.

#LostOpportunities

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   

If you are on a budget...

Make your salads at home?

I get a suitcase of spring mix or whatevs and go to town with cucumber and sliced mushrooms (mycoprotein got your back,) and whatever else I'm in the mood for like radishes or canned olives.

Drizzle fresh lemon juice and olive oil. Salt and pepper.

Keep it simple as always. Best chefs are hungry chefs on a budget.

edit on 17-1-2020 by DietWoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DietWoke

I do normally but what I have found, I can get a much larger, better and cheaper salad at Jason's Deli. It cost me about three times as much to make that salad at home. For $5 I can make one to go so big it's actually two meals.

edit on 17-1-2020 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Erm...

We prepped the lettuce for the salad bar in the morning by bowling the lettuce heads across the floor into the cooler door, swept it up with the kitchen broom into a dust pan and ran it under water.

Just sayin...

Lettuce grows on the ground. Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: Lumenari

Erm...

Just sayin...

Lettuce grows on the ground. Just sayin...

And cats piss on it as well as slugs pooing and shagging on it...

Doesn’t bother me as long as it is rinsed...

I would however cringe a little if I found out that DB pissed on it!

Never know what dark alley he has been lurking in and what he might of picked up during his dirty deeds!?
Lags
edit on 17-1-2020 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Jan, 18 2020 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Oh boy yup, I won't even say what I did as a teen working in restaurants.....you guys would never eat at a restaurant again.

...and my account might get banned hehehe

new topics

top topics

join